{'en': 'The diabetes left him blind, after 4 years he saw again and met the face of his fourth son', 'es': 'La diabetes lo dejó ciego, después de 4 años volvió a ver y conoció la cara de su cuarto hijo'} Image

The diabetes left him blind, after 4 years he saw again and met the face of his fourth son

fer's profile photo   11/16/2022 3:10 p.m.

Fabián Richetti did not know Ezekiel's face, his fourth son, born while he was blind.To Priscila, the third, I had seen her until 9 months of life when she kissed the night before the day she lost her eyes while attending a greengrocer for a retinal detachment.There were four years of darkness, fears, refusing to carry a cane that told the world its new condition.

It was the type 1 diabetes that diagnosed him in adolescence that triggered the loss of vision.In 2010, he became the first patient to receive a combined kidney and pancreas transplant in the province of Buenos Aires that changed his life: diabetes left and thanks to this he could be subjected, the same year, to the surgery that surgery thatHe looked back.

“The doctor asked me to open his eyes and he didn't want to.For 4 years I squeezed my eyelids not to open them because something bothered me although I only saw darkI see very cloudy! 'He checked me and saw that he had tremendous cataracts.He immediately requested an operating room, operated them and made the miracle, ”summarizes Fabián the moment when his life changed again, this time forever.

history

Fabián Richetti is 44 years old, is a native of Arroyo Seco, province of Santa Fe and lives in Mar del Plata.At 14 he began to lose weight suddenly.He was diagnosed with diabetes and initiated a stage of dialysis, insulin injections and recurring fear to die from that disease.Despite this, he never imagined everything that would happen.

“At that time I was a lot with my grandmother, who was diabetic and insulin is applied, and every time I saw her punctuated me;When I started losing weight, she realized what was happening and told me that if she did the analysis to see if she was diabetic, for which my dad and mom insisted, she gave me money to buy me what she wanted.I did them and when I got home from school they received me all crying, I did not understand what happened and there they told me that I had diabetes and I laughed.'So messy for having diabetes?'30 kilometers from his house.

He went there and had a series of studies and analysis.“They determined that I had to start using insulin and when they told me that I couldn't eat anything, I realized that this was something very difficult.The first year I tried to take care of myself as I could, I punctured my finger day.Then I tried a little alfajorcito, I did the analysis and we ally at all;Then it was a coca, the smallest, and the same thing happened ... and I tried, trying, until I started neglecting.It was a life to the Ponchazos because it is very difficult to control it, at least for me it was.Then I had glycemia peaks and punctured me up to six or seven times a day to lower it, ”he laments.

You may be interested: he is blind and graduated as a biologist with 9.35 on average: "The blind world is not the night that people suppose"

When he was already 18 he noticed that he saw less and less and later began to fail his kidneys.“I went to the ophthalmologist and told me that I had to make a laser treatment that was crazy but necessary: ​​2,700 shots in each eye.Ten years later I began to have problems in the kidneys and when I went to the nephrologist tells me that I had to start dialysis.I got out of bed with swollen feet as elephant legs, I never imagined that it was because of the kidney problems or that I would need dialysis, but it was. ”

At that height of his life, in 2006, theGeneral picture in his health was worrying.“I had a pneumonia, everything was liquid in me.I had a liquid in my heart, the lungs covered and I fell serious, the doctors did not give me hope of survival.I was about 20 days in a coma, I could go out and I started dialysis.There began the odyssey because they dialized me five hours, day through.It was very hard.When I started with this, I had very little vision in the right eye and at the end of the dialysis stage I lost it at all, but I kept the right perfect until one day I began to see cloudy, working in the greengrocer as cashier a lady asks me toI would reach a bag with potatoes, which were stacked on the floor, and when I turned around to give it I didn't see it.I had retinal detachment and on August 6, 2006, at 30, I was blind. ”

life in the dark

That trade was two blocks from Fabian's house.His co -workers and friends took him there crying.“I knew that I had been blind because I had already lost my right eye.As I live on a first floor on the stairs, and as many times a day I had climbed them and lowered, I went up almost running, by heart, I did not react yet.I entered my house and went directly to my room and threw myself on the bed face down and started crying, ”revives the fatal afternoon.

Little by little his family, his parents, his brothers, his wife, his children ... "They convinced me to go to the guard and told me that the retina had detached me, that it could be reversed."

You may be interested: he was blind in adolescence, he could not get a job and never gave up: today he has a successful venture

Excited recognize your emotions in those days.“It was very hard, very sad because the days go by, the months go by, the years go by, but when it is blind, it tells every second of the life.While one is awake, he wants to do everything, but being blind, everything is with imagination, you live with imagination, sharpening the ears and using the smell to walk everything, to do, to play and choc away everything and was refused to use the stickOr to go to a blind school ... I was denied, but trusting in God, in my family we are evangelists, for me an exercise to speak to him and ask him to take his eyes back, to do the miracle. ”

For two years, Fabian was on the list of patients who needed a transplants, in their case of kidney and pancreas.“One day they called me from the Australia hospital because I had a donor and I became the first to receive a double kidney and pancreas transplant in the province of Buenos Aires;That made me recover from diabetes and had a possibility that the eye that was blind was operated but that I was not completely lost. ”

He spoke with the surgeon of the Nephrology team that in turn asked Mario Saravia, an ophthalmologist, to review him because despite being still delicate and perhaps he could give him a possibility to see or at least contain him if it was not possible.

“I returned from Mar del Plata for consultation with Mario and tells me that it could be tested."I am not going to leave you more blind," he said and hugged him.I knew that if someone operated, I was going to see, ”he remembers excited.

see again

On September 14, 2010, it was operated by Saravia.“It was Tuesday, my older son turned 18, and nobody wanted to accompany me to surgery because they were with the bad experience of what happened with my right eye that after three operations and a lot of handle I lost it, but my mother went toMy side.I rented a room in a hotel in front of the hospital and the day after the operation I grabbed the cell phone, which I used by heart, and I saw the screen reflection.I flanged again and I saw it again, I thought I was dreaming.I saw lights, clarity, rays.On Thursday, I return to control and whenI lift my eyelid I saw something strange, very cloudy, something very rare and I told him, on Friday that began to clear and on Saturday again at the hospital I saw a coffee jar, I saw the blue shoes, I saw colors, I saw faces whileI walked to the office and when I arrive I say that I saw.He controls me, grabs his head and tells me that he had a tremendous cataracts.He tried to operate at the time, but I had to wait until Tuesday. ”

Fabián returned to Pilar crying with emotion and that Tuesday, Mario took off his cataracts and Fabián saw again.“Already on the stretcher he made me open my eyes and after blinking I saw, I saw everything again, with extreme sharpness.I saw the world again.Upon leaving, I look at my mother and say: ‘You're disheveled!’, And she began to cry. ”

Upon arriving at the house he saw his children, for the first time in four years.Priscila was already 5 years old and Ezequiel 10 months.He revived their lives in photos, but it cost him a lot of time to see himself in the mirror and recognize himself.“I am fine thanks to God, now I see life and the world in another way.Blindness made me value life, with its colors and every detail, ”he concludes.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/16/2022 3:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.