Help to control diabetes

juanvice's profile photo   11/17/2022 12:30 p.m.

Hello, I am Juanvice and made the presentation I wanted to ask you some things to try to help my mother with type 1 diabetes that diagnoses her 10 years ago and that until now I had not stopped to think how serious it can become this disease, I gave meAccount of what it was as a result of reading two books that are the revolution of glucose and the diabetes code, all this made me realize seeing my mother that what I put in the book was what was happening to meMother, then he gave him a stroke 3 years ago, and although he is 73 years old he seems to be physically 83, and I am worried because I physically see her badly, and there is no way to control the sugar, to give you an example today she has gotten upWith the glucose at 157, 20 grams of nuts, zucchini puree and 3 turkey breast cuts and ten minutes after having breakfast was at 237, 37 have been punctured, 3 insulin units have been punctured and now an hour later it has it to257, that in the freshlibre2 apparatus 2 has then punctured and gave it even more 285, then I ask.
The apparatus of said brand is reliable?
Why that big sugar climb after having salad breakfast?
What can be due?
How can I control it?Should insulin have been punctured later?
I await your answers and thanks in advance in everything you can help me, greetings.

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/17/2022 12:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juan The first thing to do before breakfast is to inject insulin, not after.If you use Novorapid, you would have to save a minimum of 15 minutes of waiting before starting to eat, the insulin effect is not immediate.
Freestyle is more precise when you have been on several days, not at the beginning.And the truth, sometimes there is a lag between 30-50, and sometimes even more .... if it has a peak, it would be to look in capillary to make the right decision when injected.The sensor is an aid especially to control the ups and downs, but it is not 100% reliable.
The zucchini puree carries hydrates (it has to contemplate it when the insulin is injected), the nuts there are people to whom the glucose rises a lot (if it is their case, it would have to contemplate it too);And from 157 it is a high value, it is normal that it has uploaded ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/17/2022 1 p.m.

The zucly cooked zucchinate knows the carrot to me as if I ate a donut even if they are salty, on the other hand, use your mother slow insulin?If so, you should upload 2 units every 3 days until between 90 and 120.A greeting and welcome to the forum

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
11/17/2022 1:07 p.m.

Cassie said:
Juan The first thing you have to do before breakfast is to inject insulin, not later.If you use Novorapid, you would have to save a minimum of 15 minutes of waiting before starting to eat, the insulin effect is not immediate.
Freestyle is more precise when you have been on several days, not at the beginning.And the truth, sometimes there is a lag between 30-50, and sometimes even more .... if it has a peak, it would be to look in capillary to make the right decision when injected.The sensor is an aid especially to control the ups and downs, but it is not 100% reliable.
The zucchini puree carries hydrates (it has to contemplate it when the insulin is injected), the nuts there are people to whom the glucose rises a lot (if it is their case, it would have to contemplate it too);And from 157 it is a high value, it is normal for him to upload ...

Thank you Cassie for your answer, but if you get up to 157 you have to puncture before breakfast?It is that on Monday he got up at 130 to be signed before breakfast and at 2 hours entered hypoglycemia and stayed in 54, I had to take it to the hospital because he stayed until he speaks, the nuts will tell him that he does not eat them for the moment,And how do you look at the capillary?
How is the ball purged?
I have asked now what is the quick and if he has looked at her well, he told me that the brand is asparta, and the slow threeiba, right now the guidelines it carries are 3-3-4 of the rapid and 14 units, of the slowTresiba who clicks at night

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/17/2022 1:28 p.m.

diabetic said:
The zucchinated zucchini so know the carrot to me as if I ate a donut even if they are salty, on the other hand, do you use your mother slow insulin?If so, you should upload 2 units every 3 days until between 90 and 120.

Hello diabetic, if my mother uses slow insulin that is punctured at night 14 units. Threeiba, but I am very afraid to raise the dose because sometimes at night sleeping it has lowered a lot, I don't know how to control the climbs.

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/17/2022 1:32 p.m.

@juanvice, Novorapid is an insulin asparta, so I assume that they are the same type ... Yes it has to puncture before breakfast and wait for the 15 minutes that I have told you before breakfast.If he entered hypoglycemia, it is because he ate less hydrates than he had injected ... The capillaGlucose in reliable blood to say before a descent if it is to eat, or before a climb to prick to correct.Haven't they explained it?It's basic!The insulin ball is purged with 2ud, always before putting the right dose that has to be injected, to see if there is any problem with the needle or insulin.
Use carbohydrate counting?It is also basic to adjust the necessary insulin dose ...
Ideally, start eating below 130 ... The higher the figure is the more likely to raise glucose before.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/17/2022 1:42 p.m.

Juanvice said:
diabetic said:
the zucchini cooked so I know the carrot to me as well as if I ate a donut even if they are salty, on the other handDo you use slow insulin your mother?If so, you should upload 2 units every 3 days until between 90 and 120.

Hello diabetic, if my mother uses slow insulin that is punctured at night 14 units. Tresiba, but I am very afraid to raise the dose because sometimes at night sleeping it has lowered a lot, I don't know how to control the climbs.

The threeiba is the one I use and is quite flat throughout the day, but if you think they can give you hypos to change the time and put it in the morning, but because of the values ​​you say on an empty stomach would have to upload it, as I told you little toLittle of 2 in 2 UDS.Every 3 days until it lifts between 90-120.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
11/17/2022 2:20 p.m.

Apart from what you have been told important that you understand that the salty also has carbohydrates that require insulin.Proteins and fats are carbohydrates at 4 hours.

The most important thing is that you learn to calculate bowling, relationship between grams of HC and insulin necessary.

The zucchini puree also carries potato and cheese, a hydrates pump the potato plus zucchini.Being puree, it happens much faster to blood than if you have to chew.

Get with an HC table and glycemic indices.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/17/2022 2:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@juanvice, always have juices at home, to give it to him if he enters hypoglycemia.With a glass of juice or water with sugar, you can quickly solve, without lack of going to the hospital.Coca-Cola also goes up very fast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2022 4:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Have you put the sensor now because it has become insulin -dependent?

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/17/2022 5:35 p.m.

@juanvice
As they tell you you have to click before eating.At least 15 minutes and then trying.If not, food rises before insulin and it is impossible to avoid peak.
The day you say about the hypo to have punctured him before I don't think he had anything to do.Rather, you would insulin more about what he ate.And yes, for hypos with a juice or Coca Cola it usually is worth.
Regarding your questions.
The glucometer is always more reliable than the sensor.
Purging the ball is loading it with 2/3 units and throwing them, seeing how it comes out to make sure it leaves insulin because if not, sometimes you can believe that you have put it and have not come out.

The important thing is that you learn to calculate hydrates and click quickly depending on what I will eat.
And it is up high is slow.As I told you, I would try to put the slow in the morning to reduce the risk of nocturnal hypo.
I am surprised that you have so little information.Does your mother's doctor not throw a hand?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/17/2022 9:17 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello good afternoon and thanks to all for your answers and advice since they serve me of great help and to try to learn how all this diabetes works, the truth is that the last three times I have gone with her to consult and the doctor does notIt tells us much, nothing more than to click 3-3-4 of slow and 14 slowly, that's all they tell us, and when I got into this forum, I was surprised to see that there are people who click more times a day, what you want to call high sugar and I was surprised because the doctor has never told us but I will learn from you although they arise a lot of doubts and I will ask you a lot of things, I hope I do not become heavy, soLet's go to it.
Where can I get the HC table and glycemic indices?
My mother wears a sensor on her arm.
How to know how much to click according to HC?
LOOKING CAPILLARY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT, WHICH BOLI?
How is carbohydrate counting?
If you get up between 90-120 you also have to puncture before breakfast?
How to calculate bowling?
How to know how many insulin units do you need for 1 UD, from HC?
I hope they are not many questions and I wait for your answers, thanks in advance and greetings for everyone.

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/18/2022 5:15 p.m.

You should ask for time with the nurse of your health center and ask you to clarify all the doubts you have.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/18/2022 6:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Puff ... you need an educator .... ask for an appointment with endocrine and she derives you.

- Where can I get the HC table and glycemic indices? Link
- my mother wears a sensor on her arm.
It can be put in the buttock, in the leg where the pocket pocket but to look at you, better the arm

- How is carbohydrate counting?
It is easy, you take the table that I have put you and there you look how many carbohydrates have 100g of each food and with that you calculate how much your mother eats.Every 10mg of HC is what we call an HC ration that allows us to calculate insulin.
Example: an apple is snack.1 (= 10g) HC ration are 100g of apple, if you eat a large apple it is surely in 200 g approximately, that is, it eats 2 rations of HC;If you look at your glycemic index (= absorption speed) is green, it means that it is slow to digest and go to blood.

- How to know how much to click according to HC?
- How to know how many insulin units need 1 UD, from HC?

You have to calculate, based on trial and error;Glucose is measured before eating, how many HC rations are said and the insulin doses.
Example, birthplace delivery (80-140mg/dl), such as a plate of vegetables (1.5r), meat or fish (protein) and a medium-sized fruit (1.5 r), in total 3R of HC, and II put 5 fast insulin.At two hours and I look little at my glycemia and I am fine, Normaglycemia, in this case Ratio 3: 5 I have done well and 1 insulin unit metabolizes me 6 g of HC or 0.6r;If at two hours I am between 160-200, I would need to have put 6 units for 3R;I take note for the next time.
Important: insulin needs are different in breakfast, at food and dinner.

- How to calculate bowling?
The bolus is the calculation of insulin by HC ration.

- look capillary I don't know how to do it, with which Boli?
It is the traditional glucometer that measures capillary glucose (take an eye on this photo Link
- If you get up between 90-120 you also have to puncture before breakfast?
Between 80-120 it is considered Normaglycemia, and if, you always have to use insulin for any food intake that is going to be performed since our body does not produce.The insulin units necessary for the HC rations that are going to eat must be put before (15-25min).
The objective of putting insulin before is to match the action of the medication with the absorption of blood food to achieve a glycemic curve as flat as possible.The minutes before injecting vary according to breakfast, food, dinner and for each person.It is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2022 6:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Juanvice said:
hello good afternoon and thanks to all for your answers and tips since they serve me of great help and to try to learn how all this diabetes works, the truth is that the threeLast times I have gone with her to consult and the doctor does not tell us much, nothing more than to click 3-3-4 and 14 of slow, that is all that they tell us, and when I get into this forum me meIt has surprised to see that there are people who click more times a day, what you want to call high sugar and surprised me because the doctor has never told us but I will learn from you although they arise a lot of doubts and I'm going toAsk you a lot of things, I hope not to become heavy, so we are going to it.
I hope they are not many questions and I wait for your answers, thanks in advance and greetings for everyone.

Good afternoon, I've been in the forum for very little time because, although I debuted 3 years ago, until just over a month ago I was in honeymoon and did not use bowling or ration counting, ect ...
Anyway I will respond to what I can:

-The HC and IG tables usually give it to you in the hospital or in your health center.You can find it on the Internet too.

-To take the hair glucose there are some readers called glucometers.They should also give them to your health or hospital center.They also usually give them to pharmacies, but keep in mind that the one that should prescribe the strips that are used must be your doctor.

-If it is between 90-120 you must put before eating the bolus corresponding to the HC you are going to take.
If it were below 70-80 the bolus would put it after the food, and it should start with, for example, a fruit to raise the glucose before.

-The bowling are calculated in relation to the HC to consume, the level of glucose you have at that time and even at the time of day (in the short time I have been, I am noticing that in the morning I need more insulin than in the afternoonor night, even if he ingested less hydrates)

-In how much to how much insulin you need, each person is different.I am testing 1: 1 (a unit for 10 grams of hydrates) and there are days that is better and others worse, but I prefer that to be with closed guidelines of 2-3-2 every day no matter if you are going to eatmore or less.That leads you to suffer hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia continuously.

I hope I have helped you.Please if someone from the forum sees something wrong in what I have rectified it.

The rest of doubts will be resolved for the other members of the forum.

Greetings and take care of yourself.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
11/18/2022 7:10 p.m.

@juanvice, look at the value of glycosilad hemoglobin HBA1C that it has in the analytics.If it is less than 7, the control is good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/19/2022 12:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I feel to have to correct you but the good control method is the newspaper, with the information we have today we know that being guided by the HB1AC level is something inaccurate.

We already know that two people could throw the same value in that test and can reach very different ways, one having very stable glucose values ​​and another with hyper and constant hypoglycemia, saw teeth, and making the measure would have the same average glucoseOr glycosilad, however we already know the consequences of glucose peaks on the body and organs.

That is why daily control and take into account the glycemia variability index to try to minimize those peaks

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/19/2022 9:06 a.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

@Madmax, yes, but he is asking for his mother and.At least the glucosilada is well ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/19/2022 3:06 p.m.

ruthbia said:
puff .... you need an educator ... ask for an appointment with endocrine and she derives you.

- Where can I get the HC table and glycemic indices? Link
- my mother wears a sensor on her arm.
It can be put in the buttock, in the leg where the pocket pocket but to look at you, better the arm

- How is carbohydrate counting?
It is easy, you take the table that I have put you and there you look how many carbohydrates have 100g of each food and with that you calculate how much your mother eats.Every 10mg of HC is what we call an HC ration that allows us to calculate insulin.
Example: an apple is snack.1 (= 10g) HC ration are 100g of apple, if you eat a large apple it is surely in 200 g approximately, that is, it eats 2 rations of HC;If you look at your glycemic index (= absorption speed) is green, it means that it is slow to digest and go to blood.

- How to know how much to click according to HC?
- How to know how many insulin units need 1 UD, from HC?

You have to calculate, based on trial and error;Glucose is measured before eating, how many HC rations are said and the insulin doses.
Example, birthplace delivery (80-140mg/dl), such as a plate of vegetables (1.5r), meat or fish (protein) and a medium-sized fruit (1.5 r), in total 3R of HC, and II put 5 fast insulin.At two hours and I look little at my glycemia and I am fine, Normaglycemia, in this case Ratio 3: 5 I have done well and 1 insulin unit metabolizes me 6 g of HC or 0.6r;If at two hours I am between 160-200, I would need to have put 6 units for 3R;I take note for the next time.
Important: insulin needs are different in breakfast, at food and dinner.

- How to calculate bowling?
The bolus is the calculation of insulin by HC ration.

- look capillary I don't know how to do it, with which Boli?
It is the traditional glucometer that measures capillary glucose (take an eye on this photo Link
- If you get up between 90-120 you also have to puncture before breakfast?
Between 80-120 it is considered Normaglycemia, and if, you always have to use insulin for any food intake that is going to be performed since our body does not produce.The insulin units necessary for the HC rations that are going to eat must be put before (15-25min).
The objective of putting insulin before is to match the action of the medication with the absorption of blood food to achieve a glycemic curve as flat as possible.The minutes before injecting vary according to breakfast, food, dinner and for each person.It is proof and error.

Many grace Ruthbia for all your clarifications I have taken note of everything and if we get the glucose normalized, thank you very much, greetings.

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/21/2022 11:47 a.m.

sandman said:
Juanvice said:
hello good afternoon and thanks to all for your answers and advice since they serve me great help and to try to learn howAll this diabetes works, the truth is that the last three times I have gone with her to consult and the doctor does not tell us much, nothing more than to click 3-3-4 of quick and 14 of slow, that isEverything they tell us, and when I got into this forum, I was surprised to see that there are people who are click more times a day, what you want to call rectifying high sugar and I was surprised because the doctor has never told us but I will goLearning from you although a lot of doubts arise and I will ask you a lot of things, I hope not to become heavy, so we are going to it.

Good afternoon, I've been in the forum for very little time because, although I debuted 3 years ago, until just over a month ago I was in honeymoon and did not use bowling or ration counting, ect ...
Anyway I will respond to what I can:

-The HC and IG tables usually give it to you in the hospital or in your health center.You can find it on the Internet too.

-To take the hair glucose there are some readers called glucometers.They should also give them to your health or hospital center.They also usually give them to pharmacies, but keep in mind that the one that should prescribe the strips that are used must be your doctor.

-If it is between 90-120 you must put before eating the bolus corresponding to the HC you are going to take.
If it were below 70-80 the bolus would put it after the food, and it should start with, for example, a fruit to raise the glucose before.

-The bowling are calculated in relation to the HC to consume, the level of glucose you have at that time and even at the time of day (in the short time I have been, I am noticing that in the morning I need more insulin than in the afternoonor night, even if he ingested less hydrates)

-In how much to how much insulin you need, each person is different.I am testing 1: 1 (a unit for 10 grams of hydrates) and there are days that is better and others worse, but I prefer that to be with closed guidelines of 2-3-2 every day no matter if you are going to eatmore or less.That leads you to suffer hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia continuously.

I hope I have helped you.Please if someone from the forum sees something wrong in what I have rectified it.

The rest of doubts will be resolved for the other members of the forum.

Greetings and take care of yourself.

Thank you very much Sandman for your clarifications, I have taken note of everything and I will see if I put the batteries with all your tips.
Greetings.

juanvice's profile photo
juanvice
11/21/2022 11:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.