{'en': 'Ratio-insulin adjustment', 'es': 'Ajuste del Ratio-insulina'} Image

Ratio-insulin adjustment

Cassie's profile photo   11/22/2022 5:59 p.m.

Hello!!

As you will know I have been doing peaks on meals for two weeks, my need for insulin has changed, I went to my educator and changed my ratios and still was high.

I found a blog where they explain very well how to learn to calculate the ratios and I have realized that my noon ratio would be 2: 1 (he put me 1'5: 1) I tried 1'7 and still made peak and today that I have done2: 1 at 2 hours was in 148 (in the blog he said that he had to be at a maximum of 160 to be in optimal range).

The fact is that at 3h.Insulin has been finished and described in chop ... from 101 to 63 in 12 minutes.

Do you think I have miscalculated?

Has it been bad luck?

Had he had tried 1'8 or 1'9 before moving to 2ud by ration?

A PLEASE advice .... THANK YOU!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/22/2022 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would not change anything because it can be something punctual.Today you have gone to hypoglycemia, and tomorrow with the same meal you may stay in Normaglycemia.Insulin may last more than 3 hours and having metabolized everything passes to hip.File X :)
It is rare that without the effect of rapid insulin between hiccups, because I understand that you have not changed the basal.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2022 6:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia no, I have not changed the basal.I changed it to how I had it because he uploaded it to me 2 points and at night I went down and went down even eating ... tonight I have been very stable sleeping in 124 and getting up in 121 .... By 4r yesterday II click 7 units and put on 200, today I have put myself for 4R 8uds.And I have not had a peak ...
I will try tomorrow to see, then ... but that yuyu .... I venture to do it alone and I find this ... 😓

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/22/2022 7:20 p.m.

At breakfast before I had 1: 1 and now 3: 1 and at dinner before 0'8: 1 and now 1: 1 .... I have not been able to tell me if it is the change of weather or ending the honeymoon,But that my needs have changed is a fact.
What is angry is that since my average is fine (before), I told me that the peaks did not matter ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/22/2022 7:27 p.m.

It is normal, that you try for yourself.It is the only way to meet.

Check your cycle, when we ovulate, insulin needs can also be increased.

For the peaks you have to put the insulin before, to see if you get more entering hiccups.His thing is to be below 180 at 2 hours, if so, for the peak you have to put 20 min before insulin

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2022 9:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, the truth that I took fear, because this morning I had another downturn and I have lowered the food ratio to 1.80, for 4r I have put me 7.5ud of insulin (yesterday I put on 8) .... the fact is that they are missing15 min.To do 2 hours that I have injected and I am already a chopped on the way to hyper ... but it does not let me correct the "social diabetes" because I have 2.9 UD remaining around the body.In this case, what do I have to do, wait for me to run out or inject 1/2 or 1 unit?What do you do when you are around 2 hours or do you spend and go on the way to hyper being still under the effect of active insulin?Thanks for your help @ruthbia:*
PS: At 2 hours I am in 211 and I go up, I have put 1ud .... I put me remaining 2.5ud ... :( is really that it is desperate not to know what to do ... if you do right or bad...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/23/2022 3:39 p.m.

Will I find my ratio sometime?with 1.80 I go ... with 2 bass .... I am very frustrated ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/23/2022 3:50 p.m.

@Cassie, patience woman;That is the problem of diabetes, which never blocks anything, but one gets used to it.

Rectify it with active insulin, it is very particular, that is, when you already know your body very well you know whether or not to do it.I usually be conservative and although I need 4 units, I put 2 or 3 just in case, I do not like self -induced hypos.

As you have uploaded the fast insulin needs, you can also vary your action time, that is, you may not last 3 hours and you are in 2 hours.

There is no formula, it is proof and error.What can help you is to eat the same foods and record the insulin doses;I have proven that the fats are worse than the hydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2022 5:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.