{'en': '16 thoughts that a person with type 1 diabetes has every day', 'es': '16 pensamientos que una persona con diabetes tipo 1 tiene cada día'} Image

16 thoughts that a person with type 1 diabetes has every day

fer's profile photo   11/25/2022 12:45 p.m.

Many things go through anyone's mind on a day to day ... for example: "What should I do at work today?", "I must remember to program an appointment with the doctor" or also "What should I plan for thisweekend? ”," What do I have to buy in the supermarket today? ", etc ...

For someone with type 1 diabetes, in addition to all these thoughts, we need to remember many other things throughout the day.

How many of these 15 general thoughts on "Type 1 Diabetes" have you had today?

The day begins and I get out of bed ...

1. "I wonder what number will appear in my meter this morning."Please be good, please be good ...

2. "It's a good glucose level ... I'll get it last?"I hope that the rest of the day, or even the rest of the week if I'm lucky.

3. "Hopefully this breakfast does not ruin the good streak of blood glucose readings that I have been having"

4. "How many carbohydrates I just eat and how much insulin do I put now?"

5. "Meter, insulin, glucose tablets, control ... okay, I'm ready to get out of the house"

6. "What is this horrible feeling in my head and why do I feel so bad?"It's time to check the meter ...

7. "Ah ... a high blood glucose reading, how typical" knew that the good streak would not last long: time to put a correction dose.

8. "Wow, now I feel good ... what a great day" *I wonder how long it will last ... *

9. "The time of lunch ... so much food, so many carbohydrates" I hope to hit my insulin dose this time.No more headaches, please.

10. "Why is it hard for me to think clearly and I'm hungry?"I think I have to review my glucose again, I feel low ... Maybe I need some glucose tablets and a juice.

11. "A blood glucose reading of more than 70 mg/dl ... UF!"Thank you glucose and juice tablets!

12. "I feel better .... Relax, I think nobody has realized the downturn" I check the glucose again ... hmm.

13. "The time of food again, which means more carbohydrate count ... Good!"I really hope to do it well for once today.

14. "I have to remember to pick up the new box of reactive strips/glucose sensors tomorrow" could be a disastrous day if I forget.

15. "What a day so full of events ... a last check of glucose and then sleeping time"

16. "Why don't glucose fall to a normal level?" ... another night in candle waiting for insulin to act.Let's see if I can rest ... tomorrow I have to be ready to do all this again!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/25/2022 12:45 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Give it "like" if you have had 5 or more of these thoughts in the last 24 hours ...

fer's profile photo
fer
11/25/2022 12:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

17. "Is the sensor to" get ready "today?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2022 2:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Me, I put insulin in the food? I can go to train at that time or will I be decompensated?I am sleepy or I'm low,

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
11/27/2022 1:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

After 41 years supporting diabetes 1, with more than 70,000 punctures in tow, I carry the condition well and I do not consider a third of the "thoughts" of the statement.I am not neurotic and with 71 years, I intend to continue giving war to my grandchildren a few more years.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
11/27/2022 8:01 p.m.

Thus we are all friends.A few more neurotic days and others less.But well in general.It is something that we will have to live throughout our life.We better get it well.That diabetes does not make us stop living fully each of our hours.Well, or at least we try, hehehe.
Courage, we can with it.:)

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/28/2022 7:57 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

We have more mental pressure than the rest of mortals, that is clear.But it makes me particularly good to see that there are people who like @rubioares have been living for more than 40 years and you can live ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/29/2022 11:09 a.m.

I have been 25 years now, and the positive part is that it keeps your brain active, like the Brain Trainers of the Nintendo DS ... hahaha ... but I also miss it to disconnect from time to time, I would like to be able to turn off theDiabetes for some time, nor were they hours.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/29/2022 11:40 a.m.

I vote for a day without diabetes, now with this freshness I would take a chocolate with cheers or churros ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/29/2022 1:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, you will have no problem if you take it, you know how to do it :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2022 1:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina, true ... but I need an insulin truck and every 2.5 hours more for the fats of the batons .... does not compensate for me

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/29/2022 1:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

regina said:
@ruthbia, you will have no problem if you take it, you know how to do it :)
>

Regina, you always say that, that you can do excesses compensating with fast.Well, I don't know.The problem I have is that in general everything goes up late (sometimes at 4/5 hours).Therefore, to make an excess one day I do not know when I would have to prick, because if I do it ahead I would enter hiccup, and how much, in what is labeled ok, but in this example, some cheers with chocolate, orA piece of cake in a restaurant ... is that no idea of ​​the rations of carbos that can have ...
Any orientation?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/29/2022 1:45 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Isabel, my daughter for a ration of cake would put 4 quickly, but it is a matter of trying, because it depends on each one.
She is diabetic since childhood, is already known well.
Look hydrate equivalence tables.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2022 1:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I have almost 39 and I have 47 and two daughters and of course I have those questions every day but we have to take-naturally one day I spend and another day I do not arrive that it would be my life without these shocks but here we continue and I thankI still have no complications and with some glycades of 7. I hope to continue this good until the 80

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
12/04/2022 3:12 p.m.

Since 2019 with diabetes 1 and since then I take a tour of my bag, through my pockets as if I went to the Himalayas every day, I have this, I have the other.I do everything that I think is fine and I have some glycades of 7.5, I disgust but that does not help me, so I still give me some whim from time to time so as not to have anxiety.It is best to walk in my case, I am doing very well, although I do pilates and folk dance.When I get three days to the activities the sensor stops doing mountainism and I get happy.But if not, he goes crazy.Nothing happens we have to get used to us that our glasses or our shoes are all those things that we load, the insulin the fruit, the apple etc.

marga122015's profile photo
marga122015
12/04/2022 7:22 p.m.

I have the feeling that many of those who are here do not do enough sport, or at least they do not train with enough intensity.

Why do I say all this?Because the fact of getting up high makes me intuit that it is so.I will talk about my personal case.

I try to train 4 days every week.The fact of training makes your body regulate the glucose levels much better, stretching the line and avoiding glucose peaks (both high and low).In addition, it also makes you reduce your insulin dose.Many will think you don't have time.I am a lawyer and I assure you that I do not have time left over.But you have to move, even more when we are condemned with the DM1.We have to be very disciplined and constant, and try not to lead a sedentary life.

If you start training, you will notice the first days you have hypos.Calm.This happens because you have changed your routine and you just have to adjust your dose.Especially slow insulin.Once you exceed this phase, you will witness how your glucose levels improve considerably.I always speak from my own experience, and I understand that each type 1 is a world, but I agree with many diabetic colleagues on the theme of sport.

If you want to see some examples, Nacho Fernández (Real Madrid player), Alexander Zverev (professional tennis player and who has reached No. 2 of the ATP), David Lozano (professional cyclist) etc.

I encourage you to try it.

I emphasize the sport because I know firsthand that it never remains, it only adds.

A hug to all and keep fighting!

Eugeni96's profile photo
Eugeni96
12/05/2022 9:49 a.m.

DM 1 desde los 24 años.
A1C/Hemo: 5,7% (39 mmol/mol)

I am 52 years old and I started in this (diabetes) in early 2019 and yes, there are many days that I think almost everything you have listed.If one day you relax a little, that always comes good, you pay it.You just have to assess whether the price has been worth it.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
12/05/2022 4:43 p.m.

Not one of them.Thinking all that is to think about negative, the bad of things (that if it breaks me, that if it ends, that if I do not arrive ....... Every negative).In the end the mind brings to your life in what you put the most focus.If you put it in the negative you will end up having the negative.And I doubt that you train your mind.The only thing I do is, in the long run, affirm you the evil of diabetes, cause you stress and anxiety the day that you go out and to think "I no longer know if I have 14 or 15 strips at home" and these with all thatRun-Run in the head all day feeding that anxiety and nervousness, that yes, that is the thinking training you have made to your mind.(And its consequence) ....... It is only necessary to think of all this, to generate an alternative plan, in case one of these circumstances is given, you are prepared and it is not the end of the world.You think, prepare and leave.If the day comes to apply, you will not be nervous or distressed.You know what you should do, you do it and that's it.But lengthening all that catastrophic thought in time ....... put day yes, also the focus on bad ........ Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/08/2022 10:18 a.m.

I do not think about half, I only worry about my levels before going to train and always carry a gel.

speedy1967's profile photo
speedy1967
12/11/2022 8:01 p.m.

LADA con insulina abasaglar + Ristfor con sensor, Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.