{'en': 'Farinaceous glucose spikes', 'es': 'Picos glucosa farináceos'} Image

Farinaceous glucose spikes

arancv's profile photo   12/06/2022 9:38 a.m.

Hello everyone!!

I am 46 years old and I debuted in type 1 diabetes 6 months after several income and glycosilada of 12.6.Since then I am with Toujeo, Humalog.

Since I was put on the sensor I am crazy trying to know my body and adapt it to diabetes.I want to ask a question to those who have been:

I have detected that when as farinaceos even if they are integral and without fat, the blood glucose does not begin to raise up to 2h 30 min, which supposes me a hypo at the hours and something and a hyper later ...

Should I prick the whole bolus one hour after starting to eat?

Divide it?

How much?

I have a mess in my head ……

Thank you so much !!!!

arancv's profile photo
arancv
12/06/2022 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I would start by putting insulin later, trying, at the best half hour to see how the results.But see what they tell you here.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/06/2022 11:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The same thing happens to me and now I put insulin when I begin to eat, for example if I am 120 before eating I put it when I start eating if I am 250 I put it 30 MINS before, or put you less insulin amount,The sensor gives a lot of advantage to know at all times and you can apply corrections if you see that it goes up to 2 h and 30

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/07/2022 11:35 a.m.

Hello, it happens to me with the rice and it depends on how I have the glucose before eating, now what I do and is better is that if I have to put 6 quickly the divide into two or three units ending up eating and the rest whenThe sensor measures me about 140 and is counteracted since I slowly rises and I do not suffer the initial descent.
I hope it helps.

Tavosugarfree's profile photo
Tavosugarfree
12/13/2022 11:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.