{'en': 'Videocolonoscopy with type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Videocolonoscopia con diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Videocolonoscopy with type 1 diabetes

monesga's profile photo   11/24/2022 12:54 p.m.

Hello friends,

I am from Argentina, and I have a consultation for this forum: Does anyone with type 1 diabetes made a videocolonoscopy?

My doubts go through the previous day of preparation, since only liquids are ingested and I fear hypoglycemia ...

The gastroenterologist warned me that he prefers to go, the morning of the study, with 400 glycemia than with hypoglycemia ...

And my diabetologist told me not to apply the basal insulin on the day of the liquid diet and only use the corrective in case of climbing more than 200 blood glucose ...

Today I am on that previous day, and something nervous, of course ...

Can anyone share their own experience about it?

Thanks colleagues on the way !!!

monesga's profile photo
monesga
11/24/2022 12:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I made a colonoscopy (I suppose it will be the same) last year without diabetes, but how strange, the diet was strict in terms of eating things that leave waste, but it was not liquid exclusively .... I live in Spain

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/24/2022 1:21 p.m.

The subject was spoken recently.Here you have the thread in case it serves you.
Link

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/24/2022 2:55 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I operated in August and I had to fast for 8 hours later then I delayed the operation for several hours there were 16 more or less.
I lowered the slow half to not enter hiccups, I entered hiccups but only took sugar, 15g, 2 times that leaves no waste.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/24/2022 4:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello again for the forum. Only today I can comment on some of what I lived ... before I want to thank for your useful comments ... but my experience was the following:
The day before colonoscopy and high -road endoscopy I took sugar -free fluids, my endocrinologist told me not200 or less not to arrive in the hiccum the next morning for the study ... At 4 pm I had to take the first part of the laxante kit that were 4 bisacodile tablets, and immediately drink 2 liters of water in two hours... At 18 I began to feel fortisite and nausea twisting ... At 7 pm I started with diarrhea and very strong yellow liquid vomitingI am never complicated to vomit or make scandal, but this I never lived in my 64 years of age and 38 with type 1 diabetes ... the vomiting intensified and I sit in the bathroom with a bucket to throw between the legs saying goodbyeLiquids above and down ... I couldn't stand up ... I tried to communicate with the gastroenterologist and did not attend to me, only at 22.30 he attended me and told me that I had not attended because it had been a terrible office daythat I hadn't even had lunch !!What an excuse !!I, a special patient, (with DB 1, hypertension and indication of my cardiologist to study with continuous monitoring), and he could not assist me a call from S.O.S !!!
He told me that with vomiting he could not do it, that if he could eat something at that time, at 8 he was for the endoscopy of high digestive roads ... Was he crazy?If I still continued with vomiting, and did not retain the relief (to cut them), how did he think he was going to Cenarrrrr ???
Obviously I warned him at 6 in the morning that I did not go, he attended me in a sleeping voice, thus I would intervene patients !!!Ahh and very loose body told me that in 15 days I saw it to reprogram everything and try (probarrr?!) Other laxatives, although the one who gave me was the meas light of all !!!!
Nor will you see a hair !!Until Sunday (that was Thursday) I had diarrhea even with blood ... I lost tooodaa my intestinal flora that I take so much because I also have celiacy (the kit that sent me was gluten without, I clarify in case they think that what happened to me was reactionceliac) ... There I decided to take Loperamide to cut that diarrhea and buy enterogermina (lactobacillos, good bacteria to recover intestinal flora) and little by little I was recovering, yesterday I went to work at my school, I am library in high school, very lazyAnd even without eating ... I can say that today I am feeling better and I began to feel appetite and the food fell well, also a little more vigorous and animated ..
It was a nightmare!It's like that laxative caused me a very adverse reaction as severe poisoning .... losing electrolytes, salts and I don't know what else !!
In the future I will look for another professional of course ... This was very strong as a personal experience
Thank you very much for reading and answering me ... I know that each organism is different, but one puts himself in the hands of doctors to guide, guide and accompany effectively ... obviously I know that many others have been good for them well and I congratulate meWith them ... blessings for all, companions on the way !!!

monesga's profile photo
monesga
11/29/2022 11:58 p.m.

monesga said:
I again forum partners .. just today I can comment on something I lived ... before I wish to thank for your useful comments ... but my experience was the next one was the next:
The day before colonoscopy and high -road endoscopy I took sugar -free fluids, my endocrinologist told me not200 or less not to arrive in the hiccum the next morning for the study ... At 4 pm I had to take the first part of the laxante kit that were 4 bisacodile tablets, and immediately drink 2 liters of water in two hours... At 18 I began to feel fortisite and nausea twisting ... At 7 pm I started with diarrhea and very strong yellow liquid vomitingI am never complicated to vomit or make scandal, but this I never lived in my 64 years of age and 38 with type 1 diabetes ... the vomiting intensified and I sit in the bathroom with a bucket to throw between the legs saying goodbyeLiquids above and down ... I couldn't stand up ... I tried to communicate with the gastroenterologist and did not attend to me, only at 22.30 he attended me and told me that I had not attended because it had been a terrible office daythat I hadn't even had lunch !!What an excuse !!I, a special patient, (with DB 1, hypertension and indication of my cardiologist to study with continuous monitoring), and he could not assist me a call from S.O.S !!!
He told me that with vomiting he could not do it, that if he could eat something at that time, at 8 he was for the endoscopy of high digestive roads ... Was he crazy?If I still continued with vomiting, and did not retain the relief (to cut them), how did he think he was going to Cenarrrrr ???
Obviously I warned him at 6 in the morning that I did not go, he attended me in a sleeping voice, thus I would intervene patients !!!Ahh and very loose body told me that in 15 days I saw it to reprogram everything and try (probarrr?!) Other laxatives, although the one who gave me was the meas light of all !!!!
Nor will you see a hair !!Until Sunday (that was Thursday) I had diarrhea even with blood ... I lost tooodaa my intestinal flora that I take so much because I also have celiacy (the kit that sent me was gluten without, I clarify in case they think that what happened to me was reactionceliac) ... There I decided to take Loperamide to cut that diarrhea and buy enterogermina (lactobacillos, good bacteria to recover intestinal flora) and little by little I was recovering, yesterday I went to work at my school, I am library in high school, very lazyAnd even without eating ... I can say that today I am feeling better and I began to feel appetite and the food fell well, also a little more vigorous and animated ..
It was a nightmare!It's like that laxative caused me a very adverse reaction as severe poisoning .... losing electrolytes, salts and I don't know what else !!
In the future I will look for another professional of course ... This was very strong as a personal experience
Thank you very much for reading and answering me ... I know that each organism is different, but one puts himself in the hands of doctors to guide, guide and accompany effectively ... obviously I know that many others have been good for them well and I congratulate meWith them ... blessings for all, companions on the way !!!

Poor, what a bad luck ....

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/30/2022 7:15 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@monesga never better said, worse the remedy than the disease, often fright!That they sent me together with Dulcolaxo, they went very well, could see the colon very clean ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/30/2022 10:23 a.m.

What caravary !!!
I did it years ago for an abdomen reso, they gave me a salt liquid (500ml each boat) with indications to eat the first day only soft diet and the second broths, a boat per day.I never vomit and the second day vomits salt, it was not diabetic but you go above and below.Awful.
I arrived super clean to the appointment, with 2 kg less.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/30/2022 1:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.