{'en': 'Luis Enrique (Spanish soccer team coach) recommends monitoring glucose', 'es': 'Luis Enrique (seleccionador del equipo de futbol de España) recomienda monitorizar la glucosa'} Image

Luis Enrique (Spanish soccer team coach) recommends monitoring glucose

fer's profile photo   12/05/2022 9:25 a.m.

Beyond the sports result of the matches that are being played in the group stage, the Catar World Cup is leaving countless extra -sports news and a good source of them has its origin in the connections that the Spanish coach, Luis Enrique Martínez,daily with fans.

In these sessions, which are usually held at night, Luis Enrique responds to all kinds of issues raised by spectators, from sports questions to much more personal issues, and one of them has left the unique connection of Luis EnriqueWith Gipuzkoa.

The coach explained on Wednesday night that he wears a patch that constantly measures the level of blood sugar.However, the device has nothing to do with diseases such as diabetes, but serves, among other things, to improve sports performance.

Glucovibes, which is the name of the application that in addition to Luis Enrique uses other elite athletes such as Real Madrid's footballer Dani Carvajal, the Spanish marathon champion Jorge Blanco or a good number of top -level cyclists, is a tool designed inGipuzkoa by Alberto Conde Mellado and his team.

It is, as his ideologist explains, a "metabolic GPS that helps you get your goals, whatever they are."They work on three variables: nutrition, physical activity and rest.“What we do is integrate all the user's information into different devices such as watches, rings, bracelets or mobile.

We centralize all that information and add the information from glucose biosensors.It is the objective way of knowing how our lifestyle is affecting us inside.In this way we are capable, thanks to artificial intelligence and that we have a medical and nutrition team behind, to define precision nutrition patterns for the goals of each of our users, ”explains Conde Mellado.

But the application is useful not only for high performance athletes, but for all types of profiles, such as people who want to lose weight but who does not work."To one the banana feels in one way and others from another, because some have more insulin resistance, others less, others respond better to physical activity in the morning, others in the afternoon ... all that we are able to see it andThanks to that what we can offer to each person is a nutritional pattern that really adjusts each one individually and precisely, ”indicates the creator of Glucovibes.

Currently, they work with a kind of patch, similar to that used by diabetics, which allows them to measure blood glucose levels, but the really innovative thing about their service is that they integrate in a single application all the information of the lifestyle of aPerson, which allows you to help you get your goals: "All our users receive a report and have access to a nutrition team and doctors that explains things, which gives you guidelines."

At the moment, they have been in the market for a year and experience cannot have been more positive: “99% of people have given us a positive feedback.We are even adapting the business model to what people are asking us, ”says Conde Mellado, which explains that they have incorporated an annual subscription into their service.

Now, advertising made by Luis Enrique allows them to put their product in a showcase as global as Twitch.However, he clarifies: “We have not asked him to advertise, much less.That is why we are very Gipuzkoans.We do not pay anyone to use our products.We understand that if he did it was because it seems interesting. ”

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/05/2022 9:25 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Totally in favor of non -diabetic people monitoring their glucose levels.It is scientifically demonstrated that glycemic peaks worsen health.

The higher the demand for these products, the more the price will lower and the more the quality will increase.As well as more companies will be interested in producing these products.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/05/2022 10:18 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I see it well for prediabetic or high peak people.

But most of the non -diabetic people, who always move between 70 and 80 as a public forum partner, who put a patch to his partner, seems silly.If being at 80 or even 90 were bad, as some obsessed with the diet and sugar say, the diabetics really could not live so many years.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/05/2022 10:37 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, I saw it in the other post but it is that a non -diabetic person does not always move between 70 and 80. A non -diabetic person is very good to understand how to avoid glycemic peaks.

Rice pancakes seem super healthy, even me, diabetic, I get to eat like snack before the sensor ...

It seems to me a super useful tool to see what meals or how to eat.For example, adjust breakfast ... that have been selling cookies and cereals for decades.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/05/2022 10:48 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Well, to me sincerely and how I have heard a nutritionist, it seems to me an uselessness for a person who does not have diabetes, and more in his case that does so much sport and eats so well apparently.Want to complicate life in that sense, but hey, and each one who does what he wants

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
12/05/2022 12:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, many diabetes will be discovered that did not exist before ... I don't know if it will be better or worse because of the supradiagnosis ... or how to say ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2022 3:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Javiertierno said:
Well, since I sincerely and how I have listened to a nutritionist, it seems to me an uselessness for a person who does not have diabetes, and more in his case that does so much sport and eats so goodapparently.Want to complicate life in that sense, but hey, and each one who does what they want

With all respect from the world to your nutritionist I think he needs to update a little ... moreover, more sport I see the sensor in non -diabetics.Both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

To give an example.Many birds could be avoided in a marathon.

It would also help avoid that excess pre-compensation hydrates that has been inherited from the past and can lead you to a scare competing.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/05/2022 4:35 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

These people who do not have diabetes (and the sensors can be paid), I would like to see them if they had to take it by obligation and not for posture.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/05/2022 5:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Well, I'm with Regina.If everyone would take it in large numbers, the diabetic and prediabetic sector, that is, its detection.Given that many people are and do not know, ignorance would end.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/05/2022 5:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

In the world of sport there is an eagerness for technification all to the extreme.They measure watts, km rhythms, pulsations, saturation ..... and now glucose.A photo of Kipchoge has already come out with a glucose monitor.
This I think it can be useful, first of all to see the modification of metabolic routes, it will be interesting to see the curves of Lo Enrique when he trains on an empty stomach and follows what looks like a book carb of book.
On the other hand, do not imagine the carbohydrates that the athletes get into because it is advised, for no reason I think, glycogen recharge, so much that they end and prediabetic (look info on dr Tim noaces).
The following, and they already have it projected, it is a continuous height meter, something that I see very useful for us

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
12/05/2022 5:52 p.m.

As long as it does not become fashionable very fast and we stay without stock.Lately there is a shortage of almost everything.We would only lack that.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/05/2022 10:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Josemibi said:
JavierTierno said:
Well, my sincerely and how I have listened to a nutritionist, it seems to me an uselessness for a person who does not have diabetes,And more in his case that does so much sport and eats so well apparently.Want to complicate life in that sense, but hey, and each one who does what they want

With all respect from the world to your nutritionist I think he needs to update a little ... moreover, more sport I see the sensor in non -diabetics.Both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

It would also help avoid that excess pre-compensation hydrates that has been inherited from the past and can lead you to a scare competing.

Good, what is my nutritionist you have invented it, if I had, I would not ask about this.But go, as I said, if there are people who without diabetes want to buy it because as they want, better for those who sell them.But it seems to me a fashion, which will happen, and excessive health control for people who have no diabetes ..

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
12/06/2022 9:22 a.m.

Javiertienemnero said:
Josemibi said:
Javiertierno said:
Javiertierno said:
Well, my sincerely and how I have listened to a nutritionist, it seems to me an uselessness for a person who does not have diabetes, and more in his case that does so much sport and eats so well apparently.Want to complicate life in that sense, but hey, and each one who does what they want

Good, what is my nutritionist you have invented it, if I had, I would not ask about this.But go, as I said, if there are people who without diabetes want to buy it because as they want, better for those who sell them.But it seems to me a fashion, which will happen, and excessive health control for people who do not have diabetes ..

You are right, I read without wanting my* nutritionist instead of a* nutritionist.There are many nutritionists who need to update.

For years they have instilled a diet based on carbohydrates with totally unbalanced breakfasts.Thanks to these sensors in non -diabetic people you can see that food is better.Many diseases come derived from glycemic spikes and the corresponding insulin segregation.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/07/2022 6:11 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Another example in a non -diabetic person published by Glucovibes today.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/08/2022 12:13 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Glucobives uses the Abbott's free freestyle sensor (according to Glucobives's own website), so in terms of technology it is nothing new.

Dasswich's profile photo
Dasswich
12/11/2022 11:30 a.m.

I have my reservations with this.Yes, it may be diagnosed with the occasional diabetes ... but I see coming to a lot of "athletes" (not precisely professionals) following the advice of Luis Enrique and taking a drip with the sensors similar to that of Ozempic.And the truth, as I see a non-diabetic friend with that simply put by the pussy of seeing the graphs and do not give me sensors because there are supply problems ... same killing people.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/11/2022 9:22 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

I see it very useful for everyone to put it a few days to see how food, rest, etc. to glucose.Many people are not aware of glucose peaks that have to be quite high with certain meals, days of bad rest, etc.With that, actions can be taken and certain things to improve health even if you have a functional pancreas.
In the case of professional athletes, it seems almost essential to use it a seasons until you find food, training, etc.In elite sport every little thing that can be optimized can mean win or lose competitions.They are always at the limit of what they can perform and everything that facilitates the improvement seems very useful to me.
Another thing is how it would affect if everyone began to try them at the stock, I think that companies that manufacture these sensors should differentiate use for diabetes and other uses and always guarantee the stock of use in diabetes.I also believe that more demands are going to make and faster and get cheaper systems if there is competition.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/13/2022 1:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.