{'en': '8 years paying freestyle sensors until when?', 'es': '8  años pagando sensores Freestyle ¿Hasta cuando?'} Image

8 years paying freestyle sensors until when?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/14/2022 3:27 p.m.

Hello,

I am very old in this forum but I carry a lot without writing.

I have been paying since Abbot Freestyle sensors were invented.

My GP says that I have to ask my endocrine.

My endocrine says I am on the waiting list.They serve me at the Martorell hospital (Barcelona).

I have been able to pay all my life, but now I can't.Has anyone seen in some similar?

I know that a decree was published long ago and I think I have the right to prescribe them.

Has anyone had to claim/report to get them?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/14/2022 3:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

kraken said:
Hello, I'm very old in this forum but I have a lot without writing.I have been paying since Abbot Freestyle sensors were invented.My GP says that I have to ask my endocrine.My endocrine says I am on the waiting list.They serve me at the Martorell hospital (Barcelona).I have been able to pay all my life, but now I can't.Has anyone seen in some similar?I know that a decree was published long ago and I think I have the right to be prescribed. Some have had to claim/denounce to get them?Thanks!

Are you type 1 or 2?
Because if you are type 1 they must prescribe them.Put a complaint in that case.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/14/2022 3:47 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

kraken said:
Hello, I'm very old in this forum but I have a lot without writing.I have been paying since Abbot Freestyle sensors were invented.My GP says that I have to ask my endocrine.My endocrine says I am on the waiting list.They serve me at the Martorell hospital (Barcelona).I have been able to pay all my life, but now I can't.Has anyone seen in some similar?I know that a decree was published long ago and I think I have the right to be prescribed. Some have had to claim/denounce to get them?Thanks!

Good, I understand that it is a p*tada ... but although the decree is approved if you are on the waiting list, it is that you have it granted but your turn has not yet arrived ... it is like the one requesting the insulin pump and lesTouch wait 1 month or 1 year ..

I spent several months paying my sensors until I was financed, the alternative the lifelong glucometer ..

Try to press to see if you get something, courage and I hope they give it to you soon

marine's profile photo
marine
12/14/2022 3:53 p.m.

@kraken I agree with @isabelbota, I have paid them "of a lifetime" until it is very little, in which they informed me in the SS that already finance them for all type 1, I had to attend a couple of classes about classes aboutIts use (you will tell me ... after using them years ... hahaha), but well, once the process is done, they send them home every 2 months or so.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/14/2022 3:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello everyone and thanks for your answers.@Fer I'm glad you follow at the foot of the cannon as always.Yours is constancy ...

@isabelbota I am insulin -dependent for 30 years, but with glycosylated 6.5 thanks to the sensors, which have changed my life.Now returning to the Paleolithic is getting eternal.Thanks for answering.

@marine Thanks for the spirits, garlic water and resin until new order.

A hug to all.

DiabetesForo
12/14/2022 4:44 p.m.

@Kraken, my daughter gave them a year and a half ago, she has to touch you already.It is the endocrine who prescribes him, but talks to your nurse who is the one who gives them and it maybe it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2022 5:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Another great classic of this forum, thanks for the Council.I will try and a pleasure greet you.

DiabetesForo
12/14/2022 5:27 p.m.

@kraken If it serves you, when I talked to my header, it redirected the endocrine, and when they attended me, they literally told me that being type 1 "I was already taking" ... that is, that I shouldn't get too muchYou endocrine if you are type 1, and you would have to do the "de-ke-yá process!"

Then I share recent news, because also 1 month ago it was published that those of type 2 began to have coverage.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/14/2022 5:51 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yes, my endocrine was told me for a long time that the trend is to give them to type 2 if they are insulin -dependent but in all meals.I use fast at breakfast and at meals only if I spend a bit of hydrates.It is also true that when I stand I have time to walk every day and that goes down a lot.If two days I don't need insulin in all meals.
I already saw the article.They begin with the dependents and then there is a protocol for circumstances but I hope that one day I get.
The issue is that one of the reasons why they don't give it to me is because I am very well controlled, but I am very well controlled because I buy it, if not, it would be impossible.A vicious circle.
But @kraken, after 30 years ... are already worth.I would put a complaint because many newly diagnosed already have it

isabelbota
12/14/2022 9:02 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@kraken I didn't do the courses.I considered the endo and demanded that they include me, which I had been paying for 4.5 years, I got in pandemic, so in my September 2020 appointment, I went to that exclusively.I also opened a complaint in patient care.

They wanted to give me the course, waiting list and other roll that tell you.I put a bad face to the nurse, I told her that Abbott does not give me a course when I buy them online, total that gave me 6 directly, and I left.

They send them to my health center of 4 in 4, they call me when they are to pick them up.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/15/2022 12:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@kraken
Hello, have you achieved the sensors?

isabelbota
03/12/2023 9:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.