{'en': 'Catalunya begins to dispense glucose meters for people with type 2 diabetes', 'es': 'Catalunya empieza a dispensar medidores de glucosa para personas con diabetes tipo 2'} Image

Catalunya begins to dispense glucose meters for people with type 2 diabetes

fer's profile photo   12/14/2022 5:52 p.m.

The department of Salut has begun to dispens, gradually, continuous glucose monitoring devices to patients with type 2 diabetes, dependent on insulin and who need at least six blood glucose controls per day, about 2,500people in Catalonia.

The 'Ministry' will prioritize the distribution to pregnant people or in pregnancy programming and children under eighteen, according to a statement made public this Saturday.

This device is a device that measures glucose levels in real -time interstitial fluid, offering information that contributes to "increase the quality of life of patients and caregivers."

Currently in Catalonia, about 20,000 people with diabetes have one of these devices, which involves the coverage of the most risky diabetic people, those of type 1.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/14/2022 5:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In Andalucia they have been doing it for a long time, whenever they have insulin, even if it is only basal

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/14/2022 6:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
in Andalucia they have been doing it for a long time, whenever they have insulin, even if it is only basal

Well, with me with basal and fast nothing.And they intended to remove the 3 strips that give me because I buy the sensor ...
It is that I think it depends on the fate of the endo that touches you.
(I'm from Andalusia)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/14/2022 9:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
meginer said:
in Andalucia have been doing it for a long time, whenever they have insulin, even if it is only basal

Well, with me with basal and fast nothing.And they intended to remove the 3 strips that give me because I buy the sensor ...
It is that I think it depends on the fate of the endo that touches you.
(I'm from Andalusia)

Well, I don't know ... in theory this is at the regional level ...
I am from Seville, I don't know if there will be more advanced provinces than others.Not long ago, it will do about two months, first they did it for DM type 2 with insulin but dependent, so that the family did not have to prick it when they are bedridden etc, and then to the type 2 active q have insulin of the type that is.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/15/2022 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.