{'en': 'Absorption time', 'es': 'Tiempo de absorción'} Image

Absorption time

Prother's profile photo   12/19/2022 6:22 p.m.

Good afternoon.

I would like to know if someone of those who read me have gone through something similar.

For a few months I notice that absorption times are an authentic pass of the late ones that are, curiously in the central hours of the day.It seems that after 7 years he was on honeymoon (obviously it is impossible) ...

For example, today I have done a test and at 16 I have eaten 1.5 rations of rapid absorption hydrates (bag potatoes) and I have not put any insulin (I also had no insulin active more than the basal that the pump applies).It has not begun to reflect the sensor the rise to half and a half later (verified with capillary).This generates a lot of anxiety because I do not know when the insulin puts so as not to end up in hip.

I also have the doubt, if it takes me so long to raise the food and I go to Hip ...

I'm going to have to take a truck to trace the hypo (I avoid them at all costs for this reason).If as slow absorption hydrates it is absolute riot.On Friday I ate chickpeas and at the time I was in 80 and going down and I had to pull glucose pills.I have no gastropaper or hormonal anomalies (hormone analytics a month ago)

I would really appreciate if someone has gone through such a period or has an idea of ​​what can happen to leave me a comment.

Thank you so much!!!

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/19/2022 6:22 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

It's called diabetes @prother, women continue to continue from hormones.It is a guyvive.
You have to adapt, there is no guideline, a few days go well with 20 min and others in the dessert.That is why the sensor serves, to see the trend and act.I don't know if LibreLink has alarm for a tendency to go up or down, I use it with Diabox.When I see that I go up, I put the insulin because it acts quickly in meals and dinners, but at breakfast I put it 45min before.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2022 7:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Breakfast gives me the peak at the time nailed, like a clock (very easy to get the quick) but the food and dinner takes a lot.
I do not know if it will be because the hydrates that I usually eat are slow (legumes normally) but it is a fuss.I usually give the beak at 3, 4 or 5 hours.It is true that eating protein and slow hydrates and with a minimum of pancreatic reserve that I have left, I do not usually need a fast insulin in food and dinner, but once that as things I know I am going to need I am always aware of the sensor forWhen I begin to climb to click because I do not dare to do it before because I enter hiccups.
The few times I have eaten pasta or rice it has risen me faster, but I don't punish before it because I don't dare.I do it when I see that I begin to go up.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/19/2022 9:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Bag potatoes have fat, I don't think they are very fast.Although an hour and a half is too much.As @ruthbia says diabetes is unpredictable, every day a surprise.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/19/2022 10:57 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
bag potatoes have fat, I don't think they are very fast.Although an hour and a half is too much.As @ruthbia says diabetes is unpredictable, every day a surprise.

Completely agree.Regardless of the glycemic index tables that I use to have them as a guide.I am preparing a list of each food that I usually take and the absorption time it makes me.Let's see if so stuck something else with waiting times

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/19/2022 11:17 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

prother said:
salad said:
bag potatoes have fat, I don't think they are very fast.Although an hour and a half is too much.As @ruthbia says diabetes is unpredictable, every day a surprise.

Completely agree.Regardless of the glycemic index tables that I use to have them as a guide, I am preparing a list of each food that I usually take and the absorption time that makes me.Let's see if so stuck something else with the waiting times

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/19/2022 11:17 p.m.

@Prother, maybe it is better to put the fast after eating ... here you are always learning ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/20/2022 3:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And another is not only the absorption time of food but also what it takes to make insulin effect.I usually take a long time for breakfast, that's why I wear it half an hour before or more.However, I am more strict in food and is lower in hydrates, it seems that it improves the sensitivity to insulin and at 10-15 min begins to act.
It is clear that it is not like having your pancreas, which detects the climb and already, but it is what we have and each one affects us differently.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/20/2022 5:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Isabelbota said:
breakfast gives me the peak at the time nailed, like a clock (very easy to put the quick) but the food and dinner takes a long time.
I do not know if it will be because the hydrates that I usually eat are slow (legumes normally) but it is a fuss.I usually give the beak at 3, 4 or 5 hours.It is true that eating protein and slow hydrates and with a minimum of pancreatic reserve that I have left, I do not usually need a fast insulin in food and dinner, but once that as things I know I am going to need I am always aware of the sensor forWhen I begin to climb to click because I do not dare to do it before because I enter hiccups.
The few times I have eaten pasta or rice it has risen me faster, but I don't punish before it because I don't dare.I do it when I see that I begin to go up.

To have it as a reference and although it seems a somewhat silly question.If the breakfast peak gives you at the time.When do you put insulin?Just before eating, right?

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/20/2022 8:11 p.m.

prother said:
Isabelbota said:
breakfast gives me the peak at the time nailed, as a clock (very easy to wear the quick)But food and dinner take a lot.

To have it as a reference and although it seems a somewhat silly question.If the breakfast peak gives you at the time.When do you put insulin?Just before eating, right?

No, I have to put it half an hour before eating to square peaks.It is seen that in me, in the morning, insulin has its maximum action at the hour and a half.
I tell you this after many tests: then, before starting, 15 minutes before, 20 ... and in the end with what is 30. I left the white bread because I went up so fast (in half an hour) that I had toClick an hour before, with the consequent risk of hypo.
With which I take now, the wait for half an hour I have told you.

isabelbota
12/20/2022 10:24 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

My educator says that in the morning we have more insulin resistance.
That is why we do peak.Fast insulin begins its action at 20 minutes and has its maximum at the hour, so, half an hour in advance, you make sure that when glucose to the blood reaches the active insulin is to metabolize it.Even so, due to the "reinforced" resistance of that time slot, we will peak.
You have to make a breakfast with hardly any hydrates, Keto type and introduce the hydrates between food and dinner that are better handling moments.
Another option, if you can, is to walk or exercise a good time immediately after breakfast.
I go out of hiking (between 2 and 3 hours of walking) and I do not need to put insulin for breakfast, metabolize the two rations of hydrates and I even have to take a few more at 3 hours.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/21/2022 11:33 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
My educator says that in the morning we have more insulin resistance.
That is why we do peak.Fast insulin begins its action at 20 minutes and has its maximum at the hour, so, half an hour in advance, you make sure that when glucose to the blood reaches the active insulin is to metabolize it.Even so, due to the "reinforced" resistance of that time slot, we will peak.
You have to make a breakfast with hardly any hydrates, Keto type and introduce the hydrates between food and dinner that are better handling moments.
Another option, if you can, is to walk or exercise a good time immediately after breakfast.
I go out of hiking (between 2 and 3 hours of walking) and I do not need to put insulin for breakfast, metabolize the two rations of hydrates and I even have to take a few more at 3 hours.

Well, with the half hour of waiting, it is maximum 140, which I do not consider it serious.It is that during the rest of the day I control the hydrates but you take away the toast of breakfast (which I changed from white bread to one with seeds that do very well) and kill me ...

isabelbota
12/21/2022 12:45 p.m.

A 140 peak is not that it is not serious, it is that it is perfect!Each one feels the bread in a way;I have passed to the protein bread that barely has hydrates and it seems to me an invention.Everyone else: White, integral, seeds, spelled, medium -sized, they upload me like a rocket.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/21/2022 1:14 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
A 140 peak is not that it is not serious, it is perfect!Each one feels the bread in a way;I have passed to the protein bread that barely has hydrates and it seems to me an invention.All others: White, integral, seeds, spelled, medium -sized, they upload me like a rocket.

I am convinced that metformin helps me a lot to the subject. When I forgot I give 200 easy despite the rapid, and here, which is the same as me, with metformin, slow and fast said it happened to him the same.

isabelbota
12/21/2022 2:37 p.m.

salad said:
A 140 peak is not that it is not serious, it is perfect!Each one feels the bread in a way;I have passed to the protein bread that barely has hydrates and it seems to me an invention.All others: White, integral, seeds, spelled, medium -sized, they upload me like a rocket.

To my equal.Breakfast is quite chungo.I fully agree with you, the best solution is not to put a lot of HC load at breakfast

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/21/2022 3:01 p.m.

From the diagnosis of Lada, I follow Low Carb food in almost all my intakes.As an example: I get up (7 hours) over 100/110 glycemia and 3 units of fast humalog plus the metformin pill ..... and without waiting: large handful of nuts, half cucumber, half avocado, bowl of puree of zucchiniWith leek, small triangle of cold potato tortilla, very low protéic bread slicing in HC, Lancha Gouda cheese, tomato slice and 4 slices of turkey breast.Cup (about 150 cc) milk with soluble coffee.And, except water, nothing more until 14 hours for food.

About 2 hours later of breakfast (9h 30 ') low to the gym and 30' of force (weights) and 50 'to 60' medium-intensity spinning plus stretching and abdominals.Well, from the values ​​of getting up, at 3/4 I am about 155/170.In my case, the liver launches glucose during everything that lasts sports activity.From the end of the exercise, at eating (14 h) the values ​​are normalized to 100/110.

The same would have to climb 1U or 1.5 units of the fast so as not to go up so much ...do you think?

That is, except exceptions, daily.The weekend that I can get the bike, because they are 3 to 4 hours on the road, but the values ​​are similar.Interestingly they do not descend although the only food supply is usually a low carb and water bar.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/21/2022 4:33 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Prother Well, something similar is happening to me, with the change of time I went from 1-1.3-0.8 (in summer) to 3-2-1.5 and now I have had to go down to 2 (adding 1 small croissant from Choco tomy 4 toast of protein bread) -2-1.Before I waited for the 15 minutes at breakfast and now as and immediately afterwards I click and I do not do peaks.2 days ago I ate White Jewish (pot) and at 45min.I went down with more than 6 you still ... what you say I traced with an entire glucose pill and 2 small croissants of choco ... and it was not for hormonal theme .... so this is definitely not2+2: 4 We have to have more patience than a saint and play the lottery with which I punctuate every day ... if I am less than 100 at breakfast, I punctuate after eating, but lowered.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2022 1:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Cassie said:
@prother because something similar is happening to me, with the change of time I spent 1-1.3-0.8 (in summer) to 3-2-1.5 and now I haveI had to go down to 2 (adding 1 small croissant of Choco to my 4 toasted of protein bread) -2-1.Before I waited for the 15 minutes at breakfast and now as and immediately afterwards I click and I do not do peaks.2 days ago I ate White Jewish (pot) and at 45min.I went down with more than 6 you still ... what you say I traced with an entire glucose pill and 2 small croissants of choco ... and it was not for hormonal theme .... so this is definitely not2+2: 4 We have to have more patience than a saint and play the lottery with which I shed every day ... if I am less than 100 at breakfast, I punish me after eating, but down insured.

I am doing the same, if I get short to meals, first as and then I click.It is a mystery that is different every day.Someday I will try with a nutritionist a low diet in hydrates to see how are you

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/22/2022 3:45 p.m.

Hello, I take a lot of legumes and oats for breakfast, this is how I could control the situation of mine in my case I am a man.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
02/01/2023 3:13 a.m.

DM1 hace 7 años 18u de Toujeo y lo que venga de Novorapid 8-8-4
Hemoglobina glicosilada: 9,7% el 25/10/2022
Sin complicaciones.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.