{'en': 'In type 2 diabetes, is self -control or medical monitoring better?', 'es': 'En la diabetes tipo 2, ¿es mejor el autocontrol o el seguimiento médico?'} Image

In type 2 diabetes, is self -control or medical monitoring better?

fer__1973's profile photo   12/22/2022 1:27 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I would like to start a topic that has always generated a lot of debate among people with diabetes, especially in type 2:

Is it really necessary for us to educate and control our disease?

Or is it enough to give us adequate medical treatment and leave us in the hands of health professionals?

Some argue that it is essential that people with type 2 diabetes are educated and learn to control their disease effectively, since this can significantly improve their quality of life and reduce the risk of long -term complications.

Others, however, think that this is an unnecessary burden and that it is more important that we provide adequate medical treatment and leave us into the hands of health professionals.

What do you think?

Do you think it is necessary to educate and control ourselves? Or do you think it is enough to give us adequate medical treatment?

I hope to read your answers and see if we can reach any consensus or, at least, better understand the different points of view!

fer__1973's profile photo
fer__1973
12/22/2022 1:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Obviously it is a mix.
It is necessary that the patient has all the nutritional, sports and functioning of the body so that the disease can control.It is basic.
And then a semiannual/annual control by the doctor is important.Apart from being given the necessary means (glucometer, strips, sensor for insulin -dependent ...) that today they are not providing what leads to many complications that could be avoided.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/22/2022 3:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It depends on each one.
Mio uncle, DT2, 90 years old and 50 with diabetes, the doctor controls.He takes the pill when it touches him and period.Once a month he goes to the doctor and makes him a capillary and until next month.Like those who take Sintrom.

There will be people who are safer if the doctor does and others who prefer to be independent and not have to be going every two by three to consultation.

In any case, education for all whether or yes, it is necessary to know what happens to us, that it can happen to us and that we must do, it is taken by us or not a health professional.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/22/2022 4:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It also seems to me that information and education are fundamental, without knowledge, it is not possible to carry good control.

In my opinion, self -control is more important than medical monitoring in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.

Although it is true that medical follow -up can be useful and can help identify and treat health problems in time, self -control is essential to achieve proper long -term control.

Patients who are able to control their diabetes through nutrition, exercise and knowledge of body functioning are more likely to avoid complications and have a better quality of life.

Therefore, I think it is essential that patients with type 2 diabetes learn their disease to self -control and that this is the main approach of their treatment.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/22/2022 8:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

According to doctors I am type 2 for insulin resistance, but I have other characteristics that do not fit them, which does not come to the case now.What does have to do is that if they provide us with proper education, they give us the material to control us (yes, I have glucometer and strips, because I buy them, not because they give them ... of a sensor we do not even talk)And they put us a good treatment and not a "with this you are fine, that the hemo comes out below 7.5" because everything would be better ...
I recognize that between the one -week cursite (10 hours ...) and everything I have read here more what I already knew (diabetic mother and grandfather) I know enough, but it is never enough ... because the other day, eatingLegmbre + fat (bacon, ear, leg ... cooked a little light because I had no cooked chorizThat today only the chickpeas that had left over, with nothing more, 145 at two hours and 170 (and climbing, I suppose) at 4 hours ... there are days that arrive fair to dinner and others, with the same food, asI arrive high (without a snack in both cases) ... there are days that having the same lift me 11 or 12 hours later to 180 and others at 90 ... why is a mystery but with a "you have looked for it, slim loss"(What else would I like)" And I don't eat sweet "(what sweets? I just try them, they have never made me very funny ...) they fix everything.
Ah, the last one: I will have to pay (well, pay not because luckA penicillin derivative, it is not something that is necessary to do ... to avoid that ready antibiotic ... what must be heard ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/22/2022 9:10 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Type 2 diabetes
Well, I advocate for a iron medical control (nurse) 1 time per month.They see me 1 time every 3 months and it seems to me as a shame and more to tell me "if you get bad, stop here"
I also advocate for a self -control having received explanations that I must do or should not do.More information is the question (my nurse has told me that I do not need the glucometer or be measuring me all the time, but instead they tell me that if I get bad you know what to do)
It is that every time I go, it seems like everything, you tell them I do not get the food well and answer you, wait for you to get you the cake of how you should make your meals (photocopies of those I already have until the noses), thatThey should already see it in my PC profile (there they must have everything mine registered).Do a real monitoring of each diabetic patient, if you have fattened, throw your anger, if you do not lose weight more than the same, be on one warning you, if you follow this path you will get this, but it is so hard to say things!, it does not have done 5 minutes to do it .....

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
12/22/2022 10:48 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.