{'en': 'The time in range, new key parameter to control diabetes, do you know it?', 'es': 'El tiempo en rango, nuevo parámetro clave para controlar la diabetes ¿lo conoces?'} Image

The time in range, new key parameter to control diabetes, do you know it?

fer's profile photo   12/29/2022 10:51 p.m.

Time in range allows you to know how long the person spends with diabetes in range (IRR), hypoglycemia (TBR) or hyperglycemia (TAR).It is an important variable, alternative to glycosylated hemoglobin for type 1 diabetes control.

Diabetes, whose prevalence in Spain has reached 14.8%, affects 1 in 7 people, being the second highest rate in Europe.It is a disease that, if not properly controlled, can cause very serious associated complications such as cardiovascular diseases, amputations or loss of vision, generating a high level of dependence and need for patient care.

From this situation derives the importance of adhesion to treatment, glucose control but also weight control, blood pressure, etc.These, without a doubt, are the pillars to prevent or mitigate the serious complications of this disease) and decision -making by the patient (for example, of insulin doses adjusted to the intake).

One of the outstanding keys to move towards better diabetes control involves taking as a glycemic control variable time in range, also known as IRR, which allows you to know how long the person spends with diabetes with controlled glucose.

It is a recent variable that arises from the new devices for continuous glucose or 'flash' of glucose, which allow measuring levels of at least 14 days, in a 24 -hour range, with a minimum of 70% of 70% ofdata.

Unlike glycosylated hemoglobin, time in rank makes it possible to know 24/7 how long it is within the glycemic control.

It also highlights that at present, smart insulin feathers (smartpens) are erected as a great ally of people with diabetes, very useful to guarantee good therapeutic adhesion, by allowing appropriate adjustments and monitoring of insulin dosesmanaged.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/29/2022 10:51 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I like the PGS " Personal status of glymia ", which prorates the standard glucose deviation, time in rank and its frequency, hypoglycemia and variability.
I told my endocrine, that I did not know him and it seemed very powerful.

The variability already measured it with the AGP that gives freeview that is also important, more than the time in range (IRR), the peaks, at least there are, even in high values, the less suffers the body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/30/2022 9:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I like the pgs " personal status of blood glucoseand its frequency, hypoglycemia and variability.

The variability already measured it with the AGP that gives freeview that is also important, more than the time in range (IRR), the peaks, at least there are, even in high values, the less suffers the body.

@Ruthbia The variability of Libreview, does it have anything to do with Diabox's STD Deviation?Is it the same?
What percentages are, say, correct?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/30/2022 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is a consensus on the IRR that was established that it is ideal to keep time in the range above 70%, be below the objective range (& lt; 70 mg/dl) less than 5% and above range (& GT;180 mg/dl) less than 25%.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/30/2022 1:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Sandman The variability must be below 1.5.In Diabox it is qualified by the Anglo-Saxon A, A-, B, B-, C, C -....
In Libreview it is correct below 36% I think I remember.

The standard deviation is a statistical data, the Gauss bell.It measures data dispersion.
A low standard deviation indicates that most of the data of a sample tend to be grouped near its average (also called the expected value), while a high standard deviation indicates that the data extends on a range of wider values

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/30/2022 6:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I like the pgs " personal status of blood glucoseand its frequency, hypoglycemia and variability.

What is AGP ??How do you look ??Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/01/2023 7:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.