{'en': 'How to be a rock star with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Como es ser una estrella del Rock con diabetes?'} Image

How to be a rock star with diabetes?

fer's profile photo   01/02/2023 12:37 p.m.

People suffering from type 1 diabetes will know.The disease, despite technological advances, forces to carry strict control of blood glucose level.Something that during a concert can be quite complicated.The Great Bret Michaels has recently spoken about this.And, the mythical Poison singer is diabetic type 1 since the age of six.

Therefore, what better than Bret to explain how to face a concert for all those musicians suffering from the disease.The musician has explained it very easily in an interview with 95.9 The River's Nick Jakusz:

“I am type 1 diabetic since I am six years old ... the best lesson I received from my parents ... a couple of things that my father and mother said.They were, like ... 'look, these are the letters that touched you.You don't have to love them, but you have to accept them.Or you are going to be a victim or you will be victorious;There is no middle ground.You are going to choose what you can do ... and we will find a way you play football, to play baseball, that mountains in Cross Moto, that you play music, what travels ... '.And that mentality is the one that helped me in the 80s and 90s and now in music, ”the artist began detailing.

“In Poison we were touring all the time, and alone, it is a non -stop.What I have learned to do is ... this is the truth ... when they see me take a break and someone is doing a little only ... you have a minute and I go out.When C.C.Deville starts a single guitar.Actually, it is an opportunity for me to run and check my blood sugar level, ”Michaels revealed.

“And now with technology, the constant glucose monitor is in my arm, it is injected into my arm.May I try it on.I adjust my insulin intake.I wear about five insulin injections a day, I adjust and find my rhythm, ”confessed the artist.

"I know that it seems crazy, but each diabetic has to find their own rhythm that maintains those controlled levels, because, if not, it can be devastating," he ended up saying.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/02/2023 12:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

And he is already 60 years old.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2023 2:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Carlos Sobera told something similar.
In the end you have to adjust diabetes to our life.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2023 8:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Nick, that of the Jonas Brothers, also had to adjust the diabetes to his tour and his tour of diabetes ... especially because he debuted being already mega-famosses and just when they were more filing him with the group.And with 13, which is a very bad time of rebel adolescence.Now it is a fantastic example for a lot of young people in the world, because they talk about it in their social networks and participate in awareness campaigns.

If in the end, you have what you have, you have to continue doing things, we will not stop by having a chronic disease.

I had only asthma and allergies.Well, seeing Induráin, who also has asthma, winning 5 tours made me see that it made no sense that I did not play sports for having that disease.I have done everything: swimming, tennis, basketball, athletics, rhythmic gymnastics, etc.The thought was: "Ventolín and the mess!"Now I add "control the glucose" and come, to the mess too !!

Tam's profile photo
Tam
01/02/2023 9:27 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

ruthbia said:
Carlos Sobera told something similar.
In the end you have to adjust diabetes to our life.

Carlos Sobera has type 2. It is very different.You don't have to prick 5 times a day like this.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/03/2023 4:15 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is rare that does not carry a bomb ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2023 8:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I refuse to live with the fear I had when I debuted, life is not over here, I have known throughout this year people who carry with diabetes more than 40 years (when there were no sensors, or feathers, nor all theadvances that we have today, that have had figures of more than 300, which have only done a couple of daily controls) and have no complication today.Yes, it is true that this changes our lives and that fears exist, that our day to day revolves around it, but if we put all our efforts and there are days or seasons that we do not get so well, because nothing happens ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/04/2023 11:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.