{'en': 'Sensors replacement and problem with the nurse', 'es': 'Sustitución de sensores y problema con la enfermera'} Image

Sensors replacement and problem with the nurse

pilarpaguilar's profile photo   12/19/2022 11:33 p.m.

Good night!

After what took to provide the sensor to my son, we find another problem.

The defective devices do not change them in the ambulatory .... it has to be punctured again until the replacement touches.

And the nurse threatens that they can stop providing them because she has returned three ... that no one has returned them and that she does not know how to use them ...

These three that have come out defective .. one did not read anything ... another stopped working a week.

Let's see if you give us a hand and tell us what we can do.

We live in the Community of Madrid.

Thank you so much!

pilarpaguilar's profile photo
pilarpaguilar
12/19/2022 11:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
I live in La Rioja and the returns do them through Abbot, nurses only see them every 3 months when I have to collect new sensors

I have returned a few because I had a lot that came out fatal, almost all defective and I have never had any problems for it
I don't know how it works in Madrid but if you can do it yourself through the ABBOT page and take off of bitter nurses

I thank you to live in La Rioja because I have wonderful nurses that provide me with everything I need and a spectacular, young and updated endocrine

I hope someone from Madrid can clarify more doubts

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
12/19/2022 11:56 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

pillarpaguilar said:
good night
After what took to provide the AI ​​son sensor, we find another problem
The defective devices do not change them in the ambulatory .... it has to be punctured again until the replacement is touched.And the nurse threatens co.That they can stop proposing them because he has returned three ... that nobody in ambulatory has returned them and who does not know how to use them ...
These three that have come out defective .. one read nothing ... another stopped working a week.

We live in the Community of Madrid
Thank you very much

Talk to Endocrine or with the hospital diabetes nurse.The ambulatory must stick to what the hospital says.In my opinion that ambulatory is doing wrong.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/21/2022 3:34 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

In C. Madrid it doesn't work that way.I carry the defective labels and return sensors in the next replacement but if I don't have any, they give me 2 because they give 6 per patient and they stay 2 in case they fail.
I returned 5 at once, they failed one after another.I had plenty but since there were so many nurse I wanted to give me my 2nd 2nd.

It is the Endocrine team that discharges you/high of the sensors, not the pacotilla nurse on duty.

Open a complaint in patient care.It works quite well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2022 8:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I would do the same as Ruthbia, put a complaint and talk to the endocrine.It is totally normal that several in a row, in fact it happened to me this summer.The good thing is that the hospital prescribed them to me and Abbot sends them directly to me;If I just fill my form or call them by phone ...
If they do not change them in the outpatient I would contact them directly, if I remember correcting when I fill the form, he asks me if "I bought it" through social security, particular, ..... Then they send you confirmation mail of confirmation ofreturn.I have also seen that if you get a fan of Abbot's page on Facebook, you get sensors ads, I have read that there are people who complain around and tell them to write them privately to solve their case .....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2022 12:21 p.m.

I also think it is a problem of the nurse of your health center, sometimes they seem to put them out of your pocket.Mine, also in Madrid, stays with the defective ones and in the next time I replace them.But I remember another one that I had long since racane the strips, until my endocrine wrote in the report the number I needed and never told me anything.That said, sometimes you find some that seem to be discounted from your payroll.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
12/22/2022 10:13 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

pillarpaguilar said:
good night!

The defective devices do not change them in the ambulatory .... it has to be punctured again until the replacement touches.

And the nurse threatens that they can stop providing them because she has returned three ... that no one has returned them and that she does not know how to use them ...

These three that have come out defective .. one did not read anything ... another stopped working a week.

Thank you so much!

Let us not keep the first change.In the health center they do not manage this in principle, if they are supplied every 3 months.But in reality it is the Hospital Sales Department who should manage it and send them regularly from Abott's warehouses (at least with me it is so for 3 years)

As for the replacement of the sensor because it fails, which fails many times, put yourself in contact with the customer of Abbott Diabetes Care (910 478 901/900 300 119 both free) and they manage them themselves.All sensors have warranty during the 14 days of use, if they fail them and do not take long to arrive the reposition sensor.It is logical and normal for the sensors to fail, we cannot ignore that they are electronic devices and therefore, susceptible to spoiling.But for that is the guarantee.

As for all uncertainty, doubt or fears about facing diabetes, losing fear helps us to start taking care and taking the reins of our health.Let's think positive, the fact of suffering diabetes is an excuse and obligation to take care of every day.I always say that diabetes, to me personally, has helped me to make a better version of myself, today I am in a better physical way and I have better analytics than ever.There is no evil that for good does not come.

And if possible and you allow it, I take the freedom to give you a council that is luxurious.Do not comed as much carbohydrates as you have surely told you in the diabetological education sessions (normally in the beginning we put 4 portions for breakfast and 5 in food and another 5 at dinner) and above all, do intense and/or strength physical exercise (The physical exercise of intensity and strength, far from what it seems, will maintain glycemia at bay.This council is nothing more than the tip of the iceberg regarding the control of diabetes, but that no one despairs, with patience and constancy everything is achieved and learned.

I encourage and give hard to diabetes.Welcome to the world of sugar to the new diagnosed.

Albertocm's profile photo
Albertocm
12/23/2022 7:29 a.m.

If just that ........ I have been lengthening kangls for the pump for months (every 3 days I should change perolas I maintain at least 6) because they have not spare to me in time for months now.And they arrive to cover a few days.Neither sensors nor cannulas.They tell me that they make orders but they are late (and the sensors work badly. Or they do not read or at all the shit).That returns to the insulin bolis in the meantime.Ok?But without reactive strips ??? 'Because as I have writing that I have to wear sensors they stopped giving me strips, even for these anomalous circumstances.And you explain and get angry and give you a few strips with the face that they are doing a very big favor that they should not.
Complaint to the top.How bad they will sit down from the endocrine down.
I don't want excuses, I want solutions, what is at stake is my health.Do not hesitate.Complaint at the top of social insurance.
I haven't resolved much still.That 3 sensors and 3 cannula games arrive.Of the sensors 2 they have not worked and with those canulas I will endure 9 days, which are passing without more spare parts.Ah, and you throw away with ball ......... not one.We will see what happens if this week does not arrive.Let's see how I approve of them.By Empongo.Feeling my body, estimating the eye begging not to make mistakes.in the end.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/25/2022 10:54 a.m.

albertocm said:
pillarpaguilar said:
good night!

Thank you so much!

Let us not keep the first change.In the health center they do not manage this in principle, if they are supplied every 3 months.But in reality it is the Hospital Sales Department who should manage it and send them regularly from Abott's warehouses (at least with me it is so for 3 years)

As for the replacement of the sensor because it fails, which fails many times, put yourself in contact with the customer of Abbott Diabetes Care (910 478 901/900 300 119 both free) and they manage them themselves.All sensors have warranty during the 14 days of use, if they fail them and do not take long to arrive the reposition sensor.It is logical and normal for the sensors to fail, we cannot ignore that they are electronic devices and therefore, susceptible to spoiling.But for that is the guarantee.

" I have been late for more than 20 days. And sometimes they don't replenish them, because it is your fault" that fails. Even if they are electronic devices, the first ones do not fail even one.They have gone worse, with more reading failure of the capillaries.soil .. not only have expense reduchored removing the wipes that came, but have had to do it in the glue and in the componentsRoconchones.Dian with Ams precision ... now worse and they take time to replace

As for all uncertainty, doubt or fears about facing diabetes, losing fear helps us to start taking care and taking the reins of our health.Let's think positive, the fact of suffering diabetes is an excuse and obligation to take care of every day.I always say that diabetes, to me personally, has helped me to make a better version of myself, today I am in a better physical way and I have better analytics than ever.There is no evil that for good does not come.

And if possible and you allow it, I take the freedom to give you a council that is luxurious.Do not comed as much carbohydrates as you have surely told you in the diabetological education sessions (normally in the beginning we put 4 portions for breakfast and 5 in food and another 5 at dinner) and above all, do intense and/or strength physical exercise (The physical exercise of intensity and strength, far from what it seems, will maintain glycemia at bay.This council is nothing more than the tip of the iceberg regarding the control of diabetes, but that no one despairs, with patience and constancy everything is achieved and learned.

Encourage and give itHard diabetes.Welcome to the world of sugar to the new diagnosed.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/25/2022 11:01 a.m.

That was going to say in Barcelona you have to call Abbott and say the serial number of the box and send you a new one in a few days

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/25/2022 3:19 p.m.

It is sad but sometimes you give people who do not put things easy: racaneo of material, have to go several times until you get what you need ....

In my experience, to deal with the health center, it is best to ask for writing to the endocrine and put claims in patient care.This is how they pay attention to you.

If you are lucky to have a good nurse, great, but I have been with substitute nurses for the last three years, a different one every time I go and has been chaos.It seems that finally the titular nurse has joined, so to see if things improve.

I am from Madrid.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
12/25/2022 3:23 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

pillarpaguilar said:
good night!

Thank you so much!

Hi Pilar.It is as easy as calling the Customer Service number of Abott 900 300 119, you expose the problem, give the serial number of the defective sensor, and send you a new home with a bag and on preferred so that deposits the defective in amailbox.

Ikel's profile photo
Ikel
12/26/2022 10:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.