Pilates

paz's profile photo   12/20/2022 12:14 p.m.

Good morning, I have a doubt, I'm going to sign up for pilates classes and I don't know if during class the sugar goes up for physical or low effort.Can you help me?

paz's profile photo
paz
12/20/2022 12:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pilates is not a very intense discipline, usually if you are in rank, and unless you will make more intense (there are a more intense implements), it does not have to vary glycemia.In very intense sports you can climb if you do not have much active insulin, in aerobic sports it usually goes down, but each one is difference.Try and see the effect, and according to that, you act.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/20/2022 12:20 p.m.

Thank you very much for your help.

paz's profile photo
paz
12/20/2022 12:22 p.m.

Hi, @Paz

I have been a pilatera for years.I tell you my experience: I do Pilates machines and I am at an intermediate-high level.It is an exercise of strength and very intense, and it is rare the day that something does not tremble during the session.I can't go just glucose or active insulin, but I can't go high because it tends to climb.I give you an example: I go to 130 mg/dl and I usually finish in 180-190 mg/dl that I then have to correct with a unit, no more.The day I have been around 100 and that class has turned out to be softer, a sensor alarm at half an hour asking for glucose shouting.It has cost me enough to find the fair measure of blood glucose.

If you are a beginner and you are at an chord level, you may start with soft, apparently simple exercises, and there may be a little glucose.It will also depend on the time that the monitor gives you between exercises.As soon as you continue with leg movements and exercises that require a lot of abdominal strength, possibly it rises.It will also depend on your physical preparation, although generally the first class leaves you more crushed than you think.It is a sport that has seen from the outside it seems that it is not much, but I assure you that they are brought.:-)

My advice is that to correct with insulin there is always time.If you get off from the beginning, then you have already annoyed it.Let's see how you are given.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/20/2022 12:48 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Hi @Paz!
I have started going to those of my gym, which are quite light, and it always lowers me, in case it helps you.See the first day prepared for everything.I talk to the monitors if necessary, they understand it perfectly.

All the best!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/20/2022 7:39 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

palomilla said:
hello, @paz

I have been a pilatera for years.I tell you my experience: I do Pilates machines and I am at an intermediate-high level.It is an exercise of strength and very intense, and it is rare the day that something does not tremble during the session.I can't go just glucose or active insulin, but I can't go high because it tends to climb.I give you an example: I go to 130 mg/dl and I usually finish in 180-190 mg/dl that I then have to correct with a unit, no more.The day I have been around 100 and that class has turned out to be softer, a sensor alarm at half an hour asking for glucose shouting.It has cost me enough to find the fair measure of blood glucose.

If you are a beginner and you are at an chord level, you may start with soft, apparently simple exercises, and there may be a little glucose.It will also depend on the time that the monitor gives you between exercises.As soon as you continue with leg movements and exercises that require a lot of abdominal strength, possibly it rises.It will also depend on your physical preparation, although generally the first class leaves you more crushed than you think.It is a sport that has seen from the outside it seems that it is not much, but I assure you that they are brought.:-)

My advice is that to correct with insulin there is always time.If you get off from the beginning, then you have already annoyed it.Let's see how you are given.

meginer said:
pilates is not a very intense discipline, normally if you are in range, and unless you will make more intense (there are a pilates more intense implements), it does not have to varyMuch blood glucose.In very intense sports you can climb if you do not have much active insulin, in aerobic sports it usually goes down, but each one is difference.Try and see the effect, and according to that, you act.

Thank you so much!

paz's profile photo
paz
12/20/2022 8:23 p.m.

And what do you usually trace when it is quickly down?

paz's profile photo
paz
12/20/2022 8:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.