{'en': 'Metformin, do you know the benefits of its use?', 'es': 'Metformina, ¿conoces los beneficios de su uso?'} Image

Metformin, do you know the benefits of its use?

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo   12/11/2022 11:03 p.m.

Good night.

Today I saw this publication, about this medicine, is anyone using it?

Link

Greetings,

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo
Gijonessugar1984
12/11/2022 11:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Gijonessugar1984, because I have heard cases of using metformin in type1 when there is also insulin resistance or obesity.
But with two treatments it may be more complicated, I don't know ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2022 10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To me the endocrine still maintain me, despite using insulin, ristfor (metformin more sigliptin) a pill in the morning and another at night ..... In my case I am thin (170 and 65 kg)

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/15/2022 9:24 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I also use fast and slow and metformin and I think it helps a lot.When I have forgotten at breakfast I have given 200s despite the rapid, when I usually do not pass 140.
I have proven that it makes less insulin need because it increases sensitivity and liver releases less glucose.
I am type 2 but without resistance (I am thin) and without pancreatic reserve, that is, as a type1 but without antibodies.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/15/2022 9:45 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have had type 1 diabetics, which the endocrine has guided metformin to reduce insulin resistance, even if they are thin and type 1. With the years of evolution it is resistance to be presented even if you are type 1. I do not use itBut I have pending consulting my endocrine.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/15/2022 1:10 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
I also use fast and slow and metformin and I think it helps a lot.When I have forgotten at breakfast I have given 200s despite the rapid, when I usually do not pass 140.
I have proven that it makes less insulin need because it increases sensitivity and liver releases less glucose.
I am type 2 but without resistance (I am thin) and without pancreatic reserve, that is, as a type1 but without antibodies.

Indeed, when I forget to take it, the same thing happened to me

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/15/2022 4:26 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wave said:
Isabelbota said:

Indeed, when I forget to take it, the same thing happened to me

Well great that you tell me.I didn't know anyone with fast, slow and metformin.I already feel accompanied 😂😂

isabelbota
12/15/2022 6:42 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I took it for 3 days, during the debut and I did a lot of damage to the stomach, I could not with her.Luckily they took it away

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/15/2022 9:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It happened to me like @ruthbia, they sent it to me when I debuted until I confirmed that it was type 1, and I sat fatally to the stomach.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
12/15/2022 10:18 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I do not know the conditions that the patient should meet to prescribe it.I am 28 years old and 7 with type 1 diabetes and I have never mentioned this treatment.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
12/16/2022 10:56 a.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

prother said:
I do not know the conditions that the patient should meet to prescribe it.I am 28 years old and 7 with type 1 diabetes and I have never mentioned this treatment.

It is normally used for type 2, because they usually have pancreatic functioning but resistance and metformin decreases it.
To me, being type 2, it is the first thing they prescribed me.Then seeing that I have no pancreatic functioning also insulin.And what I have proven is that metformin helps need much less insulin.

isabelbota
12/16/2022 3:01 p.m.

I am Type 2 and I take opponent, to see if I get me metformin and at least prove that it is doing.

Pagliflozine works very well, you take the pill and "magically" glucose begins to pass to the urine.If you drink enough water/during meals because in the next 2 hours you pass a couple of times through the bathroom and when you puncture everything in order or almost.I speak of memory but I think I remember that I read a study that said that the highest recommended dose of this medicine could eliminate up to 70 gr per liter.

But man ... between taking metformin and anything else because I prefer metformin that is what is most studied the truth.There is also no need to go with heavy artillery if Metformin one can control well.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/07/2023 12:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.