Doubts about some foods if you have prediabetes

joaquillo's profile photo   01/04/2023 5:11 p.m.

Good, as I said in another post I have given 114 and 108 on an empty stomach, and glycosilada at 7.2, it can be prediabetes according to my doctor, and I am changing diet and exercise, but I still continue with some doubts about food and I would like to clarify me then I clarify then I clarify then I will clarify me then then clarify me thenHere there are people who know more than me of that and their experience measuring how sugar responds according to food, my goal is to lower sugar everything I can and reverse prediabetes so as not to end DT2, I have the following specific doubts:

I take a peanut cream from Mercadona, completely natural because the only ingredient is ground pean6.8, hydrates 7 of which sugars 3.6, fiber 9.9, proteins 30, salt 0.02, is there a problem with this food?

Regarding fruits, I have read banana, pineapple, watermelon, melon, cherry and mango, are they so bad for sugar?

Regarding the vegetables I would like to know if it is bad to drink smoothies, that is, vegetables passed by blender (it is not liquefied or juice, is it crushing) would lose fiber in this process?In liquefied and of course, but also crushed or is there little what you lose?
Sometimes I become gazpacho, with tomatoes, garlic, cucumber, green pepper and extra virgin olive oil, the gazpacho loses fiber the vegetable?Is it bad to take it?

Legumes like all in addition to vegetables, but I have read that peas is worse than chickpea or beans, is it true?

Canned fish is not good to take it?

I have read the meat alone and grilled, and if perhaps chop grilled pig, and sausages only serrano Iberian ham, is it so?

Yogurt only I take natural Greek natural, one a day is it bad?

Regarding alcohol, a glass of red or fine red wine with food can?
The summer red with sugarless soda is harmful?

Another doubt is coffee with milk and saccharin, some say that avoiding it and others that nothing happens a coffee a day, and getting out of coffee for me will be very hard.

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/04/2023 5:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@joaquillo There are carbohydrates tables where how many hydrates do each food and its glycemic index (blood absorption speed) indicate (blood absorption speed)

The less hydrates and the lower the index, the better for your pancreas.
The more diluted (smoothie, juice, puree) the faster it passes to blood.
The more fiber, the slower the absorption is (so there is talk of slow and fast absorption hydrates)

Here they explain very well.
Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/04/2023 6:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Joaquillo There are carbohydrates tables where they indicate how many hydrates each food and its glycemic index (blood absorption speed) have (blood absorption speed)

The more fiber, the slower the absorption is (so there is talk of slow and fast absorption hydrates)

Link

Yes, true, but I still have doubts about these specific foods and I don't want to make failures

joaquillo
01/04/2023 6:48 p.m.

This rations is a mess and I don't clarify well.

joaquillo
01/04/2023 6:49 p.m.

The rations is not for those who use insulin?

joaquillo
01/04/2023 6:49 p.m.

@joaquillo, relax a bit.So you can't live.
With you go down excess hydrates and do a little exercise, it has to be enough.
And the medical review will say what is the following.
It is good to be calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/04/2023 7:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Try to take a glucometer and you see what raises you more or less because there are things that vary according to the person.I take all kinds of meats, fish, canned fish, vegetables, Greek yogurt, peanut cream.I limit the legumes, I take a small dish and, to be able to be, accompanied by salad and then I am going to walk, I do not take rice, among other things because I do not like it.The pasta very little and accompanied by a lot of vegetables and potatoes the same, small quantity.

Smothies do not take them because I don't like them but if they carry fruits, sugar will rise more, more easily to digest more.I do the gazpacho without bread and something goes up, so I intuit that it may be that the smothies too.

Of drink, red with white homemade or white wine, glycemia does not rise.Embutidos I take everything that I feel like it but many times limit meats and sausages for cholesterol.Eggs those that I feel like the week, I don't look at quantity.Milk coffee say it goes up, each one works differently, some say that it is caffeine, another thing is also lactose, I take and if I notice that it gives me a mini climb, but not one thing to stop taking it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/04/2023 11:15 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

regina said:
@joaquillo, relax a little.So you can't live.
With you go down excess hydrates and do a little exercise, it has to be enough.
And the medical review will say what is the following.
It's good to be calm.

In that you are right, it is good to be calm, thanks

joaquillo
01/05/2023 3:18 a.m.

nila said:
Try to take a glucometer and you will see what raises you more or less because there are things that vary according to the person.I take all kinds of meats, fish, canned fish, vegetables, Greek yogurt, peanut cream.I limit the legumes, I take a small dish and, to be able to be, accompanied by salad and then I am going to walk, I do not take rice, among other things because I do not like it.The pasta very little and accompanied by a lot of vegetables and potatoes the same, small quantity.

Smothies do not take them because I don't like them but if they carry fruits, sugar will rise more, more easily to digest more.I do the gazpacho without bread and something goes up, so I intuit that it may be that the smothies too.

Of drink, red with white homemade or white wine, glycemia does not rise.Embutidos I take everything that I feel like it but many times limit meats and sausages for cholesterol.Eggs those that I feel like the week, I don't look at quantity.Milk coffee say it goes up, each one works differently, some say that it is caffeine, another thing is also lactose, I take and if I notice that it gives me a mini climb, but not one thing to stop taking it

Thanks for the information

joaquillo
01/05/2023 3:18 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@Joaquillo There are carbohydrates tables where they indicate how many hydrates each food and its glycemic index (blood absorption speed) have (blood absorption speed)

Link

I have looked at the tables, it is useful, thank you very much

joaquillo
01/05/2023 3:19 a.m.

@joaquillo is designed for diabetics because we eat for portions, use or not insulin.
A Keto diet indicates that you do not eat more than 30 grams of hydrates per day, that is, 3 rations maximum.A low hydrates diet is around 60 grams or 6 years pro day.

Hydrates are only calculated according to medicine professionals, but the truth is that the body uses insulin for everything, including fats and proteins, but at different times.
Fats and proteins later metabolize, so their excess food, in case of diabetics, is shown in glycemic graphs at approximately 4 hours.
A DT2 body does not notice so much because its pancreas usually generates sufficient insulin for them with controlled diet and/or the use of pill, metformin or others (it can also be burned with exercise).
For fats and proteins, the equivalent of "rations" are the protein fat unit, which sincerely is a roll to calculate it and over time it is done by eye.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 8:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Joaquillo is designed for diabetics because we eat for portions, use or not insulin.
A Keto diet indicates that you do not eat more than 30 grams of hydrates per day, that is, 3 rations maximum.A low hydrates diet is around 60 grams or 6 years pro day.

Hydrates are only calculated according to medicine professionals, but the truth is that the body uses insulin for everything, including fats and proteins, but at different times.
Fats and proteins later metabolize, so their excess food, in case of diabetics, is shown in glycemic graphs at approximately 4 hours.
A DT2 body does not notice so much because its pancreas usually generates sufficient insulin for them with controlled diet and/or the use of pill, metformin or others (it can also be burned with exercise).
For fats and proteins, the equivalent of "rations" are the protein fat unit, which sincerely is a roll to calculate it and over time it is done by eye.

>

Thank you very much for this important information, you have explained it very well.
How official I have a deprived company of medical assistance, I asked if they facilitate glucometer and strips, they told me that if, free of charge, but with a medical prescription, the doctor as I said did not diagnose me diabetes, but rather prediabetes if he told me, andHe sent diet and exercise, after giving 114 and 108 in the last ones on an empty stomach, and 7.2 glycosilada, but I will talk to him arguing that if it is prediabetes I want to control myself by measuring myself with the glucometer, I hope I prescribe it.

About measurements could you clarify when I should do them?One a day on an empty stomach?Every day?After meals tbien?How do I get average of the day?

joaquillo
01/05/2023 4 p.m.

The measures are before starting to eat (pre -praial) and 2 hours later (post prandial).Objective to be between 80-150 for DT1.

The glycometers and hair strips are sold in pharmacy and on the Internet.I advise you in Abbott Freestyle sensor, measures continuously and have a starting pack.

The sensor carries its own app, LibreLink that gets off the anfroid or iOS store, but many use other compatible such as Diabox that is downloaded from web.

Without accurate diagnosis of diabetes, no doctor will prescribe it and for DT2 they do not give glucometers or sensors, they only give us DT1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 7:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
the measurements are before starting to eat (pre prandial) and 2 hours later (post prandial).Objective to be between 80-150 for DT1.

The glycometers and hair strips are sold in pharmacy and on the Internet.I advise you in Abbott Freestyle sensor, measures continuously and have a starting pack.

The sensor carries its own app, LibreLink that gets off the anfroid or iOS store, but many use other compatible such as Diabox that is downloaded from web.

Without accurate diabetes diagnosis, no doctor will prescribe it and for DT2 they do not give glucometers or sensors, they only give us DT1.

Thank you very much for information

joaquillo
01/05/2023 8:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.