{'en': 'Can you imagine an insulin that acts according to your glucose level?', 'es': '¿Te imaginas una insulina que actúa según tu nivel de glucosa?'} Image

Can you imagine an insulin that acts according to your glucose level?

fer's profile photo   12/23/2022 5:19 p.m.

Ideal insulin therapy would be to use glucose -sensitive insulins, which act when there is hyperglycemia and stop when normoglycemia is reached, which would help maintain glycemia in range for a longer time.

Just imagining it ... I am marveling, it would be a very good solution for the biggest problems we face, less need to control the glucose level, less high or low glucose situations, Buuuuf ... I volunteered for the tests!

There are currently hybrid systems that, using a control algorithm and a continuous glucose measurement system, automatically adjust insulin administration with a continuous subcutaneous insulin pump.Although these systems have shown 70% of the glycemia time in rank in clinical trials and real life, they have several limitations such as delays in insulin absorption and action, limited duration of infusion sets, possible hardware failures/software and high costs.

Since 1979, many glucose -sensitive insulin concepts have been developed, but so far only a few have been tested in animals and only 2 have been studied in people.

These glucose -sensitive insulins can be polymers, nanoparticles, protein complexes and modified living cells.

Although some of these concepts have proven to be effective in animal models, there are still many barriers for their clinical development and use in humans.

More information at: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/23/2022 5:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The other week it seemed that I had cured me: P and it is spending a few super tall, it seems that insulin is water, so I imagine what it would be like to have an insulin to think about me and let my mind rest.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/23/2022 5:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

anaisabel said:
The other week it seemed that I had cured me: P and I am spending a few super high morning it seems that insulin is water, so if I imagine how it would be like to have an insulin that I thoughtfor me and will let my mind rest.

@Anaisabel I am the same.It had been with almost perfect controls for a couple of weeks, with a glyc of 5.7% (according to Diabox) and time in rank of 99%

Well, since I got up yesterday morning, or I am in 200 or lowers me to 60 (happy rebound effect).
I can't be more than a couple of hours in rank.
It is desperate: s

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/23/2022 6:12 p.m.

The news is pure smoke

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/23/2022 9:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 The important thing is that this route continues to be investigated too., Because sometimes unforeseen solutions are found and can arrive before what we think.
What is clear is that treatments will be better and better for control and complications.
I also think that they could find a medication so that glucose does not adhere excessively to the cells, thus it would be the same to have high peaks or values ​​because there would be no complications..
Everything has to be easier in a few years.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/24/2022 3:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I see this very hopeful technique very little invasive and very possible taking into account nanotechnology and artificial intelligence, we would be ideal

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/24/2022 9:35 a.m.

You do not know the money that this disease currently gives and almost all the patients subsidized by the State the fungible material of bombs, needles, reactive strips, sensors, how are the large pharmaceutical groups to leave that disappears?Because 4 researchers have invented intelligent insulin?They will give them some millions and for the freezer the investigation together with the insulins Pa inside and palante, so the world works

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/25/2022 9:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.