{'en': 'Sensors and sensitive skin', 'es': 'Sensores y piel sensible'} Image

Sensors and sensitive skin

cgs's profile photo   01/01/2023 5:42 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I've been undecided for a long time about whether or not freestyle sensors and I never just decided.

I think it would be good to learn more about how my body reacts to what as (usually everything is grilled, roasted, or in any case, legumes, one day pasta but not frequently) and knowing what goes up more, when... And partly be calmer while I am in the insti teaching, since in the end I never know how I do not capillary.

I know they are not precise, but the trend arrows are already knowing where I give birth (logically it is not the same, I suppose, from 85 than 125 and with a downward arrow ...).

My problem is that my skin is very damn and reacts to many things.I can barely use creams, including those of pharmacy (allergic reactions, even the life of a lifetime gives me allergy), the tape of any kind and my skin are enemies (when they took a mole from my back I no longer knew what to wear... In two days I was beginning to peel where the adhesive of the dressing was and chopped a lot), and so with everything, with what my fear is that the glue used for the sensor allergies, and when it is two whole weeks put onIn the same area then ...

The question I ask is:

Does anyone who has very sensitive or atopic skin use a sensor and can you tell me your experience?

I would love to be able to at least try them and try to improve the control of my diabetes ... since it seems that health here does not care about what happened to me (3 years without an appointment with endocrine and 2 without an appointment with internist, and to thisI think I or the other ...)

Thank you all for attending to me and for teaching me so much
Greetings and happy year to all!

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/01/2023 5:42 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

The sensor irritates a lot.Having 14 days in a row with an adhesive and without ventilating makes that area of ​​skin suffer.
I don't think it serves the experience of others for this;You will have no choice but to try it yourself and value if you can endure it.
In any case, I tell you my experience.My skin is sensitive but neither is it as hyper-reactive as yours.When I take the sensor clearly the "hole" that leaves the filament is clear.The glue does not detach themselves at all, leaving a film to Pegotes that takes several days to disappear (I do not rub or scratch or put exfoliating, because it seems worse).Capillary marks are also left due to the suction you exercise when starting it.
It seems annoying but not insufferable.I value the use of the system much more to control my diabetes than the inconvenience of the aggression to the skin.During the 14 days, I do not notice itching or discomfort beyond some timely moment, especially in the early hours after its application.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/01/2023 11:15 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@CGS, you will have to try it to know how you are doing..At least prove with one.
If you put insulin, you will not have to buy them, but I do not understand how you are without an endocrine in three years, they should serve you better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2023 7:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@cgs, you will have to try it to know how you are doing..At least prove with one.
If you put insulin, you will not have to buy them, but I do not understand how you are without an endocrine in three years, they should serve you better.

Regina, do not say not to have to buy them if you put insulin because unfortunately it is not so.At the moment the type 2 do have to buy them.
Anyway, she puts treatment of treatment and is not insulin.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/02/2023 9:31 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@CGS I read that since 2023 they also gave it to the DT2.Maybe you are interested in waiting.
It does not give me allergy and I have an atopic skin;I react to the most unlikely, the last one was last week with the lace of an old woman that I have put a lot, because nothing, now itchs and gets erupted.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2023 8:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

regina said:
@cgs, you will have to try it to know how you are doing..At least prove with one.

I do not put insulin, and the endocrine said that when I got weight, then I would see me again ... and did not test or anything to see why I had increased weight (SOP, corticosteroids to seasons due to respiratory or skin problems ...Ah and stop eating sweets and junk food ... without asking me what.In the end

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/02/2023 9:17 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)

ruthbia said:
@cgs I read that since this 2023 they also gave it to the DT2.Maybe you are interested in waiting.
It does not give me allergy and I have an atopic skin;I react to the most unlikely, the last one was last week with the lace of an old man that I have put a lot, because nothing, now itchs and gets erupted.

In Cyl at the moment nothing and less if you do not get insulin ... what is better to prevent than cure here not much, no ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/02/2023 9:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.