Peripheral neuropathy

fosforero's profile photo   01/08/2023 2:18 p.m.

Hello, I am a diabetic for 8 years and I had it quite well with a metformin pill per day.But 2 years and a half ago my problems with neuropathy began, first tingling at the tips of the feet and then numbness in feet and later calves, loss of balance and strength in the legs.I have a fallen left foot and it has also affected me to the left eye where strabismus has appeared.What moving me is that I have never had the very uncontrolled glucose, my tips in all these years have been 130 of fasting glucose and 7.2 of glycosylated hemoglobin, very specific facts.So much so that my endocrine doubts that the origin is diabetic but the neurologist has done all kinds of tests and has not found another possible cause.Any of you are in a similar situation and that can give me some light?
Thank you so much

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
01/08/2023 2:18 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I have been diabetic for 4 years.with glycosylated below 7.2.The last 6, as TB has detected a peripheral neuropathy in the lower limbs with symptoms similar to yours.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/08/2023 3:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Since they detected it with lead feet, before not so much, and my glycosiladas have been under 6 years, the last one of 5.5 less than a month ago

fosforero
01/08/2023 3:45 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

What surprises me is to have such serious consequences having practically always controlled diabetes, in my family there are several diabetics but none with this problem

fosforero
01/08/2023 3:49 p.m.

The answer that the neurologist gave me was that "the one who gives him" and stays so fresh

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/08/2023 4:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diabetic said:
the answer that the neurologist gave me was that "to which he gives" and stays so fresh

Well, I'm afraid he's right

fosforero
01/08/2023 4:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.