{'en': 'Do you think you know how to use insulin?Check out this video, I was surprised.', 'es': '¿Crees que sabes cómo usar la insulina? Echa un vistazo a este video, a mí me ha sorprendido.'} Image

Do you think you know how to use insulin?Check out this video, I was surprised.

fer's profile photo   01/12/2023 11:41 a.m.

When I thought that (almost) I knew everything about diabetes, the Endocrine Nursing team of La Fe Hospital appears, and publishes videos to support therapeutic education in diabetes.

I loved this about the "insulin injection technique for patients with diabetes", which I have to say, that there were things that I did not know and that I have learned to see it.

Link

I leave you here and I recommend it.:)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/12/2023 11:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very interesting.
To say that I am thin and I still use the pinch technique because it gives me the impression that if I do not do it directly into the muscle.I use 5mm needles.
About leaving the needles put in the pen, I never do it but I do know people who always have it on because they say they save them time.They are usually people who have been with diabetes for many years and "pass" a bit of everything already: D

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/12/2023 12:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also always do pinch, with needles 5. Well in the arm and ass I don't do it because I don't know.
I always change the needle, but I put the new one for the next injection.I have been knowing that it should not be done for many years, I do it and I do not pass the subject simply that I have not observed anything weird.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/12/2023 2:54 p.m.

I also use the pinch with 5 mm needles.The sick told me that it was not necessary but with the pinch I avoid many bruises.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/12/2023 4:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

sandman said:
very interesting.
To say that I am thin and I still use the pinch technique because it gives me the impression that if I do not do it directly into the muscle.I use 5mm needles.
About leaving the needles put in the pen, I never do it but I do know people who always have it on because they say they save them time.They are usually people who have been with diabetes for many years and "pass" a bit of everything:

Forgive, with the spending, I wanted to say that those who have been with diabetes for many years have your routines, which does not have to be a bad thing.
I have been on the foot of the letter for a short time, but surely I will also pass and catch some hobbies with which I am more comfortable.
I am sorry to have bothered you.It wasn't my intention.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/12/2023 5:15 p.m.

@Sandman, has not bothered me.I have referred to what you have said and I have told what I do, I have given you a I like it !!:)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/12/2023 5:46 p.m.

anaisabel said:
@sandman, has not bothered me.I have referred to what you have said and I have told what I do, I have given you a I like it !!:)

;)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/12/2023 6:28 p.m.

Here one that uses needles of 5 or 4 and that does not pinco.Zero lipodystrophies and zero damage when I inject myself.I pinched when they gave me needles of 8 at the beginning, but a few years ago they told me that I did not need it.
It is more comfortable, especially to click on the arm, that I support a hand on my opposite shoulder and already skewer, I just need one hand.With pinch, in the arm or in my ass I had to prick someone, it was more complicated.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
01/12/2023 7:47 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

I remember that in the debut I told the nurse who made pinches and the inclined needle, as with the heparin and the needles of the hormones, and told me no, neither pinch nor inclined, straight ahead.
I have used 8mm needles until 2 months ago that only give me 5mm.
I have not had lipodystrophy (I touch wood) but also broken a lot as the area told me and massen the cream after the shower.

Ah!That he will never leave the needle on because when he opens it, he loses sterility and ceases to be hygienic and without bacteria, viruses, ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2023 9:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I continue with the pinch and use 5 mm.They told me so at the beginning, and I have already taken that mania.I only stop doing it when I click on my arms (because I can't do the pinch, of course).Leaving the needle also gives me the impression that it loses sterility and that a bacterium can enter or something ... I have never done it.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/13/2023 8:38 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I have the 5 mm and I still do the pinch technique, after so many years it is professional deformation already ...
I have ever had some hypertrophy.
And I always put it on the PQ gluteus favors the slowest absorption throughout the day, but throughout the buttock, up and down.In the video he says that only in the upper part, do you do so?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/13/2023 12:37 p.m.

meginer said:
I have the 5 mm and I still do the pinch technique, after so many years it is professional deformation already ...
I have ever had some hypertrophy.
And I always put it on the PQ gluteus favors the slowest absorption throughout the day, but throughout the buttock, up and down.In the video he says that only in the upper part, do you do so?

It is that in gluteo it hurts me based, as in my thigh.In the arms I have not tried for fear of reaching the bone: D (if you saw my little brocitos ...)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/13/2023 12:52 p.m.

I put the slow on my thighs and quickly in belly, although I do not do it for weeks that I notice, now I put it in front of the arms, it is more comfortable and does not hurt, use 5mm needles.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
01/13/2023 2:08 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

In the gluteus always slow, use everything, that mine are beautiful 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2023 3:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do something similar, in my legs the slow one, in the belly the rapid.:)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/13/2023 3:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

ruthbia said:
in the gluteus always slow, use everything, that mine are beautiful 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mine too, hehe.
But almost down, it hurts more

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/13/2023 8:10 p.m.

I also put it on the buttocks, above or below, where Pille, hehehe

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/13/2023 11:23 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.