{'en': 'Is the remission of type 2 diabetes possible through diet, weight loss and lifestyle?', 'es': '¿Es posible la remisión de la diabetes tipo 2 mediante dieta, pérdida de peso y cambio estilo vida?'} Image

Is the remission of type 2 diabetes possible through diet, weight loss and lifestyle?

fosforero's profile photo   01/13/2023 10:52 a.m.

Good morning friends,

I have type 2 diabetes and with added complication of diabetic neuropathy.

I take only a pill of 850 mg of metformin per day and the glycosylated hemoglobin values ​​are increasingly low.

I am currently 5.5%.

I have read some article that speaks of the total remission, but I doubt its scientific rigor.

Do any of you have information on the subject or have it lived in your own meats?

Thanks and luck !!!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
01/13/2023 10:52 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I have a theory that is just that.
If diabetes is caused by obesity, that is, when the pancreas works well but fat causes resistance, if weight is lowered in time before damaging the pancreas I think it can be sent.I have seen some case.
But if the pancreas already has small damage, perfectly normal values ​​can be taken by leading a healthy life and good food, but excesses will not neutralize them as a healthy pancreas.That is why I think it does not send only results.
It is only my theory, for what I have seen and I am not a doctor.
That said congratulations on the good control you carry with just one metformin per day.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/13/2023 12:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
If diabetes is caused by obesity, that is, when the pancreas works well but fat causes resistance, if weight is lowered in time before damaging the pancreas I think it can be sent.I have seen some case.
But if the pancreas already has small damage, perfectly normal values ​​can be taken by leading a healthy life and good food, but excesses will not neutralize them as a healthy pancreas.That is why I think it does not send only results.
That said congratulations on the good control you carry with just one metformin a day.

@isabelBota Everything you say has an overwhelming logic, thanks for your comments

fosforero
01/13/2023 2:32 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Isabelbota said:
That said congratulations on the good control you carry with just one metformin a day.

And you are right!
I comment for who can help my case!Hello!I am very happy!
How I told you in first test a month ago Di 154 on an empty stomach, after ten days with diet and exercise as I told me a medical one I did second test, and I said on 114, ten days later I had dropped with respect to the first test from 94 kilos to 88, I measure1.84, and I made another one on an empty stomach and Di 108, the glycosilada gave me 7.2.
Recently I have done two tests in Pharmacy, one on an empty stomach and another after two hours of lunch, say on fasting 86!, I have lowered at 85 kilos, and at lunch I did my first test after eating two hours after lunch, ate peasted dish with ham, onion, garlic, virgin olive oil, carrot and an egg, of dessert orange tangerine andA natural Greek yogurt without sugar, a bit of whole wheat bread and a small red wine glass, two hours later I tested and said 103!.
My conclusion is that I had no prediabetes as I believed, less diabetes, but would not answer my pancreas!I simply had some overweight that caused insulin resistance but the pancreas responds well, except to have diabetes, my doctor was right in not giving diabetes diagnosis and not prescribing pills, but diet and exercise, this demonstrates should not prescribe pills if you don't give twiceOn an empty stomach, but diet and exercise and more tests, regardless of glycosiladI will get glycosylated within three months to confirm as my doctor said.
I think doctors recipe pills in these cases as mine are wrong, my pancreas responded well, and perhaps the first test came that because I had dinner at that time towards, with white bread and industrial juice, but I have managed to catch it in time and eliminateThe risk that my pancreas would work badly over time, if my pancreas was wrong, it would not have had these results, it was also indicative that since the beginning I had perfect triglycerides and cholesterol, what I had is a problem of resistance to diabetes perhaps but not because of mypancreas that is fine but for some overweight, and the sugar was a little high because of the food it had.
This is my conclusion, if I now give 85 on an empty stomach and after lunch two hours later I give 103 my pancreas is fine and I am neither diabetic nor prediabetic.
If you pay attention to mine and do not give twice above 128 on an emptyance, try it with diet and exercise and lower weight, if it does not work then perhaps pills because it would be somewhat evil.
Inside three months I will do the glycosilada to confirm as a doctor said, but I am sure it will even be below 5

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/13/2023 3:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joaquillo said:
Isabelbota said:

And you are right!
How I told you in first test a month ago Di 154 on an empty stomach, after ten days with diet and exercise as I told me a medical one I did second test, and I said on 114, ten days later I had dropped with respect to the first test from 94 kilos to 88, I measure1.84, and I made another one on an empty stomach and Di 108, the glycosilada gave me 7.2.
Recently I have done two tests in Pharmacy, one on an empty stomach and another after two hours of lunch, say on fasting 86!, I have lowered at 85 kilos, and at lunch I did my first test after eating two hours after lunch, ate peasted dish with ham, onion, garlic, virgin olive oil, carrot and an egg, of dessert orange tangerine andA natural Greek yogurt without sugar, a bit of whole wheat bread and a small red wine glass, two hours later I tested and said 103!.
My conclusion is that I had no prediabetes as I believed, less diabetes, but would not answer my pancreas!I simply had some overweight that caused insulin resistance but the pancreas responds well, except to have diabetes, my doctor was right in not giving diabetes diagnosis and not prescribing pills, but diet and exercise, this demonstrates should not prescribe pills if you don't give twiceOn an empty stomach, but diet and exercise and more tests, regardless of glycosiladI will get glycosylated within three months to confirm as my doctor said.
I think doctors recipe pills in these cases as mine are wrong, my pancreas responded well, and perhaps the first test came that because I had dinner at that time towards, with white bread and industrial juice, but I have managed to catch it in time and eliminateThe risk that my pancreas would work badly over time, if my pancreas was wrong, it would not have had these results, it was also indicative that since the beginning I had perfect triglycerides and cholesterol, what I had is a problem of resistance to diabetes perhaps but not because of mypancreas that is fine but for some overweight, and the sugar was a little high because of the food it had.
This is my conclusion, if I now give 85 on an empty stomach and after lunch two hours later I give 103 my pancreas is fine and I am neither diabetic nor prediabetic.
If you pay attention to mine and do not give twice above 128 on an emptyance, try it with diet and exercise and lower weight, if it does not work then perhaps pills because it would be somewhat evil.
Inside three months I will do the glycosilada to confirm as a doctor said, but I am sure it will even be below 5

You are on the right track but for the results to be reliable and conclusions can be drawn much more time

fosforero
01/13/2023 4:02 p.m.

phosphorero said:
Joaquillo said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:

And you are right!

You are on the right track but for the results to be reliable and conclusions can be drawn much more time

TRUE!That's why I said that I will devote three months I will do new tests on an empty stomach and also the glycosilad

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/13/2023 4:04 p.m.

I agree with the hypothesis that lowering weight can improve results significantly in type 2 and bring diabetes to a level of prediabetes.But I do not think that normality values ​​can be achieved to a non -diabetic only with diet and exercise.

Maybe without eating carbohydrates or eating very few be feasible in some cases, but with a "normal" diet and without medication, not.

I lowered a glycosylated from 7.2 to 6.1 without medication and without eliminating carbohydrates, eating paste or rice (integral) dishes with an amount similar to that of others.I lowered the daily amount of hydrates but I did not modify anything in the lunches, it was mainly dinners.

With medication I hope to be below 6 and I hope to be able to lose even 5.5 but that ... already with medication playing its role.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 2:10 p.m.

karl85 said:
I agree with the hypothesis that lowering weight can improve results significantly in type 2 and bring diabetes to a level of prediabetes.But I do not think that normality values ​​can be achieved to a non -diabetic only with diet and exercise.

Maybe without eating carbohydrates or eating very few be feasible in some cases, but with a "normal" diet and without medication, not.

I lowered a glycosylated from 7.2 to 6.1 without medication and without eliminating carbohydrates, eating paste or rice (integral) dishes with an amount similar to that of others.I lowered the daily amount of hydrates but I did not modify anything in the lunches, it was mainly dinners.

With medication I hope to be below 6 and I hope to be able to lose even 5.5 but that ... already with medication playing their role.

It's okay to be realistic.As someone said in this same thread or in another resemblance, there is no prediabetes.Once you diagnose you, you must wear the right diet forever.It is very possible that as soon as you relax you a bit to unwanted glycemic values.
Courage you are doing very well.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/06/2023 5:33 p.m.

sandman said:
karl85 said:
I agree with the hypothesis that lowering weight can improve results significantly in type 2 and bring a diabetes toA level of prediabetes.But I do not think that normality values ​​can be achieved to a non -diabetic only with diet and exercise.

With medication I hope to be below 6 and I hope to be able to lose even 5.5 but that ... already with medication playing their role.

It's okay to be realistic.As someone said in this same thread or in another resemblance, there is no prediabetes.Once you diagnose you, you must wear the right diet forever.It is very possible that as soon as you relax you a bit to unwanted glycemic values.
Courage you are doing very well.

I totally agree, I am learning more in this forum with your sensible comments than in many of my doctors' visits

fosforero
02/06/2023 6:19 p.m.

I believe that the term prediabetes is used to identify a glucose level that is no longer normal but is not considered too dangerous either.I don't think the term is badly used if we stick to that definition.

What I do agree is that once you have reached diabetes, talk about prediabetes only because one has lowered its glucose levels because it is absurd.You are a diabetic with good control, just that.

I believe that when people say they have put their glucose at a level of prediabetes, what it means is that it is controlling well.Or at least I want to think ... I at least that's what I mean.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/07/2023 12:35 p.m.

Greetings to all from the Insular Colony of Puerto Rico.
He did not enter the forum since shortly before the pandemic and earthquakes that affected us.Since then dozens of events have happened.
Recapitulating, I am type 2 and when I started with the treatment, in 2018 for this same date, I was destined to inject myself.

It is clear that while time passes, the logical thing is that our organs are declining in function.However, is it possible to reduce or eliminate insulin dependence if the body still produces it naturally?Of course.It doesn't work for everyone but everyone should at least try.Change of life styles and exercise recurrent, consistent and moderate to intense intensity.
Not that they become elites, but what can they lose if they try?

Remission?I think it must be ideal but it is depending on how much damage that pancreas has suffered.And I stay thinking about excesses.Excellent point, I had not taken that data into account, which brings me to be more aware of those.I have had some.

I have been eliminating the dependence on insulin for 5 years, I have not even remotely approached the catastrophic values ​​of glucose that I had to have, and that hospitalized me:

A glucose that was in 400 and a glycosilada that was in 14

In three months I managed to control it to the point that reaches 5.4 from Glico, and glucose in 98

To this day, I have maintained values ​​within normal for a diabetic,
6 of Glico and 95-115.
I have maintained my weight in a controlled way.Thanks to sport.I am aware that I will eventually use insulin but, I will make it wait as much as I can.I have controlled my glucose to the point that even the metformin has decreased its use.
Deny the opportunity.
A lot of health to all.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/26/2023 11:28 a.m.

Diegoa said:
greetings to all from the Insular colony of Puerto Rico.
He did not enter the forum since shortly before the pandemic and earthquakes that affected us.Since then dozens of events have happened.
Recapitulating, I am type 2 and when I started with the treatment, in 2018 for this same date, I was destined to inject myself.

It is clear that while time passes, the logical thing is that our organs are declining in function.However, is it possible to reduce or eliminate insulin dependence if the body still produces it naturally?Of course.It doesn't work for everyone but everyone should at least try.Change of life styles and exercise recurrent, consistent and moderate to intense intensity.

Remission?I think it must be ideal but it is depending on how much damage that pancreas has suffered.And I stay thinking about excesses.Excellent point, I had not taken that data into account, which brings me to be more aware of those.I have had some.

I have been eliminating the dependence on insulin for 5 years, I have not even remotely approached the catastrophic values ​​of glucose that I had to have, and that hospitalized me:

In three months I managed to control it to the point that reaches 5.4 from Glico, and glucose in 98

6 of Glico and 95-115.
I have maintained my weight in a controlled way.Thanks to sport.I am aware that I will eventually use insulin but, I will make it wait as much as I can.I have controlled my glucose to the point that even the metformin has decreased its use.
Deny the opportunity.
A lot of health to all.

I admire you, I must put my 5 senses in it because I have peripheral neuropathy, a serious complication of diabetes.But my biggest problem is that since this ailment affects my feet and legs, I am very limited to exercise.But I am convinced that there is the key.Luck!!!

fosforero
02/26/2023 11:35 a.m.

Query what adapted exercises you can do and start

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/26/2023 11:40 a.m.

phosphorero said:
diegoa said:
greetings to all from the island colony of Puerto Rico.

6 of Glico and 95-115.
Deny the opportunity.
A lot of health to all.

I admire you, I must put my 5 senses in it because I have peripheral neuropathy, a serious complication of diabetes.But my biggest problem is that since this ailment affects my feet and legs, I am very limited to exercise.But I am convinced that there is the key.Good luck !!!

I have a peripheral neuropathy and I have changed hiking, of which I was a great fan, for cycling and I am phenomenal, in addition to doing some weights, abdominals and flexions, the case is to exercise, even as a partner says,get up and sit with a chair ...

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/26/2023 1:50 p.m.

diabetic said:
phosphorero said:
Diegoa said:
Diegoa said:
greetings to all from the Insular colony of Puerto Rico.

6 of Glico and 95-115.
Deny the opportunity.
A lot of health to all.

I admire you, I must put my 5 senses in it because I have peripheral neuropathy, a serious complication of diabetes.But my biggest problem is that since this ailment affects my feet and legs, I am very limited to exercise.But I am convinced that there is the key.Good luck !!!

I have a peripheral neuropathy and I have changed hiking, of which I was a great fan, for cycling and I am phenomenal, in addition to doing some weights, abdominals and flexions, the case is to exercise, even as a partner says,get up and sit down with a chair ...

I give you all the reason, any exercise serves, such as cleaning the house.In fact, cycling is phenomenal, like you, as well as swimming.I have left the gym but I think I'm going to recover it to make abdominals and some machine to improve muscle tone.Greetings!!!

fosforero
02/26/2023 5:17 p.m.

For me, exercise is also basic, I notice a barbarity in glycemia.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/26/2023 8:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I believe that to talk about remission, normal glycosylates should be taken without medication or diet that is too strict.

So I could read and document it is possible but unlikely.There are some cases in people with a lot of overweight that thinns and the flute sounds.

The truth is that I do not know if there will be any study where they have evaluated diabetic obese and have forced them to lose 30 kg to see what happened, but it would be interesting to see the result.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/26/2023 10:09 p.m.

@Karl85 If there are studies and evidence with morbid obese that by losing weight (30-60kg) its pancreas that was forced, returns to normal rhythm, also because they stop eating 6000cal/day and pass to 1500-2200 lime/day and exercise.

But an overweight person, 8-15kg, is diabetics for life, sends the use of diet and exercise pills, with a lot of control, as soon as you go to a wedding or an event and passes, glycemia is triggered.I have 2 friends like this, and to tell you anything.One has recovered 8 kg and is in 118 when rising (Normaglycemia is 60-100) after each meal is put in 180 or more than little by little its low body, its glyc will be around 5.5 -6 I calculate, I calculate,When I should be around 4 - 4.5 at most.The doctor has told him that next month and as he does not want to take anything he is going to walk but that does not counteract the abuse of hydrates or wines, caps and others.

That is why there is no prediabetes, doctors use it so as not to scare the patient, but they are type 2 diabetics with diet and exercise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/27/2023 12:02 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Once you have a neuropathy diagnosed, I doubt that you can send type 2 diabetes no matter how much weight and do everything possible to have a low glycose.I believe that one will continue to get worse, if perhaps the disease will be relaxed, but eliminate it or coña !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
02/27/2023 1:05 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

ruthbia said:
@karl8 if there are studies and evidence with morbid obeses that by weighing a lot (30-60kg) its pancreas that was forced, returns to normal rhythm, also because they stop eating 6000cal/day and pass to 1500-2200 lime/day and exercise.

But an overweight person, 8-15kg, is diabetics for life, sends the use of diet and exercise pills, with a lot of control, as soon as you go to a wedding or an event and passes, glycemia is triggered.I have 2 friends like this, and to tell you anything.One has recovered 8 kg and is in 118 when rising (Normaglycemia is 60-100) after each meal is put in 180 or more than little by little its low body, its glyc will be around 5.5 -6 I calculate, I calculate,When I should be around 4 - 4.5 at most.The doctor has told him that next month and as he does not want to take anything he is going to walk but that does not counteract the abuse of hydrates or wines, caps and others.

That is why there is no prediabetes, doctors use it so as not to scare the patient, but they are type 2 diabetics with diet and exercise.

You are right, I am with glycos of 5.5-5.6 based on diet and exercise and an 850 mg pill of metformin and I have lowered 30 kg, and I simply have controlled diabetes, if it altered those parametersEverything to the fret, I have it clear.I asked in case in any case the diabetes could send, in my case I am aware that no

fosforero
02/27/2023 3:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.