{'en': 'Glycosylated hemoglobin and hemoglobin', 'es': 'Hemoglobina y Hemoglobina glicosilada'} Image

Glycosylated hemoglobin and hemoglobin

anabela's profile photo   01/19/2023 4:26 p.m.

Hello!

Do you know if there is any relationship between the two?

Specifically, if hemoglobin is low (ferropenic anemia) does it affect glycosylated hemoglobin?

Does the value go up or lower?

Thank you!

anabela's profile photo
anabela
01/19/2023 4:26 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

anabela said:
Hello!Do you know if there is any relationship between the two?Specifically, if hemoglobin is low (ferropenic anemia) does it affect glycosylated hemoglobin?Does the value go up or lower?

In theory, if there is anemia the glycosilada is higher than real.There are less red blood cells caught each one more glucose (counted to the gross, a doctor will tell it more technical).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/19/2023 4:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

That's right, and as they have told you.As the gyzed measures the glycation of red blood cells during the previous 3 months, if there is anemia, hemoglobin is lower and touching more glucose by hematie, so to speak.That is why it is not very valuable, there is anemia l.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/19/2023 5:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have explained it very well!Thank you so much.I thought I remember that in consultation they had explained it to me, that with anemia glycosylated hemoglobin gives lower values ​​than they really are, and it usually happens to me just the other way around, when I have anemia my glycosiladExpected (by Diabox and LibreLink data).

anabela's profile photo
anabela
01/19/2023 8:13 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.