{'en': 'Metro opposition', 'es': 'Oposicion de Metro'} Image

Metro opposition

Dragmire's profile photo   01/19/2023 6:33 p.m.

Hi there!

The calls to work in the subway have just left and it seems so bad that the diabetics cannot oppose, when for example they leave people with a BMI of less than 40, crazy.

Link

Of course, then they do not give you disabilities or anything, we were starting to study it and when I have seen the exclusion ...

The curious thing that for the Civil Guard have taken it away and here they continue.

Come on but little can be done, right?

Greetings,

Dragmire's profile photo
Dragmire
01/19/2023 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Can you try to challenge the call for being discriminatory ???

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/19/2023 6:35 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I think it only applies to machinists, as well as pilots, bus drivers or ships.
For guards, tickets and I don't think I applied

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/19/2023 7:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

No, for station chief either.
For a machinist they do not leave type 1, 2. For station chief only exclude type 1 diabetes

Dragmire's profile photo
Dragmire
01/23/2023 5:13 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I think only applies to machinists, as to pilots, bus drivers or ships.
For guards, tickets and I don't think I applied

Well, I have an urban bus driver who has been diabetic for 25 years, and he had no problems, I don't know if he didn't happen before ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/23/2023 9:58 p.m.

Maybe I would say it when he opposed?Or that diabetes appeared later?

In any case, it is meaningless, with the measures that we have today, it seems discriminatory to me, something similar to what happens to us with the renewal of the driving license.

I do not feel in worse conditions to drive, or carry a train for having diabetes, another thing is if I have any complication derived from diabetes, such as less vision or whatever, but even in that case, that problem would be treated, noDiabetes as such.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/24/2023 9:28 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not seem discriminatory.We have a condition that needs much attention and hyperglycemia or hyperglycemia I do not think it favors some types of work.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
01/24/2023 11:48 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

But work in a scaffold or as an Uber driver if you can.Theirs that then gave some disability aid

Dragmire's profile photo
Dragmire
01/24/2023 12:58 p.m.

dragmire said:
but work in a scaffold or as an uber driver if you can.Theirs that then gave some disability aid

+1
If the diabetics are not suitable for what works, it is that, according to them, we are "disabled" (eye, I put it in quotes) and they should give us some help.

In another thread of this forum someone put, that since the diabetics have a cut of our life expectancy of +- 10 years, the logical thing is that we retire before.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/24/2023 1:21 p.m.

Indeed, here is a great issue, if we have limitations to opt for certain positions, the logical thing is that we also have some advantages, which is not fair and I think it is also discriminatory, we do not have either of the two.

Another thing is the criteria used, who decides them, with what base, etc ... to give an example, there are countries that have plane pilots with type 1 diabetes ...

fer's profile photo
fer
01/24/2023 1:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
indeed, here is a big topic, if we have limitations to opt for certain positions, the logical thing is that we also have some advantages, which is not fair and I think it is also discriminatory, we do not have either thing.

Another thing is the criteria used, who decides them, with what base, etc ... to give an example, there are countries that have plane pilots with type 1 diabetes ...

>

I do not see that discrimination logical.If you have your diabetes under control, with good values ​​constantly, you are practically like someone without diabetes.

You don't see the face that this summer got me when I was not renewed by driving license for more than 5 years.:#

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/24/2023 1:59 p.m.

sandman said:
fer said:
effectively, here is a big topic, if we have limitations to opt for certain positions, the logical thing is that we also have some someAdvantages, which is not fair and I think it is also discriminatory, is that we have neither of the two.

>

I do not see that discrimination logical.If you have your diabetes under control, with good values ​​constantly, you are practically like someone without diabetes.

You don't see the face that this summer got me when I was not renewed by driving license for more than 5 years.:#

And it is not that it is money, but if they renew half they should charge half, it is logical.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/24/2023 2:23 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

sandman said:
fer said:
effectively, here is a big topic, if we have limitations to opt for certain positions, the logical thing is that we also have some someAdvantages, which is not fair and I think it is also discriminatory, is that we have neither of the two.

>

Even if you have good values, you do not have controlled diabetes.And no, you are not like someone without diabetes.

Diabetes needs a dedication 24/7.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
01/24/2023 3:53 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
sandman said:
fer said:
fer said:
indeed, here there is a big topic, if we have limitationsTo opt for certain positions, the logical thing is that we also have some advantages, which is not fair and I think it is also discriminatory, we do not have either of the two.

>

Even if you have good values, you do not have controlled diabetes.And no, you are not like someone without diabetes.

Diabetes needs a dedication 24/7.

Let's see, I know that type 1 diabetic astronauts will be difficult to see them.But the vast majority of works can be developed equal or better than a non -diabetic.There are athletes of the very high level, scientists, actors, models, or as someone has said upside down masons to scaffolding with 40º in the shadow.

I debuted and work the same as before.I have not been any problem at all.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/24/2023 5:09 p.m.

Someone without diabetes is not exempt from stroke and other diseases that do not warn.I saw a live accident of a bus driver who gave him a stroke, lost control, was unconscious and killed a pedestrian.His perfect reviews every 6 months, and?
Being diabetic you can anticipate with the media we have;I do not tell you to be an astronaut but in the rest of the western countries there are not so many restrictions for DT1

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/24/2023 7:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What I see is that the greater the control, the more possibilities there is to enter hiccup.And when your work depends on other people, that risk cannot be run.In the airplanes there are always two drivers, in case something happens, but in other passenger vehicles, no.
And if there are limitations for some jobs, they should also put compensation for others.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2023 2:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If but the subway is like the plane, it is assisted, in one case by the ATC and on the other on the plane.The system makes it work alone and the pilot is only for emergencies.It is more Metro Madrid is totally assisted and it is changing to not carry a driver.
Spain is the country with the most automated rail network in the world after Japan.In a few years do not need machinists on any train.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2023 6:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And I wonder, there is currently no driver with DT1?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/25/2023 10:12 a.m.

Unless it has come out later, no.
But I also tell you in a medical recognition that they make you and an analytical that they ask:
Significant alterations of the analyzed parameters that constitute a pathological entity (basal glucose> 150 mg/dl, glycosylated hemoglobin greater than 8 mg/dl, fructosamine greater than 280 mcml/l, important anemias with HB less than 10 g/dl, polyglobulies ofMore than 6.6 million red blood cells, hemorrhagic syndromes, leukopenia, leukocytosis, thrombopenias and severe thrombocytosis, or secondary to other systemic diseases, etc.).Suggestive analytical findings of aplastic anemia, myelodisplasia, vera polycytemia, hemophilia, hemorrhagic vascular disorders, purple, leukemias, lymphomas, myelodysplastic syndrome, monoclonal gammapatías, macroglobulinemia, multiple myeloma, etc.).

It would be difficult for them to discover if, you have it controlled and that morning you are not very high

Dragmire's profile photo
Dragmire
01/27/2023 12:10 p.m.

fer said:
Can I not say it when he opposed?Or that diabetes appeared later?

In any case, it is meaningless, with the measures that we have today, it seems discriminatory to me, something similar to what happens to us with the renewal of the driving license.

I do not feel in worse conditions to drive, or carry a train for having diabetes, another thing is if I have any complication derived from diabetes, such as less vision or whatever, but even in that case, that problem would be treated, noDiabetes as such.

Well, I don't think I didn't say it for a problem with a hypo driving and it spent some time without being able to drive but how good control was demonstrated with the sensor data, returned or without problem.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/27/2023 11:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.