{'en': 'Opinions about Dexcom One', 'es': 'Opiniones sobre Dexcom One'} Image

Opinions about Dexcom One

katmandu25's profile photo   01/23/2023 1:26 p.m.

Hello.My son debuted in September 22 and in December they provided him with insulin control monitor the Dexcom One in the princess (Madrid)

Previously we buy a couple of freestyle 3 to cope with the punctures.So far the experience with the Dexcom One is being traumatic and a nightmare for him.

Every night sounds two or three times due to hypoglycemia and then it is punctured and has 115 and the apparatus marks 64. During the day there is no time not to disconnect or disappear the trend arrow by whim in the device of the device.

To top it up, the people of Dexcom do not make their products compatible more than with the Samsung, Motorola mobiles and some other brand, if you have xiaomi or something like that forgotten.I spoke even with them and they told me to forget me, that I was not in their plans, so it is time to wear the "detonator" as my son, another break.

I would like to know if there is someone else with this device and if you have problems or if I am the only one.

Thank you very much to everyone.

katmandu25's profile photo
katmandu25
01/23/2023 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

katmandu25 said:
hello.My son debuted in September 22 and in December they provided him with insulin control monitor the Dexcom One in the princess (Madrid)

Previously we buy a couple of freestyle 3 to cope with the punctures.So far the experience with the Dexcom One is being traumatic and a nightmare for him.Every night sounds two or three times due to hypoglycemia and then it is punctured and has 115 and the apparatus marks 64. During the day there is no time not to disconnect or disappear the trend arrow by whim in the device of the device.To top it up, the people of Dexcom do not make their products compatible more than with the Samsung, Motorola mobiles and some other brand, if you have xiaomi or something like that forgotten.I spoke even with them and they told me to forget me, that I was not in their plans, so it is time to wear the "detonator" as my son, another break.

I would like to know if there is someone else with this device and if you have problems or if I am the only one.

Thank you very much to all.

There is an app called Diabox that transforms the free sensor into a continuous meter.

I think most of us are the one that usually uses, ahead of the official app.

What happens is that I don't know if it also works with Dexcon.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/23/2023 5:08 p.m.

Jo would be great.Do you know where I can find information about it?

All the best.

katmandu25
01/24/2023 5:24 p.m.

Hello!

On Facebook there is a Spanish Dexcom group called " Dexcom G7, G6 and One ".He says it is private, but you ask for access and accept you.Surely you will find solutions and there are more people who use it.

Good luck!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
01/24/2023 5:42 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

My son is testing the Dexcom One because Freestyle 2 causes dermatitis and sometimes pus in the puncture zone.About to meet the first 10 days of use of Dexcom there is no way for the sensor to show a real glucose level comparing with capillary glycemias and Abbott's that I had.Dexcom is always with higher values ​​with 50-80 above the real value.He is 13 years old and plays federated basketball with what hypoglycemia usually has the loads of training and parties.In the hospital they ask us to give him a vote of confidence because Dexcom is supposed to be hypoallergenic and at the skin level will favor him but we do not trust too much since he can have a hypo and that the sensor marks 120 for example ...
I would appreciate some opinion.If someone has been in the same situation with Dexcom and has solved it.
Greetings from Granada and thank you all for the great help you give

AliciaSM's profile photo
AliciaSM
03/21/2023 10:19 p.m.

For allergies there were people who put on a compeed (those transparent ones that heal the heels) and they hit the Abbott sensor with a dressing to prevent it from taking off during the 14 days.The competed made a small hole for the needle but I do not think it is needed, with the force that the applicator launches it is easy for the competition and the skin to go through.

The Dexcom does not know, there are happy people and another not so much.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2023 6:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Alicia.In the case of my son is in the same situation as yours.The Dexcom does not give one, the measures are not reliable, I talk about differences of 100 between blood taking and the sensor.Let's go next week to the endocrine with a folder of photos and tests to see if we manage to prescribe the Abbot.He had it for a while and has nothing to do with it, it is much more reliable.

katmandu25
03/22/2023 9:23 a.m.

Hello, in my modest opinion, after nine years using Dexcom, I can tell you that it is the best system and it is also quite reliable, but you have to understand how it works and know its limitations, which are the own of its measurement system, which does notIt is in blood, but in interstitial fluid, and understand how its algorithm works, which depending on whether the glucose rises or low quickly becomes predictive or estimated, which is what it usually gives problems.
I do not use Dexcom One, but G6, but I think it is actually the same sensor with two commercial denominations.
Although Dexcom says that it is not necessary to calibrate it after the period of two hours after insertion, it is actually strictly necessary.The inflammation and healing process is very variable from one person to another.I always have a difference of 20-30 mg/dl at two hours of insertion, so always calibrate as soon as the sensor begins to give readings.Then I repeat the calibration at 10 am, where there is hardly any difference, and sometimes, to get quieter, I repeat the next day.In this way the rest of the time is maintained until it ends after ten days.
It must be understood that there is an estimated five -minute difference between blood value and interstitial plasma value, where the sensor measures.In interstitial plasma, the glucose "arrives" or lowers five minutes later.Therefore, due to the behavior of the algorithm, if you are, for example, tracing hypoglycemia and glucose is rising quickly, it will give higher values ​​to the real ones, because it interprets that at that speed of rise you will be in that glucose value in five minutes.That is why you can never trust the value of the sensor when it goes up very quickly, especially after hypoglycemia.This behavior is learned with experience.

By the way I have never used the Dexcom application, which is very limited and only works with some phones, but XDrip+, which is infinitely better and I can also take it on the clock.I also carry the Dexcom connected to the pump.

Gonz's profile photo
Gonz
03/26/2023 1:20 p.m.

Gon, which are those of its measurement system, which is not in blood, but in interstitial fluid, and understand how its algorithm works, which depending on whether the glucose rises or low quickly becomes predictive or estimated, which is what it usuallyGive problems.
I do not use Dexcom One, but G6, but I think it is actually the same sensor with two commercial denominations.
Although Dexcom says that it is not necessary to calibrate it after the period of two hours after insertion, it is actually strictly necessary.The inflammation and healing process is very variable from one person to another.I always have a difference of 20-30 mg/dl at two hours of insertion, so always calibrate as soon as the sensor begins to give readings.Then I repeat the calibration at 10 am, where there is hardly any difference, and sometimes, to get quieter, I repeat the next day.In this way the rest of the time is maintained until it ends after ten days.
It must be understood that there is an estimated five -minute difference between blood value and interstitial plasma value, where the sensor measures.In interstitial plasma, the glucose
said:

The Dexcom One reader does not know if you can calibrate so that more accurate measurements.My son for his tendencies to the hypos for the sport does not trust ... when in capillary he is 65 the dexcom marks him 100 or more!🤦🏼‍♀️
He has already had the first sensor 10 days and even the representative who has given it to us in test has been missed from such a difference and has offered us another 2 more sensors to continue testing.The fact is that with the second the readings remain as distant among the 3 readings (Freestyle/Dexcom/capillary)
It was a bit frustrating, really.In terms of dermatitis, somewhat less aggressive but with dermal erosion equally ... desperate !!

AliciaSM's profile photo
AliciaSM
03/26/2023 2:21 p.m.

Hello, I use the Dexcom G6 and I do not have those problems with the values, only the first day I have to be pending and calibrate it several times (very important).Then the rest of the days are nailed, and as restart the sensor lasts for me 20 days.I do not know if you could ask for the G6 instead of the One. I pay it for my pocket.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/28/2023 12:36 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello, the endocrine has just passed to Dexcom One. I have only been in the abdomen for 5 days.I use it with the recupor because my mobile is not compatible with the app.At the moment it goes well.

I have realized that I marked the ups and dowering more slowly than the free 2. I explain: when I put on the One in the course, I already carried free 2, so I could compare between the two.The 2 points out those ups and downs before, while the One does it with more delay.I do not know if they are because they are in different areas, one with less fat and another with more (guess which one :)).

Right now I would say that this delay in the glycemic changes benefits me, because sometimes a tad rushed when I saw the ups or down with free 2 and I have not always made good decisions.

As I say, I just have been for five days and it is soon to be able to assess whether it goes better or worse than the free 2. I'll be counting.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
05/20/2023 2:50 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla, you keep telling us which you like best and best fit the glucometer.

The glycosilada of the analytics varied from what the free gave?
The dexcom is more reliable to the endo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/24/2023 3:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @regina, I had not come for a few days and I hadn't seen your message.: '(

I've always been happy with Free, although the last boxes brought me a little head.Too many differences with capillary measurement.According to Free, he constantly lived with hypoglycemia.
As only the last 3 sensors were bad, the glucosilada of the analytics barely varied from that of the free.

I had endocrine (HG: 5.6, Yujuu) and I told him.He offered me to change to Dexcom One. She never told me to seem better, but he added that she kept hearing complaints from free 2 for a few months.

And in these I walk.For now, all good.:)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
05/31/2023 10:16 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla, what a good glyc!Congratulations!!
Yes, sometimes the free is lower, the last days above all .., although the glyc still works out well, but I like Dexcom more..A see Free 3 if it improves, which is very small, but I don't know if more reliable than 2.
What did give my daughter yesterday is an intelligent ball that records dose and time, and they changed the humalog for the fiasp, which I see that you have.Let's see if it comes as good as you 😊

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2023 4:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina Eye with the fiasp that lasts an hour less than Humalog or Novorapid.Depending on what meals insulin must be replaced.And in my case it was not as fast as they paint it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2023 12:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use FIASP and have a action peak of the 30 min at 90 after having put it at 2 hours no longer makes me effect, if I still correct or exercise if I can

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/01/2023 1:06 p.m.

@Ruthbia, yes, I had already read that it is Fiasp's problem, but it may come well for PQ tends to go down after meals.Anyway, the reserve humalog has.
Will try to see ... Thank you, Ruthbia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2023 4:28 p.m.

Hello, I had the same problem.Three -year -old boy began to familiarize us with the sensor and between which mobile must be close to the sensor, more junk and more junk.
It was hard for me to find a compatible mobile.Find the King Kong Mini.
The mobile is nothing from the other world .... But the most important thing is Mini .... so I get into mobile in your pocket.The child can play with his friends, jump run ...You already know a little warm life.

I hope I have helped you.

ManuSoler's profile photo
ManuSoler
06/04/2023 11:22 a.m.

Hello.
After years using free freestyle tried Dexcom One for two months.I wanted to have continuous measurement without having to use XDrip and LibreLink patch.
Disastrous experience with Dexcom One. It gave a minimum values ​​of 20% above capillary and free freeyle 2 (it was wearing it at the same time as Dexcom One).Dexconexions with the mobile were continuous.I had to restart the mobile to connect again.And as others say, Dexcom's application compatible with very few phones.
I returned to free freestyle 2 + xDrip + LibreLink patch.

Ikel's profile photo
Ikel
06/04/2023 4:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.