{'en': 'Diabetes during menopause', 'es': 'Diabetes durante la menopausia'} Image

Diabetes during menopause

fer's profile photo   01/03/2023 12:41 p.m.

Menopause can present particular challenges if you have diabetes, but with organization and prevention you can reduce the impact of this stage of life on your disease.

Menopause is the stage of life between 45 and 55 years, at this time women stop having menstrual periods and ovaries no longer produce more estrogen or sex hormones

Menopause can present particular challenges if you have diabetes, but with organization and prevention you can reduce the impact of this stage of life on your disease.

Effects of the combination between diabetes and menopause

Changes in blood sugar level: menopause generates changes in hormonal levels that can release changes in your blood sugar level.

Sleeping problems: menopause brings stifves and night sweat that can cause insomnia and lack of sleep can hinder the control of the blood sugar level.

Weight increase: menopause brings weight gain and this can increase the need to use insulin or take oral medications for diabetes.

Infections: when menopause arrives, estrogen levels decrease and this facilitates that bacteria and yeasts increase in urinary tract and vagina.

Sexual problems: Diabetes can damage the nerves of cells that cover the vagina, this can affect sexual relations and worsen after the arrival of menopause.

To do?

- Have a healthy diet
- Do exercise
- Measure the blood sugar level more frequently, even at night
- Search with the doctor to reduce the symptoms of menopause
- Keep adequate control to inform the doctor all the changes that are presented, in this way the doctor may decide whether to increase or decrease the dose in the medications.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/03/2023 12:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

😱😱😱😱😱😱
All joy @fer 😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/03/2023 1:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And what about osteopenia and osteoporosis that usually appear when you have menopause?Does anyone know if diabetes predisposes you to have these bone problems?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/03/2023 1:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

hahahaha ... @ruthbia you will forgive me, but I will refrain from commenting here ... I am as indicated to speak !!: D: D: D: P

fer's profile photo
fer
01/03/2023 3:25 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I'm there I spent two months without a rule but now again, like a clock.
As more weight increases, that I want to lose five, I don't know, we will have to hurry.
The truth is that the solutions that are already carrying them out, right?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2023 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, in my case it comes to me every 15 days, so for good, when I was every 25 or so.Thought they are already disorders of menopause, but I fear that they are the happy myomas.

Yes, the weight is disgust.I don't know what to do anymore, because as for hunger not for gluttony.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 1:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have read above that diabetes can affect sexual relations by affecting nerves of cells that cover the vagina.
I have a doubt and forgive if my doubt is stupid, men affect diabetes or prediabetes to sexual relations?I mean if it also affects penis cells or the quality of erection or causes some kind of helplessness, I at least thank God I have not noticed anything at the time, but it is because mine is prediabetes, with DT2 you lower yoursexual power in man?

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/07/2023 2:51 p.m.

Joaquillo said:
I have read above that diabetes can affect sexual relations by affecting nerves of the cells that cover the vagina.
I have a doubt and forgive if my doubt is stupid, men affect diabetes or prediabetes to sexual relations?I mean if it also affects penis cells or the quality of erection or causes some kind of helplessness, I at least thank God I have not noticed anything at the time, but it is because mine is prediabetes, with DT2 you lower yourSexual power in man?

There was a thread here in the forum

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/07/2023 4:30 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Joaquillo said:
I have read above that diabetes can affect sexual relations by affecting nerves of the cells that cover the vagina.
I have a doubt and forgive if my doubt is stupid, men affect diabetes or prediabetes to sexual relations?I mean if it also affects penis cells or the quality of erection or causes some kind of helplessness, I at least thank God I have not noticed anything at the time, but it is because mine is prediabetes, with DT2 you lower yourSexual power in man?

Put in the "sexual relations" forum and you will get quite threads on that subject

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/07/2023 7:04 p.m.

I return to this topic, with a question:
Those who have passed menopause with diabetes, how was it?

I ask you why I have been delayed for 7 days (I have only delayed 3 times in 36 years) with many pains, such as a "dry" menstruation and blood glucose I can not control it except that it fasts (3 days in week), I stayBetween 120-130 (high values ​​for me) and does not lower anything even if it is 16 hours without eating.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/25/2023 10:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.