{'en': 'Can I avoid being type 2 diabetic?', 'es': '¿Puedo evitar ser diabética tipo 2?'} Image

Can I avoid being type 2 diabetic?

raigam's profile photo   01/27/2023 10:45 p.m.

Hello good,

I explain my case a little to see what they think.I have no diabetes, but my father had type 2 diabetes, I have always had the glucose quite low on an empty stomach (between 60 and something and 70 and something).

Two years ago I was a mother and stopped playing sports and started to eat fatal, a lot of junk food and a lot of sweet, the issue is that on the 1st of this month I gave me to buy the glucose on an empty stomach and gave me 98.

From there I have had days that I have reached 105, they made me analytics and di 90 and 4.5 of glycosiladThe next morning I get to 100-104-105.

I think I am on my way to type 2 diabetes, the question and forgive the roll is that if you think that with a diet I can have the glucose level as before even if one day I am in a sweet dessert and a sweet dessert for saying something, or I mustAlready control the diet to avoid future diabetes.

Thank you!

raigam's profile photo
raigam
01/27/2023 10:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@raigam don't worry, you're totally healthy.Watch for a future if you have excess weight, but those values ​​are not to worry ... it is not good for anyone to abuse junk food .... Give yourself a whim from time to time.Your father is sure to be diabetic for the age and bad habits of a young, quiet.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/28/2023 10:36 a.m.

Thank you very much for the answer, but as I said I am to give many laps to everything, I am not overweight and I worry that I have uploaded the glucose values, but I will try nothing to relax, thank you !!

raigam's profile photo
raigam
01/28/2023 2:41 p.m.

@raigam, the glucometers are not exact, trust the value of the analytics, which is perfect.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/29/2023 4:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina, thanks I will try not to think so much hehe

raigam's profile photo
raigam
01/29/2023 5:16 p.m.

My husband is not diabetic, we went out for dinner one night without remembering that the next day I had analytics and ate Russian salad, fried fish, brave potatoes, bread and soda.When the analytics was done, it came out 105, it is that I see it until normal, it did not even do 12 hours since Ceno ... then in the rest of the analytics that we have respected, then a less heavy dinner, the hours and that, because below90

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/29/2023 5:52 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@Nila, thanks for answering, that is what happens to me but it gives me to think that it must be that my pancreas is a little resentful, I had never happened to me what I had dinner, and now I think that not to 'bother it'At all I will always have to control ..

raigam's profile photo
raigam
01/30/2023 9:36 p.m.

You have no diabetes and you are not close to having it, but if your father had diabetes, pay attention to take action in case you observe constant increases over time even if they are small.

I think we should all have a glucometer at home just like we have thermometer or Betadine, even if you don't have diabetes.It costs nothing to click a couple of times a month and check how things are going.The glucometer is 30-40 euros that you spend once and the reactive strips to a non-diabetic that is controlled a couple of times a month the reactive strips will not mean more than 20 or 25 euros per year.It is not money for all the problems that can be avoided honestly.

If I could go back it is a measure that I would take without any doubt, and the day I have such a child I will advise it.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 7:45 p.m.

@Karl85, thanks for the answer I think like you in everything, I have a glucometer for a long time, as well as tensiometer, oximeter, and several devices hehe, I needed them for my parents but I continued them also used them because as I said I am to "think""A lot, hehe

raigam's profile photo
raigam
02/11/2023 10:47 p.m.

You do very well taking care of your health in a preventive way Raigam.

In your place I would do what I have told you, from time to time at home and an annual glycosilada to be possible.I would put the batteries if the glycosilada went from 5 to not keep climbing, meanwhile to enjoy.A 5 glycosylated becomes an approx of 100 blood glucose.The 4.5 you have now are approximately 85 on average.

As for the controls at home, I would do on an empty stomach and the occasional 2 hours after eating rice or pasta with some dessert fruit.This to see how the body responds.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/12/2023 2:14 a.m.

@Karl85, thanks for the information and the advice, it has served me a lot

raigam's profile photo
raigam
02/14/2023 3:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.