{'en': 'Is there "good" or "bad" diabetes?', 'es': '¿Existe la diabetes "buena" o "mala"?'} Image

Is there "good" or "bad" diabetes?

fer's profile photo   01/03/2023 6:09 p.m.

Sometimes we listen to comments about someone who has "good" or "bad" diabetes ... However, in general diabetes is defined by types 1 and 2.

In both cases it is characterized by excess blood sugar, which if they are not treated properly, both types of diabetes can have serious complications, such as cardiovascular problems, nervous problems and kidney problems, as well as visual, skin and sexual health problems.

Although type 1 diabetes cannot be prevented, type 2 diabetes can be prevented and, in some cases, reverse, through healthy lifestyle habits, such as a balanced diet and physical exercise.

Obesity, overweight and excess abdominal fat are important risk factors for the development and worsening of type 2 diabetes.

It is important to detect the disease early to avoid complications and, in some cases, to completely eliminate it.

Thus, it cannot be said that there are a "good" or "bad" diabetes, instead, we can talk about well or poorly controlled diabetes.

A diabetes that constantThat in the case of not being able to maintain these levels, we could talk about bad control, and for a "poorly controlled" diabetes.

In my opinion, in general it tends to over-simplify when we talk about diabetes, which on the one hand is fine when you have to explain to someone who has never heard of diabetes, however, take it to the extreme of "Well "or" bad ", it seems excessively simple, and that also does not contribute much context.

What do you think of you?

Should we make more pedagogy?

fer's profile photo
fer
01/03/2023 6:09 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

There is bad diabetes and the worst:/

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/03/2023 6:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

The question they ask me is ... but do you take pills or click?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/03/2023 10:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In general, people think that the "good" is that of pills and the "bad" if you put insulin.
The pills are not given importance and there are complications ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/03/2023 11:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes ... totally, people say: "What a bad luck, you have the worst" (which is not for me, we have the insulin that helps take a better control).I did the capillary test to my father on Christmas Eve, without having tried desserts and was 256 (he had diabetic type 2 for 3 years, he has 80 and treated with metformin) and told myself "Mamma Mía" that bad types 2.... (My father at any time has sent him to follow any type of diet) ... and I remembered when they diagnosed me at the beginning as type 2, they did not give me glucometer or strips, they only explained the dish (withoutweigh the amounts or anything) ....
On the other hand, I have been funny to hear acquaintances say that some acquaintance or familiar also "have some sugar" .... people ignore what this entails and detracts from it.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/04/2023 11:25 a.m.

It is what the head doctors "instill" especially the ancients.

- Vah! "You have a little sugar, we see it but don't worry, you take the pill and go.
- Or you have some sugar, it can be pre-diabetes (term that does not exist in medicine), instead of saying you fail the pancreas and you need treatment.
- Also, typical of that is solved with a diet, don't worry ...

I have a friend DT2 like this, when it goes down weight, the Guay pancreas, but as soon as it recovers, it is DT2 of pill and without control.She is not considered diabetic because her doctor does not tell her, but she is and if he continues, she will exhaust pancreas and will be insulin -dependent.

I don't know why they don't tell the truth, rawly.They told me clearly it is small but it is cancer and you have to remove it.I prefer it to wander with the answers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/04/2023 2:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also prefer, better things as they are, to lower gravity leads to worry less, and also to have the treatment worse.

It is much more effective to know reality, and take the necessary measures.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/04/2023 5:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, to say that you have good diabetes I do not see meaning, well it is to have nothing, what if there can be prediabetes and diabetes, and within diabetes because type 1 or 2 ... if it is prediabetes it seems easier to reverse it and it is notadvisable medicine, but diet and exercise.

joaquillo's profile photo
joaquillo
01/04/2023 6:03 p.m.

No disease is good, so no type of diabetes is.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/04/2023 10:17 p.m.

Obviously, having diabetes is not good to look where you look.But for me the 1 is not the worst because we have many financed things to carry good control, which until now unfortunately, with the 2 does not happen.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/08/2023 10:52 p.m.

Indeed, with the DM2 there is to save strict diet

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/09/2023 8:24 a.m.

Of course, there are no good diabetes.They have also told me many times, that mine is bad.
The worst thing I see being type 1 is that it is an autoimmune disease and that implies that I can have a predisposition to suffering from other autoimmune.For the rest, it is almost sacrificed to carry the 1 than 2.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/09/2023 3:31 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

salad said:
There is bad diabetes and the worst:/
>

TRUE

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2023 12:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.