{'en': 'Insulin change', 'es': 'Cambio de insulina'} Image

Insulin change

pimbri's profile photo   01/28/2023 1:43 p.m.

Hello everyone,

In a few days I have an appointment with endocrine and I am thinking of asking for an insulin change.

I have been diagnosed for a year using Lantus and Novorapid, I carry it quite well and very controlled the doses, but the ratio I have with a novorapid is 1U/70mg and in the meals it varies 1 unit I can stay high or need to eat more because I go to hip

I understand that Humalog uses half units and I think that could help me better calculate the doses, but with novorapid I calculate the times and doses very well

I would like to know from your experience if you can assume a lot

Thank you!

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
01/28/2023 1:43 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

You can continue with Novorapid and use a feather novopen echo. These feathers are rechargeable.Insulin comes into cartridges and allows you to inject half units.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/28/2023 3:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Exactly, I think the same as Ricki21, if you do well for what to change?Buy or provide you with 1/2UD.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/28/2023 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I changed the novorapid to Humalog Junior for the half units and it has done very well.For me the average unit is useful because it is safer, especially for corrections

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/28/2023 3:58 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thank you all
The next day I will propose a change to the endocrine

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
01/30/2023 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

@pimbri Humalog to go down is somewhat more aggressive and lasts less in the body.As you have told you the easiest thing is to use the novopen that you put the insulin cartridge and allow you half units.

marine's profile photo
marine
01/30/2023 4:07 p.m.

I use Humalog Junior that goes through half units and I do well.The effect lasts for about three hours and I put it at 20 minutes before eating, although this has no fixed rule and there are moments (when ovulo p), in which insulin looks like water with a beastly resistance and for more than I correct noGo down, or go down at the time and of course, I can not wait an hour for breakfast because I have to go to work, (100 to start lunch is recommended), so sometimes I go with a coffee taken and that's it.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/31/2023 10:55 p.m.

Hello, how are you all?I want to change from Humalog Junior to Fiasp, and my endocrine is very difficultAny plus for maintaining some insulin mark in particular?I have heard that Fiasp is very fast to even prick it after eating, I have a breakfast problem with the peaks and there is no way even waiting for up to 30 min with the Humalog, what do you think about it?Thank you

Dannyvega87's profile photo
Dannyvega87
02/16/2023 2:19 p.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
Hba1c 6,0 septiembre 2022
De Sevilla!!!

@Dannyvega87: With the hemoglobin you have (I suppose that with few hypos) I am not surprised that your endocrine does not want to change.I was a season with Fiasp and it did not go well: it is so fast that while I was eating many times I was shooting the alarm of descent and its effect lasts a short time and does not cover the digestion of proteins and fats well.But it is already known, each person is a world.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/16/2023 3:22 p.m.

@Dannyvega87 The endocrine of my daughter, did fiasp prescribe him, who did not prove yet, but if he does not do well, he changed again.
You have to try to see which one comes better.
Tell him to take it to you and you see what you stay.
They do not take any commission, they will assess the risk, but it is the patient himself who sees it best.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/16/2023 5:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It didn't go well for me.It was not so fast, I was peak breakfast, just like novorapid, and the action did not reach 2 hours.
For breakfast peaks I started to get a novorapid 45min before breakfast and well, without peaks;Now I have changed to protein breakfast just, I have no peaks and I put the insulin 10min before.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/16/2023 8:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is incredible how fast you have answered, thank you very much for your help @ricki21 @regina and @ruthbia a hug

Dannyvega87
02/16/2023 11:49 p.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
De Sevilla!!!

@Dannyvega87, it catches my attention in your treatment that you have tried the bomb and you have stayed with toujeo and humalog, that the treatment that my daughter has and so far the best goes.Before I used Lantus and also tested Tresiba.
But I think if it would be easier with a bomb, although he does not have it in mind.
Did not the bomb convince you?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2023 2:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do you know if when used, bass cartridge is also used?or go 24h.quickly?I am going to try it, all the toilets highly recommend it to me and they have told me that if for whatever it is later I want it, I can always return to feathers.But it is true that I have met a couple of people recently who carry it and now they do not consider to leave it.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/17/2023 1:25 p.m.

Yes, the pump carries two cartridges, one of slow and another basal.You must program them with the units and times of application and also has its own blood glucose sensor that you can configure to release x insulin units when the value is above XMG/DL

It is the closest thing to an artificial pancreas, unless you have to reprogram continuously since diabetes is variable according to mood, hormones, viruses, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/17/2023 3:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Cassie: Here are information about insulin bombs.I hope you clarify some doubts.
https:/5Insulin-for-diabetes-type-1/questions-masters-over-the-pumps-2/#insulintype

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/17/2023 7:22 p.m.

@Ricki21 Thank you!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/18/2023 9:43 p.m.

I use fiasp cartridge with novopen echo.They changed it to me in November.For me the half point is fantastic.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/19/2023 2:13 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

regina said:
@dannyvega87, it catches my attention in your treatment that you have tried the bomb and you have stayed with toujeo and humalog, that the treatment that my daughter has and so farHe is doing.Before I used Lantus and also tested Tresiba.
But I think if it would be easier with a bomb, although he does not have it in mind.
Did not the bomb convince you?

I was with the Medtronic and they took me promising the guardian sensor, and I got tired of waiting and what already bored me was that I for my work, that I work in factories and is very hot in my post and I took off the canulas, also in my hospital they tested the Roche pump without cables and did not want to count on me because I left the bomb, there are times that it is more inconvenient than advantage, and I am with the bolis very well in the absence of my endocrine I let me try fiasp otherwiseGood everything.

Dannyvega87
02/19/2023 7:49 p.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
De Sevilla!!!

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.