Inexplicable increases between intakes

Arse's profile photo   01/30/2023 4:22 p.m.

I have been lacking for a few days.Let's see if you can explain it to me:

First of all indicate that all night the values ​​are within the range ... from 80 to 115 approximately what, apparently, indicate that the slow one that I manage when I get up, threeiva, is well adjusted.That said, that it would be the first thing to review, it happens to me something that baffles me and that is that after each of the 3 intakes and its corresponding bolo of Humalog, post overviews at the perfect 2 hours, but at about 4 o'clock the 4 hoursValues ​​begin to rise to 170/180.That happens to me after breakfast and meals and without any contribution.In the dinners, it is much less significant, perhaps because of the lower quantities, and then all the perfect night.

Another curious thing is that at the time I put myself to exercise, in the morning, and after a post -rank post, my glucose shoots up to an hour after finishing the exercise and then it costs a lot to go down.Something that does without more exogenous insulin.

I already know about glucagon and exercise, but when carrying a "low car" bow.Above all, taking into account that, except water, I do not intake any food between hours.

Also, my insulin needs have risen since the arrival of winter: from 16 I have passed 18 from slow.And 3+3+2.5 quickly I have gone to 3.5+4+3.5.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 4:22 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

The fat and proteins upload you.There are two options:
- Rectify with fast insulin
- Upload the basal, without reaching night hypos, so that you absorb these fats of fat.

In my opinion a correct basal is what makes you get up well, without hypos or hyper on the way and that throughout the day between intakes keeps you stable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2023 6:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@wave the fat and proteins.There are two options:
- Rectify with fast insulin
- Upload the basal, without reaching night hypos, so that you absorb these fats of fat.

In my opinion a correct basal is what makes you get up well, without hypos or hyper on the way and that throughout the day between intakes keeps you stable.

The basal, discarded.Some nights I am already very close to the hypo.I see it when I get up in the Diabox register.
For what you indicate, it is what I am doing a few days.Rapid corrections.But I hble because I carry a very strict diet with respect to everything and above all, which until recently did not happen to me.

Today I am going to fold training without correction.Under now 50 'of Spinning to see what happens.I am in 161 and climbing.Let's see when it ends ..... thanks @ruthbia

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 6:37 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

At the end, with 1h 11 'of Aerobico has dropped 50 units.From 160 at the beginning of 110. Obviously, today bolus corrector has not been necessary, because in a while I will put the 2.5U for dinner.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 8:32 p.m.

Analyzing the data, I have a question:
The normal thing is insulin supply before intake.Some, because of your experience, let 20 or 30 minutes and even more.But in my case, with a very low diet in HC and almost all the energy comes from vegetables, protein (fish, turkey meat, chicken and sporadically beef or pork) with few fats, it would not be appropriate to do the opposite: delay the supplyInsulinic to coincide with the peak caused by proteins and fats.That is, injected after finishing the intake or in the dessert?

Let's see if someone illuminates me ...... because I have a mess ... :(

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 8:53 p.m.

Well, the sensor is key to this.You see the trend in it, that is, do not put insulin and observe when the arrow changes to climb (in Diabox you can put alarm to up or down the trend, depending on) you can learn what foods they go to blood flow before.
Also with insulin.You see when the arrow low without food and you see how your body reacts.

With these data you can know for your breakfast, food or dinner if you need insulin 30min before, or 10 or later or 2 bowling, one before and one later.

I don't know another way of learning how our body works.

And it gives that men do not suffer hormonal changes.But you would go crazy.😜

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2023 8:41 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When I started the low hydrates feeding, I did a several months and they told me that the best "fast" insulin for a low car food is the regular insulin PQ has a peak of action of about 5 hours (it is not fast as Humalog orNovorapid, and Fiasp is already ultra -stroke) and its effect is decreasing later to 8 hours and covers the fats and proteins that of course also go up later.The inconvenience is that for that you have to do strict low car and not to spend because you take more HC one day, that insulin will not cover you well.They also told me that two fast insulins could be mixed (with care and supervision with the sensor), eg the regular and the humalog, if one day you will spend a little HC, eg if you put on two thirty in lunch in lunch, then one and a half of Humalog and 1 of regular (first the rapid and then the regular, all at the same time), or correct yourself as you are doing, but at least three hours of the intake and not before.The regular is the Actrapid, that in Spain I think it is no longer sold in PQ roads is very old and was with syringe, and the one they sell is with the Innolet system, I do not know if you have ever seen it, it is like a clock.
I used it by alternating according to the food, at breakfast I had greater resistance and needed a more powerful action and put me Humalog, at lunch I mixed and covered fats and proteins Cdo finished Humalog's action, and at dinner I also put meMix and Tresiba when bedtime.
Then I stopped using it, it seems a bit cumbersome and I saw that with Humalog and playing with the half units, I was doing well but sometimes what is what it happens to you.The only difference with you is that I have much greater resistance to insulin at night that for the day so I have to have a very light dinner and not to go from PQ proteins if not, the Tresiba is so flat, that it does not cover.
I started the Tresiba in two, morning and night at approximately 12 h and I put the most at night because I have more resistance, in the morning I wear three and at night 12.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/31/2023 11:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.