{'en': 'Technology could mark a before and after in the treatment of diabetes', 'es': 'La tecnología podría marcar un antes y un después en el tratamiento de la diabetes'} Image

Technology could mark a before and after in the treatment of diabetes

fer's profile photo   01/05/2023 9:47 a.m.

Although the treatment of diabetes has improved a lot in recent years, especially with the use of continuous measurement systems, there is still much to improve and right now there are many companies that are developing new and effective solutions.

In the field of glucose monitoring, several companies are developing less invasive devices than traditional ones and that eliminate the need to perform puncture analysis on the finger.

Diamontech has developed a technology that uses an invisible infrared light beam to see the inside of its skin and count the glucose molecules.

Meanwhile, Medella Health is developing smart contact lenses capable of testing glucose levels in tears.The device can offer real -time glucose readings, sending the data to an application of your smartphone.

Similarly, various companies are developing solutions to improve the insulin delivery process.For example, Companion Medical, which was acquired by Medtronic in 2020, has developed a reusable intelligent insulin pen that uses Bluetooth technology to offer dose calculations and follow up.

Other companies such as Dreamed Diabetes and Capillary Biomedical have developed more complete solutions that offer both glucose control and insulin delivery systems based on algorithms.

Other disruptive companies are also working on new ways of treating diabetes.In the CRISPR field (gene edition), Crispr Therapeutics and Viacyte announced last year that the Canadian medical agency had approved its clinical trial application for VCTX210, a stem cell therapy edited by CRISPR designed to treat diabetes ofType 1 by improving insulin production.Genetic edition is considered one of the best possibilities to find a cure for the disease.

Microarn gene expression technology is another form of exploration phase technology.Rosvivo Therapeutics is developing a new treatment that uses microarn technology to reverse the pathology of type 2 diabetes. Its objective is to prevent diabetics from suffering the most common complications in the long term.

At present, areas of diagnosis, management and virtual attention are also developing great innovations.

In the field of diagnosis, Glyconics is creating a range of portable accessories that use infrared spectroscopy technology to diagnose the disease through changes in nail biomarkers.Regarding management, companies such as Fitterfly and Voted Health have developed digital therapies that help improve nutrition, physical exercise and behavioral habits to better control diabetes.

Finally, in the field of virtual attention, telemedicine platforms such as Teladoc Health have established specific diabetes care programs.

Together, technology is presented as decisive for the treatment of diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/05/2023 9:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I see myself peeling onions 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Medella Health is developing smart contact lenses capable of testing the glucose levels in tears

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2023 10:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

Medella Health is developing smart contact lenses capable of trying the glucose levels in tears

And who already has lenses for other things, does it put them on?: D: d

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/05/2023 11:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A lot of talk to hide the same as always.Infrared light to see blood glucose, that has been tested many times and nothing.A Boli with Bluetooth, often invention 🤣🤣🤣

The only thing that I see interesting, although distant is "Crispr Therapeutics and Viacyte announced last year that the Canadian medical agency had approved its clinical trial application for VCTX210, a stem cell therapy edited by Crispr designed to treat type 1 diabetesby improving insulin production "

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/05/2023 1:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Link
Link

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/05/2023 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Medella Health is developing smart contact lenses capable of testing glucose levels in tears

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Buenisimooooo !!@Ruthbia

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
01/05/2023 3:30 p.m.

palomilla said:
Link
Link

Very interesting these two links with the most hopeful investigations against type1 diabetes.

They say they are growing and modifying beta cells with CRISP technology so that when implementing them in diabetics they avoid the immune system without the need to encapsulate them.And quite successful.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/05/2023 5:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I see Crisp very distant, calculate about 20-25 years y

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/06/2023 12:04 a.m.

rogerix said:
I see it very far away, calculate about 20-25 years yPeel little by little

And what do you base yourself to make those pessimistic calculations?And even if that were the case, you don't care about the children who debut today and tell them that their diabetes will be forever?Seriously, this defeatist attitude in most diabetics despairs me.

I believe that if everything works well, if it is true that they have already managed to reject, it will be fast.At first it will be very expensive and exclusive, if you have to extract the stem cells of each patient and modify them.But if they get cells to serve everyone, it could lower quickly.

What has happened with previous encapsulated techniques and others is that they simply worked.The cells died, did not get oxygen, the body attacked them etc ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/06/2023 7:27 a.m.

@Sherpa41 do not see that they always discover any treatment for cancer and always end up giving you the same chemotherapy that is worse than cancer, this has the same have taken a thousand proposed things than if intelligent insulin than if stem cells never gets anything to fright andCaboor of the years, eeyy remember the stem cells they say .... nothing, I suppose a child who today of diabetes today tomorrow was cured with some invention of these, but the reality is that this disease from1921 has no cure, in addition there is an industry that nourishes diabetics

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/06/2023 1:16 p.m.

We cannot trust the articles of the press.They are "click bait" cheap sensationalism.They speak indistinctly of DB 1 and 2, confusing them.They suggest lines of research already discarded as if they were novel.Most are a string of meaningless stupidities.
You find articles about diabetes even in the brand.I have lost respect for journalism, they are mercenaries of advertising, without informative or scientific rigor.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/07/2023 5:24 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.