{'en': 'Doubts and more doubts', 'es': 'Dudas dudas y mas dudas'} Image

Doubts and more doubts

Moises_G's profile photo   02/02/2023 3:31 a.m.

Hello everyone, I briefly tell you.

In these end of the year parties, as many, I abused food, especially a delicious panettone with its frozen soda, it was a breakfast or a dinner in many days, and in recent years, I have been a regular consumer of soda, breads and breads andSimilar, everything was going well, until I started feeling certain discomfort in my left foot, a strange numbness that I had never felt, that only calmed with a tibia or cold water tub, just over 1 week I was like this, beating those symptomsThat way, until I am scared of diabetes and make the decision to buy me a glucometer.

It is worth mentioning that I have my father, 69, with DT2, diagnosed 10 years ago, so we began to measure sugar at different times of the day.

For my part 'I think' happily, I found nothing to worry, unless you.With their experience they tell me otherwise.
In a month, all my fasting measures, before 10am, were less than 95mg/dl, only one day I woke up with 102mg/dl, there were even days where, as a test, I took a normal soda glass (withSugar) and 20 minutes later, I went to 122mg/dl and 125mg/dl and in 45 minutes, normalize with values ​​below 100mg/dl, which I read, is considered as normal, even a relative of mine, did the same test and the same test andWe had very similar values.
So with this one -month evaluation, I consider that I am within normal, but, when I weight 91kg and size 1.70mts, I am on the way to lower whether or if we weight, at least up to 80 kilos at least.For which, from the first day of the year I change my eating habits as follows:

*Zero bread
*Normal soda zero (with sugar, except 3 days that I did the mentioned test)
*Zero normal rice, now only integral rice.
*Zero refined sugar (white or blonde), now only Stevia (d'A country, which I read, is one of the best)
*Consume more salads in my meals
*Consume grains, manís, raisins, almonds, sunflower seed and similar between meals.

Well, with these changes, in this month, 3 kg came down, since on January 1, I weighed 94kg and mainly I feel better of encouragement (knowing that any type of diabetes is) my physical condition is better, it seems to me thatIt was a good decision to make these changes.

Well, all this is for my part and except you.They tell me that there is something wrong, something weird, I would appreciate your comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why I register in this forum is to obtain information for my father, since these 10 years, he has fought his illness alone and only now that I worry about me, I manage to find out so many things that I am worried about.

My question in this first occasion is:

With how much sugar can a diabetic live with DT2 normally?

I briefly comment on their evolution.From January 1 to today, February 1.
1st week
*(fasting) had measures between 450mg/dl and 500mg/dl, which scares us and especially me, so I started reading a lot.
* After the 4th or 5th day, low on an empty stomach at 350mg/dl, but after eating, it was uploaded again.
* After meals 1 or 2 hours later, it continued almost with the same values, varied 10 or 20mg/dl
* Before sleeping, it also maintained similar values

2nd week
*(fasts) had measures between 350mg/dl at 450mg/dl
* After meals, it was climbed in approximately 50mg/dl.

3rd week
*(fasting) under considerably at 200mg/dl at 300mg/dl, there were even 2 days, which under 152mg/dl and 136mg/dl, which we are very happy.
* After eating 1 or 2 hours later, he was uploaded over 300mg/dl

4th week
*(fasts) has measures between 150mg/dl at 250mg/dl
* After eating 1 or 2 hoursThen, he was uploaded over 250mg/dl

Pdta: He has not taken any medication since years ago, they prescribed metformin, and when he had some high spikes, I try to take it, but the former gave nausea and stop doing so.

All this evolution was with a strict diet, based on salad and protein, and heavy exercise, honestly, he is boring, of this routine but understands that it is because of his health, as he tells me, he has lowered his sight a lot, which we thinkThat it is to carry very high sugar values ​​for several months, he always said that he took care of his diet and really did it, but not having glucometer, he only hoped that he ate better, but without knowing that it was not adequate foodThe one I had and only now, the note the difference of how I had to eat and what I ate before.
He measures 1.72mtrs, weighs 75kg and is 69 years old.

The doubts that arise are:

1.- So with all the necessary care what values ​​should reach, values ​​less than 100mg/dl?I mean a type 2 diabetic, what is your goal?

2.- Can you live with 500mg/dl of blood sugar for 6 months?Or did he run a huge danger to those months?

3.- He is currently not eating fruits, since he says, that fruits have some sugar/glucose and does not want to eat any fruit.that's good?

Excuse me throughout my message, but because it is my first publication, perhaps I had to explain the subject well so that they can help me fight this evil.Thank you thanks for your time to read my extensive message and even more, for your time to answer, to all, really thank you ..

Moises_G's profile photo
Moises_G
02/02/2023 3:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Moises_g: Accompany your father to the doctor and explore what you tell us here.Your father has uncontrolled sugar and that is nothing good.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/02/2023 8:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Of course, I agree with the last comment.Those values ​​that your father tell us are very high, the doctor must put a treatment to help him.Tell all this and he will know what to do.Don't delay it.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
02/02/2023 9:06 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

You have to go to the doctor now.They are very serious values ​​that cannot be controlled only with diet and exercise.And they can have very serious consequences if they are maintained.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/02/2023 10:50 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Those values ​​that you comment are to urgently go to an endocrine, I don't want to think how glycolsilada will be

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/02/2023 10:59 a.m.

With 500mg/dl and eating normal it is at risk of diabetic coma.
I entered with 365 and they did not let me eat for that reason until they lowered me to 140.

Ask for consultation with the doctor and endocrine.You can give you any diabetic stage of suddenly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/02/2023 8:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What the classmates indicate: Go to the doctor with him and that he derives the endocrine as soon as possible.In any case they have to do analytics to assess exactly the treatment.But don't leave it.It is a serious and urgent matter.I was about the diabetic coma because, without knowing it, I was training very strongly with some values ​​that the sensor was not able to read, I only indicated Higt when in consultation they measured my glucose.Fortunately nothing happened, but the risk was considerable.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/02/2023 9:07 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Moises_g, when you do the analytics to your father, look at the value of glucosylated hemoglobin, in well -controlled diabetes it has to be below 7. If it is in 8 or more, it is already very high and dangerous.
You will have to take the medication and diet that prescribes and get that glycosilada at a maximum of 7.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2023 1:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning everyone really served me their words and today gave results to my father.

They did several exams, urea, HDL, LDL, B12, and others, which according to doctor, happily, there is no serious damage yet.Even fasting glucose is below 150.

The high values ​​are precisely the one that you told me
Glycosylated hemoglobin = 12.1%
Highly high value and so the doctor, and the doctor for 3 months and every month, the exam must be performed again.I do not know if it is a good idea to share the information of the recipe, if necessary, they warn me to share it, that in the end, these forums are for it.

Now, to continue taking care and waiting for improvements in glycosilada.

A consultation of you who are much longer than me in this world, do you know some type of device, similar to glucometer, to measure glycosilad hemoglobin?

Link

These are some that I found, but they are from other countries.

I am from Peru and here, I only found something expensive more than S/ 2500 ($ 700), in these links I see others cheaper, I hope someone can give me some information about it.

Thank you!!

Moises_G's profile photo
Moises_G
02/13/2023 7:06 p.m.

I'm glad you have gone to the doctor.
There is nothing that sell at least here in Spain to measure glycosilada, we take control through blood glucose measures.He thinks that glycosilada is an average blood glucose of the last 3 months, so if the measured results are good, the average will be good.
With the results that you indicated of your father it was obvious that a very high glycosilada was going to come out.
Here in Spain some pharmacies measure it for a reasonable price, the same there in Peru TB.But if they are going to look at it every 3 months it does not make you even because it will be controlled.
(By the way, the freestyle sensor indicates a glycosilad but is not exact)
What medication have you put?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/13/2023 7:28 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

There are devices to measure glycosilada at home but they are quite expensive and at least I do not know anyone who uses them.The most economical thing is to click your finger several times a day with a glucometer and take your medication promptly.

And try to change your diet as much as possible.I lived several years in the Dominican Republic and the basis of food there was rice, bread, potatoes, empanadas ... I don't know if in Peru it will be the same but it may be like that, it should eat a little less than all this and increase the consumption of vegetables.

I hope it will improve !!

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/13/2023 7:46 p.m.

The glucometer gives the average of 15 days or 30, as programmed. A mean glucose value of 140 is equivalent to a glycosilada of 7
An average value of 120, is equivalent to a glycosilada of 6
If you do several controls a day, the glucometer can give a good average.
If not, in pharmacies.
One consultation every 3 months is very good tracking.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2023 8:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.