{'en': 'Insulin Abasaglar', 'es': 'Duda insulina abasaglar'} Image

Insulin Abasaglar

Sandman's profile photo   01/09/2023 7:01 p.m.

Good afternoon,

Let's see if you can help me with a problem that I am having with slow insulin.

I put it at eleven o'clock at night and every afternoon at about six or seven it starts to rise from 100-110 to 150-160.

Then at dinner time it is normal again, over 90-110.

I understand that at that time (six in the afternoon) the effect ends, about 19-20 hours from the setting.

Could anyone tell me how I could avoid those increases in the afternoon?

Maybe changing the time, but I don't know what time I could come better.

Let's see if someone who uses it can tell me how it puts it on.

Thank you.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/09/2023 7:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you put another unit and go down at night, it will better put it in the morning.
Anyway that climb is nothing worrying.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/09/2023 7:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use it and put it at 8'00AM, it covers me perfectly 24h.since the next day I get up between 80-100.At first they told me to put it at night, but I had hypos at dawn, since I put it in the morning, great.
I have been glycia at night or nights for 3 days, I get fast and it does nothing to me, I blame it for the premenstrual syndrome, not to not cover the slow one.Because although I go to bed low in the early morning.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/09/2023 7:47 p.m.

I also use it and put it in the morning, at 7.30.And I get up perfect, between 80 and 100 in general (it is already known that if I have spent at dinner sometimes I have risen higher, but it is not normal).They told me that I did not cover 24 hours but it covers them.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/09/2023 9:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, I'm going to try to put it in the morning.
How is it done to change the slow time?
Is it changed from one day to another and that's it?
Or do you have to do it little by little?I have no idea

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/10/2023 9:50 a.m.

@Santesteban, put half of the dose at night and the next morning the entire dose.
Controlling that day well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2023 12:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@santeban, half of the dose is put at night and the next morning the entire dose.

@Regina with "the whole dose" I understand that you mean the other half of the dose, right?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/10/2023 12:36 p.m.

Yes, that is split in 2.
Half today and the other half in the morning, for example.And then every day in the morning.

Keep in mind that around 7 or the body secretes glucose because yes, it does not happen to all but to the one that happens needs to correct quickly.It happens to me is seasons.

If you do not cover you 24h you will see it when lifting yourself, in this case there are two options, put a slow supplement at 12pm in the first dose, or change to another basal that covers 24h.(I have tried both and I keep the second option)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2023 2:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sandman said:
regina said:
@santesteban, put half of the dose at night and the next morning the entire dose.

@Regina with "the whole dose" I understand that you mean the other half of the dose, right?

My daughter made the change at night, putting half the dose at night, and the next morning the total dose of always, to cover her 24 hours.
It did very well like that, but controlling that day.
Anyway, consult your doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2023 2:29 p.m.

Well, they told me not to put me at night and the next morning I put on the complete dose, and the truth, that it did not go wrong to me the morning, but I see more sense to put on 1/2 and then 1whole ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/10/2023 3:50 p.m.

ruthbia said:
yes, that is split in 2.
Half today and the other half in the morning, for example.And then every day in the morning.

Keep in mind that around 7 or the body secretes glucose because yes, it does not happen to all but to the one that happens needs to correct quickly.It happens to me is seasons.

If you do not cover you 24h you will see it when lifting yourself, in this case there are two options, put a slow supplement at 12pm in the first dose, or change to another basal that covers 24h.(I have tried both and I keep the second option)

@Ruthbia The truth is that a nuisance.Right now it is starting to rise and I already planted easy all afternoon in 150-160, until at 9 or 9 and a half it returns to normal levels.

On January 26 I have an appointment with my endocrine.I will comment to see if it makes me one that covers me 24 hours.

Of the slow ones that cover 24 hours, which one is doing better?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/10/2023 6:12 p.m.

@Sandman as you have recently debuted, I don't think it's a 24h coverage problem.I used Lantus and then Levemir and during the first 2 years I covered me well, to the third my endocrine sent me to put the reinforcement, the large dose at night (10 units) and the memory at 12 o'clock (there were 2 units only),Thus he covered everything.
I got fed up and asked for one that covered me 24 hours and save a puncture, at the 4th/5th year I managed to go to Toujeo and for the moment I am going well, but there are other people with Tresiba who are delighted.
Eye!that there are people who change and then return to Lantus, Levemir or whatever.Not everything is worth everyone.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2023 6:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use toujeo, I put it at 7:30 in the morning and observe 2 patterns:
At 3 in the afternoon, downward trend.I don't care because it's time to eat and it is solved alone.
Between twelve o'clock at night and three in the morning, up 50 points, cease what I cease and go to me how I go to bed.I go to bed at 23:30 or 00:00 and, if I am with 140 I correct and avoid the high, but with 90 o100 I do not dare to correct.
If I upload a slow unit, I am axfisiada by the day, forcing myself to peck at undone.Anyway, I do not find the balance, I am a bit out of charge.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/10/2023 11:34 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Ensalada I put it with dinner, according to the day, but it is usually between 21: 30-23: 30.For the day I'm fine, I have no problems.I get up below 120mg/dl always and the night curve is flat, flat.

I climbed and the glycemia rises at about 2:00 or 3:00 if Ceno Grasas (they are my cross, the hydrates control them well but the fats for me are worse)

This week does not pass 100mg/dl at any time of day and night through the restrictive diet I am doing.I have glycemia of a healthy person, but it is slavery.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2023 8:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ENSALDA I PET TOOUGE IN THE MORNING (ABOUT 11:00).During the day I am fine, but sometimes about 7 pm or I see a tendency to the ascent (without having eaten anything).At night, my curve is flat.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/11/2023 12:22 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

When I started the treatment, it seemed to me that the 7:30 was a good time, because I put it on me before leaving home and we had less.At 21:30 it supposes that, if you go out, you have two insulin instead of one.What I did not imagine is that the effect was going to be different depending on the time you put it on.
The 2:00 or · 3: 00 may be related to dinner fats, I get more and more the delayed effect they have on glycemia.
Thank you @ruthbia and @carussa for sharing your guideline.I will continue trying to see if I find the balance

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/11/2023 4:42 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Now my daughter will start with Toujeo, it is also better to put it in the morning and the weekend can delay it?It lasts more than 24 hours?
If you go up in the afternoons, you take the opportunity to get quickly and snack something ... Let's see .., PQ is used to chopping something between hours with Lantus .., but now what you don't want are hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/11/2023 5:36 p.m.

Yes, if it lasts a 27 hours, so they say you can put it up to 3 hours later than the usual time.I never put it at the same time, I have the strip from 21:30 to 23:00 and I have not noticed anything.
If I leave I take all the insulins, the time does not matter.That told me in the debut and I do it by habit.
@Regina to my cost 1 month adjust it with respect to Levemir.I started with the same units and then went up and down several times.Now I am in 16 units but I have reached up to 24uds in weeks of high resistance for hormones, viruses, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2023 7:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Regina, you have as Ruth says a margin of a few hours.I put it at 2pm.Rare is the day that advance and delay, but in theory you can.
@Sandman, I wouldn't change the time.What you can are to try another insulin.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/11/2023 9:19 p.m.

Good morning, I have a doubt:
To determine the fasting glucose value in the morning to dose the slow, what value should it be taken?
Just when you get out of bed?After a few minutes?
An example: the alarm sounds.You get out of bed, look at you and you have 100. After dressing and cleaning you (past 5-10 minutes) you are 140.
I am talking about what happened to me this morning and many others.All night in values ​​of 95-100 and as I got out of bed being in 140 until now that I get to breakfast.
Does this usually happen to everyone or is it just my thing?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/13/2023 10:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.