{'en': "Hi, I'm new, I have a newly diagnosed teenage son", 'es': 'Hola soy nuevo, tengo hijo adolescente recién diagnosticado'} Image

Hi, I'm new, I have a newly diagnosed teenage son

katmandu25's profile photo   01/23/2023 1:33 p.m.

Hello, how are you Alberto, father of a teenager who has diagnosed him with type 1 diabetes this September.

The truth is that we are learning a lot and trying to deal with adolescence with the acceptance of the disease.

I can not complain because it is behaving like a champion, but surely here I find a lot of information that is going to do to me and hopefully with him to discharge him, because now we are in the negation phase, but everything will arrive.

Greetings to all!

katmandu25's profile photo
katmandu25
01/23/2023 1:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @katmandu25 welcome !!!

It is normal that it is in the negation stage, and who not in its place?At that age we want to be the same as our group, no differences, we dress the same, we like music, the same games, etc.Nobody wants to be the "weird."
And it is very difficult for you to understand, the more you try, the more it closes.

In these cases, I believe that the events that diabetics organizations do for adolescents help a lot, since they know other boys of their age in the same circumstances and normalize a bit of needing exogenous insulin.

Put an eye if you have any near where you live

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/23/2023 2:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Welcome @katmandu25 and much encouragement, that you will see how with time everything will be normalized.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/23/2023 2:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Welcome to the forum @Katmandu25.Everything you tell is normal, so you'll see how in a short time you are all much more adapted.I share the opinion of @ruthbia as to resort to some association of diabetics in the area where you live.They organize many activities for kids and that will encourage you a lot, sure.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/23/2023 3:18 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Welcome and go to the forum when you need it here there are people who are a well of wisdom of this disease

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/23/2023 3:28 p.m.

The normal thing is not to accept it, the strange thing would be for the diagnosis to accept with all his life ahead.But calm that will assimilate it long before you imagine.And with a little information and a quite willpower, it will in a short time normalize the new situation.

Now you will be the whole family in the stage of assimilation, understanding and learning.In the forum you will find an answer to many of the doubts.Something very important that it would be good having information: food and its consequences in good diabetological control.

He thinks you are stopping a product (insulin) and today, fortunately, we can complement what we lack.When this happens, each supply (prick) is a doses of life.

Courage, and don't open.You will see how everything adapts to the new situation.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/23/2023 4:20 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@katmandu25 welcome to the forum.Here we are to help us solve doubts to each other.

About denial, do not open yourself, think that I debuted three years ago, now I have 48, and there are still times that I do not believe it is diabetic.

Greetings and calm, which in the end can be perfectly cool.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/23/2023 6:13 p.m.

@katmandu25 welcome.Enter patience, adolescence is a complicated stage.I, just like @sandman I still wonder what I am diabetic?It seems that they are things that only happen to others.In this forum you will find a lot of very good information and selfless support that is very comforting

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/23/2023 8:15 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@katmandu25 I attest to it ... I have been with the disease, I am 46 years old, and with my age I am still in the phase of digesting ... I hope that little by little.They have always told me that the younger one is debuted sooner with it ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
01/24/2023 10 a.m.

The same thing happened to me as to most of which we debut already older (I with 47), which still a few years later we do not just believe it ...

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
01/24/2023 4:15 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.