{'en': 'How would you like the future as a person with diabetes?', 'es': '¿Cómo te gustaría que fuera el futuro como persona con diabetes?'} Image

How would you like the future as a person with diabetes?

fer's profile photo   02/08/2023 3:51 p.m.

I present my person (cat in the form), looking at the future, hoping that there is a better tomorrow for those who live together with diabetes.

Wishing that innovation in healglucose (hypoglycemia) ... let me be happy without thinking about anything other than enjoying and living the moment.

I invite you to add your hopes and desires for a better future as a person with diabetes in this thread.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/08/2023 3:51 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

B) I mean, a future without diabetes.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/08/2023 4:09 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

No diabetes or at least with a treatment that was not so slave.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/08/2023 4:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Without diabetes because it is a very stressful disease, and with many complications if you do not take care of yourself, so you advocated a cure as the only option, that there is a while ago but there are many interests in between.

dandy's profile photo
dandy
02/08/2023 8:34 p.m.

DM1 hace 7 años 18u de Toujeo y lo que venga de Novorapid 8-8-4
Hemoglobina glicosilada: 9,7% el 25/10/2022
Sin complicaciones.

Not being blind !!, if I lost sight I would throw myself into the sea ...

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
02/08/2023 10:28 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Knowing that a cure will never arrive, at least for now.I would ask that insulin bombs were had all patients and also with an intelligent action insulin so fast that it injects us insulin on demand without the need to take into account glycemic index, portions, etc.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
02/08/2023 10:41 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

Ideally, they would find how to cure diabetes, but as long as they investigate it would not be bad for specialized care centers to diabetics as in Denmark for example.

That politicians spend the day spending money on nonsense and always taking certain European countries as a model when they are interested, but at the time of truth nothing at all.

"The Five Danish Steno Diabetes Centers", look for that video on the Novo Nordisk Foundation channel of YouTube.This is what we should have here and what we should demand.

Then they wonder why the Spaniards do not want to pay taxes, normal if you give me half of what you should give me for my taxes because you will tell me where the business is.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/08/2023 10:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With an automatic pump or better a beta cell implant.
And, if not enough, with medication to avoid excess glucosylation and avoid complications.
And live calmly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2023 4:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As a cure there will not be, I would settle for a bomb that can carry both hormones: insulin and glucagon and be administered on demand for blood glucose detection, without having to count rations when eating, that is,The closest thing to having a healthy organ, even if it is external.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/10/2023 10:42 a.m.

Idem.As a total healing I do not expect it, an artificial pancreas that self -managed.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/10/2023 2:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Diabetes will one day be cured, but certainly for those who suffer it, I think it is more realistic to trust that there are technological advances to achieve its total control.

The oral insulin that was in phase 3 of investigation seems that this month the company announced that it had failed and does not work.

I believe that the future is that they manage to develop an insulin that applies 1 time every 15 days or something.Or perhaps a therapy combined with some medication that achieves this in some way.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/10/2023 2:38 p.m.

No diabetes

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
02/10/2023 2:53 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Hello everyone.A world without diabetes hahaha!That day will never arrive too many economic and pharmaceutical interests involved I have been waiting for the cure 39 years.I am satisfied that I am injected with beta cells every 6 months and I can make a normal life eating what I feel like it and without being aware of anything and that it is fast because I run out of time or for those who come behind.This would have to be a reality already.Technology has improved my life a lot but we want more.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
02/12/2023 12:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.