{'en': 'Prediabetes hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Prediabetes hipoglucemia'} Image

Prediabetes hypoglycemia

gemmamar's profile photo   02/15/2023 11:42 a.m.

Hello good,

I write to receive advice, I had gestational diabetes to control with diet, 5 years later I suffer hypoglycemia, minimum levels 40 mg/dl.

I have never detected hyperglycemia, I am not insulin -dependent.

I have to drive and I have already had scares.

I follow strict diet, slow absorption hydrates, protein..etc.

Can anyone give me advice to help me control the levels?

Thank you!

gemmamar's profile photo
gemmamar
02/15/2023 11:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is not prediabetes (which does not exist) you have a deficiency in the pancreas that generates more insulin.Go to the doctor and have tests.I know another person the same.
It carries glucose, candies, sugar or whatever with you to recover carbohydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/15/2023 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Look for a good endocrine that investigates the cause and is not limited to telling you what Ruthbia has already told you

If you are not diabetic and you produce insulin in excess that must be seen well, because any day you can give you severe hypoglycemia and it is no small thing.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/15/2023 12:36 p.m.

Do you think the sensor would be positive in my situation?My endocrine believes no, that by the delay in the blood-interstitial balance it does not work for me.I believe that at least I could let me know at the beginning of the descent to avoid important declines.I am valuing to buy it, but if it wouldn't help me it would be to throw money, so I don't know very well what to do.

Thank you for the tips, I will ask for second opinion 🙂

gemmamar's profile photo
gemmamar
02/20/2023 9:53 p.m.

gemmamar said:
do you think the sensor would be positive in my situation?My endocrine believes no, that by the delay in the blood-interstitial balance it does not work for me.I believe that at least I could let me know at the beginning of the descent to avoid important declines.I am valuing to buy it, but if it wouldn't help me it would be to throw money, so I don't know very well what to do.

Thank you for the tips, I will ask for second opinion 🙂

It may serve you.Realize that several minutes before reaching hypoglycemia levels, the trend arrow will notify you that it is going down.

With diabox every minute he reads and you see it.You can also put an alarm to let you know if the blood glucose is going too fast, so you are controlling it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/21/2023 9:37 a.m.

I believe that what they don't feel like is to finance it .... They should do it at least until they know why that happens to you and your problem is solved .... Do not stop insisting, some diagnosis you have to have.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/21/2023 3:33 p.m.

Cassie said:
I think that what they don't feel like is to finance it .... they should do it at least until they know why that happens to you and your problem is solved ... noYou stop insisting, you have to have one diagnosis.

Good, I understand that they do not finance it because you have to mark priorities, but I think they could explain well if it is useful in my case or they are not that between the financing.

gemmamar's profile photo
gemmamar
02/25/2023 1:20 p.m.

The only thing that occurs to me to tell you is that if you can economically buy one and try if it is useful.
You see no, then that's it.Yes, then you are already hooked on the subject, like me.I bought one to try and until today.Anyway my case is different, I am an insulin -dependent diabetic.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/25/2023 4:09 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.