{'en': 'Amish and type1 diabetes?', 'es': '¿Amish y diabetes tipo1?'} Image

Amish and type1 diabetes?

Sherpa41's profile photo   02/16/2023 2:20 p.m.

I have always been very interested in the theme of Amish and their life without technology.

But I've been looking for and I can't find how the Amish who have type1 diabetes do.

Do you accept to put insulin?

Do you accept to use gluucetries?

I imagine that of pumps and sensors we do not speak.

I have searched in Google but all tickets are of articles saying that they have a "special genetics" that makes them little prone to diabetes.But I imagine some will be.

Does anyone know anything?

Thank you,

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/16/2023 2:20 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, those have natural selection, if any child dies is by divine design, nor do they know what.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/16/2023 5:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No idea of ​​what they will do but as Regina says I would bet that most do not even find out.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/16/2023 5:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My mother ... He has given me a bit on the subject ... and it turns out that I have found this news:

A mutation in the Amish protects them from diabetes and extends their life

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/16/2023 5:45 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
my mother ... has given me a bit on the subject ... and it turns out that I have found this news:

Link

It seems to me a total and absolute failure of current medicine.Than those who live outside live much more and more healthy.

And that of a "genetic mutation that protects them" sounds like a cheap excuse to not accept that simply living in natural environments, without pesticides, without plastics, with hardly toxic, because they obviously live much better.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/16/2023 8:21 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, I don't believe it much.My grandmother lived until 99, without diseases.He died by age.The circumstances was exhausted by wear and was not Amish 😄

But we are going that Jehovah's Witnesses are worse, they end up in court because they prefer death to any treatment for their children.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/16/2023 8:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sherpa41 said:
fer said:
my mother ... has given me a little google on the subject ... and it turns out that I have found thisnews:

Link

It seems to me a total and absolute failure of current medicine.Than those who live outside live much more and more healthy.

And that of a "genetic mutation that protects them" sounds like a cheap excuse to not accept that simply living in natural environments, without pesticides, without plastics, with hardly toxic, because they obviously live much better.

I believe that food is one of the great keys.We eat a lot of processed, all of us: canned drinks, snacks, protein bread, boat sauces, sausages, etc., etc.This is not.And whoever has a natural diet I think will be much healthier.And more in an environment of nature.
The only thing is that formerly ate better but life expectancy was less, so other things of progress (medical advances) do help.
@Ruthbia
I have a well -known Jehovah's witness and what they refuse is to blood transfusions, not to any treatment.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/16/2023 9:15 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Sherpa, I don't know how Amish without antibiotics, or vaccines are fixed ... before they existed, half of the children died, and the one who reached 50 was already old.
No matter how natural life they have, bacteria and viruses are very natural as well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2023 3:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@sherpa, I don't know how the amish without antibiotics, or vaccines are fixed .. before they existed, half of the children died, and the one who reached 50He was old.
No matter how much natural life they have, bacteria and viruses are very natural too.

I would also like to know.They say they sometimes make exceptions and accept unnatural medicines.But I don't find specific cases.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/17/2023 10:20 a.m.

@isabelbota in the USA a few months ago there were some who did not want transfusions or treatment of any kind.I guess in the end will depend on each nucleus.
Others in UK had the son connected, dead, to a machine and did not want to disconnect it.The hospital proceeded by judicial.

But the Amish I don't believe it very much because they interact with Non-Amyr, it looks a lot in movies, so if they receive viruses like others.Another thing is that they eat healthier and live without stress and that helps to have the immune system better.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/17/2023 3:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I also believe that children with diseases in which natural remedies (such as DT1) do not work and they are supposed to accept it as something divine as Regina said.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/01/2023 8:58 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.