{'en': 'Has anyone experienced these symptoms?', 'es': 'Alguien ha experimentado estos síntomas?'} Image

Has anyone experienced these symptoms?

wonderland's profile photo   02/23/2023 5:40 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

I read you several months, stunned between incompressible medication and glycemia measurements.

Today I dare to tell you my symptoms because in the health center they do not want to listen to me anymore and I have 1 month until analytical and appointment with endocrinology ...

In November after an episode of stress, I am detected glycemia values ​​in range 245-300 and high blood pressure values.

I was with 3 media 850mg metformin pills at the main meals.I go out with toujeo insulin (12u) and metformin-sigliptin (1000-50mg) breakfast and dinner and corresponding to arterial hypertension.

Since then I have changed all my diet and I have started daily physical exercise (6km or 15000 steps, I just started strength exercises), weight loss 14 kg and I can have blood cell values ​​below 150-160 postprandial, 130-140 on an empty stomach with 2850 mg metformin pills (breakfast).

And I don't need my hypertension pills.

But several days during the morning I notice rare symptoms: anxiety, urgent need to eat, discomfort in the neck ...

The blood glucose rises without eating food and is lower postprandial.I have heavy digestions with many gases.

And my best moment of the day is in the afternoon, 18-20h walking or doing weights before the metformin pill of the night and dinner.

I do not understand if the morning metformin dose is suddenly excessive or if my liver/pancreas have begun working better, I am less insulin resistant, etc.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms?

The weight loss is very close to the famous 15 kg of the British Direct Study of the diabetes remission, but I doubt that this fate could have.

I thank you for the answers.

wonderland's profile photo
wonderland
02/23/2023 5:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know, postprandial above 100 is not normoglycemia.
A non -diabetic person is usually between 60 and 100.
I see no remission in the data, I see a disbetes with treatment.Wait for the endocrine, maybe the medication changes you

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2023 7:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Wonderland, I also got a lot of weight and began to have quite decent glycemia levels.In fact, I am giving normal and postprandial values ​​around the cut of 140 if as rice or pasta.

Anyway, although so far I had not commented it, I suspended the medication 2-3 weeks to treat me another story and I could maintain them during those days.Which leads me to think that self -knowledge and do an intensive nutrition course reading and reading tons of information also.

I believe that slimming does have a positive effect for type 2 (in general, there are cases and cases already ...) but we no longer get rid of diabetes.I took that illusion one day that I compared with my brother a postprandial after eating rice and his was almost half that mine (and it went to 1 hour if the memory does not fail me).There I understood how generous that 140 postprandial that usually indicate the tables.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/23/2023 7:45 p.m.

Do not dream of Normaglycemia, dream of some well -being, with less daily discomfort, with some control of blood glucose ... I am trying to understand to improve and I do not get it.It is true that measuring constantly an analytical parameter so sensitive and dependent on an infinity of other parameters drives me crazy.And stress affects: S!And although I have a lot of questions I have not received medical answers others that: Upload the insulin units (when they prescribed it) or start taking Rybelsus, you will see that everything will be fixed.It seems that insulin was not essential and with Rybelsus I had acute pancreatitis and 5 weeks of Calvary to eliminate it from the body ....

wonderland
02/23/2023 8:05 p.m.

The same needs basal insulin in addition to fast and forget about metformin

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2023 8:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Wonderland I with insulin through the middle I dare to comment much because I have no idea of ​​the matter ...

Are you type 1 or 2?The only thing I can tell you is that they diagnosed me with 268 glucose and also arterial hypertension, and to me no doctor who has seen me told me anything about insulin.From there it happened what I have already told, I began to lose weight and try to understand how I could improve my diet and 268 I have gone between 90-110 on an empty stomach and postprandial I usually walk between 110 and 140-150 according to whatWhat eats

Fasting glucose looks to see if you can get it down early and limit hydrates.Personally I am doing well, it is what I do and on an empty stomach I give normal or almost.Swirle spinach tortilla, fresh avocado cheese, salads, chicken sauteed vegetables, mushrooms with tofu and a little balsamic vinegar cream, fish canned, some yogurt ...

Hydrates leave them for breakfast and food mainly.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/23/2023 8:53 p.m.

I am type 2, since July 2018. And to me after this episode they gave me toujeo 12 U and metformin-sigliptin (2 pills) a day.As I have started a low diet in HC and physical exercise, lowering weight, I have not needed insulin.And I have changed the medication again to metformin.
I infinitely appreciate the tips of the dinners.I can't have dinner very early, but I always have light things like the ones you mention.And I've been under 130 on an empty stomach.Things get out of time for breakfast .... with a pill of metformin 850 mg and a very little copious breakfast (1 integral toast with avocado and tomato, some lean protein).During the morning I have palpitations, anxiety, need to eat several times and end up half a biting almost every 3 hours ... and the values ​​of medium crazy blood glucose every little time.Everything calms down just before dinner, between 18 and 20h ... with sport.And unfortunately I need to work many more years and I can't be like a flan for hours ... Thank you all!

wonderland
02/23/2023 9:09 p.m.

The tremors and lack of control are for meals in which you do not use fast insulin.Toujeo is basal and metformin also in a certain way.
Notes down and eat, as the basal does not control your peak, you are high and you are well in the afternoon because you burn it with exercise.
Your only solution will be given the endocrine with fast and basal insulin.Possibly your body does not generate almost insulin, for this you need to measure the C peptide, the pancreatic reserve.Until then you must control the hydrates and if you are anxious, take a candy or 15G of sugar, if you eat more, the blood glucose will upload a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2023 10:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@wonderland, yes, I also think like @ruthbia, it seems that you have hiccup symptoms, then you eat and go up.
Look to see what the glucometer marks when you have that anxiety and hunger, if you are low take a juice and measure again at 15 minutes, maybe you don't need to eat more.
You have to study how everything affects you
If you wake up with hypoglycemia symptoms, you will have to lower the toujeo a little.
Do not be overwhelmed, that you have a lot of time to adjust the treatment, and they will have to do you analytics to diagnose the type of diabetes well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2023 2:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.