{'en': 'Low hydrates diet', 'es': 'Dieta baja en hidratos'} Image

Low hydrates diet

belen's profile photo   01/30/2023 1:20 p.m.

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a low hydrates diet?

How many grams of hydrates do you eat up to day?

Thank you!

belen's profile photo
belen
01/30/2023 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I usually follow it, I say soil because sometimes I am still strict.
Not as more than 40-50 g of HC per day.
Not like pasta or rice or potatoes or white bread.
The potatoes I have observed that they do not upload me as soon as a small amount so ever as with vegetables and meat.
As legumes a cacito once a week, such as fruits that are not very sweet: some acidic orange, kiwi, in summer peach or plum not very mature, and red fruits that are strawberries, cherries, raspberries and blueberries.
Then fish, meat, vegetables and eggs.
For breakfast I buy a low bread in HC or sometimes as Greek yogurt with red fruits and nuts.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/30/2023 1:32 p.m.

Without serving as an apology, just for you to have information, I recommend reading the publications of Dr. Richard Bernstein with respect to diabetes, its operation and low -food mechanism, commonly called "Low Carb".Since I was diagnosed and discovered, I try to follow enough of the recommendations given there.Without radicalisms, of course.If one day I feel like a whim, then I give it to me without more.

In my case, I sacrifice to eat everything that felt like a lower need for exogenous insulin.And that happens to control the intake of carbohydrates.An option as valid as any other.

I agree a lot with the food indicated by @meginer in your response.Only one note: the potato, after cooking it, if you keep it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours it causes its glycemic load when eating it is significantly lower.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 3:49 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

In case you were interested, there is a group on Facebook called "Diabetes low in hydrates" where you will find a lot of information about it.Also with food tips.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/30/2023 3:52 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

belen said:
Can anyone recommend me a low hydrates diet?How many grams of hydrates do you eat a day?Thanks

10 rations or less, Low Carb is considered
5 rations is the point between Vary Low Carb and Keto
& lt; 5 Keto

It depends a lot on the needs of the person, a person who makes 100km of bike a day is not the same as one who is totally sedentary .. everything is consistent with the needs and that of 100% of your diet you distribute the hydrates by 20%More than telling rations as I told you above for commenting "the standard."

If you want to do it well, nutritionist you save time and desire in health

marine's profile photo
marine
01/30/2023 4:05 p.m.

wave said:
In case you were interested, there is a Facebook group called "Diabetes low in hydrates" where you will find a lot of information about it.Also with food tips.

wave said:
In case you were interested, there is a Facebook group called "Diabetes low in hydrates" where you will find a lot of information about it.Also with food tips.

wave said:

thank you

belen's profile photo
belen
01/31/2023 9:40 a.m.

marine said:
belen said:
Can anyone recommend me a low diet in hydrates?How many grams of hydrates do you eat a day?Thanks

& lt; 5 Keto

It depends a lot on the needs of the person, a person who makes 100km of bike a day is not the same as one who is totally sedentary .. everything is consistent with the needs and that of 100% of your diet you distribute the hydrates by 20%More than telling rations as I told you above for commenting "the standard."

that is, more or less are 100gr of hydrates that you have to eat up to date to be a low hydrates diet

belen's profile photo
belen
01/31/2023 9:41 a.m.

Less less ... between 50 and 60 g of HC.
Keto is less than 30g.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2023 10:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

belen said:
marine said:
belen said:
belen said:
Can anyone recommend me any low diet in hydrates?How many grams of hydrates do you eat a day?Thanks

& lt; 5 Keto

that is, more or less are 100gr of hydrates that you have to eat up to date to be a low diet in hydrates

Quite less than 100

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/31/2023 7:01 p.m.

For all, and especially for @ruthbia and @meginer

marine's profile photo
marine
02/01/2023 9:34 a.m.

marine said:
for all, and especially for @ruthbia and @meginer

thank you

belen's profile photo
belen
02/01/2023 9:49 a.m.

@Marine The endocrine with which I make the diet made it clear that Keto is less than 30g, the famous Dr Bernstein also says that 30g;Low in hydrates is between 60-40g, and normal superior to130g which are what they give you in the debut diets, at least the diets gave them to me all.
It is considered that 130g of HC is the minimum that the brain and muscles need a day to be well for that traditional endocrine are frightened if you eat less than 13 portions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/01/2023 8:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@marine the endocrine with which I make the diet I make it clear that Keto is less than 30g, the famous dr Bernstein also says that 30g;Low in hydrates is between 60-40g, and normal superior to130g which are what they give you in the debut diets, at least the diets gave them to me all.
It is considered that 130g of HC is the minimum that the brain and muscles need a day to be well for that traditional endocrine are frightened if you eat less than 13 portions.

Well, I think it is impossible to have a good gyped and little glycemia variability if you eat so many hydrates, it is totally impossible.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/01/2023 9:04 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@marine the endocrine with which I make the diet I make it clear that Keto is less than 30g, the famous dr Bernstein also says that 30g;Low in hydrates is between 60-40g, and normal superior to130g which are what they give you in the debut diets, at least the diets gave them to me all.

You will always see a strip, especially because Low Carb is not a fixed number of portions but rather a percentage within the macro of your diet .. example

A person with 4000kcal daily and you put 20% of hydrates is not the same as another person who consumes 2000kcal and in both cases it would be lowcarb but in each the amount of hydrates is different ...

And I simply wanted you to see that because there is not a unique answer, that the agenda is also updated and that has been done by Serafin Murillo that is type 1 diabetic and nutritionist working at the Vall d'Hebron hospital

marine's profile photo
marine
02/01/2023 9:59 p.m.

You are right @marine Every person and body is a world.I enter cetosis with 30g but I am sedentary, another very active person enters 50g.
@Meginer Comiento Many hydrates need a lot of insulin and know your body very well and when to put the insulin, replace and exercise varied to compensate.

In my experience with my Endocrine of the SS, she learns from the results of low hydrates diets.4 years ago he told me not to eat less than 13 rations and blah, blah, blah and after the diet low and seeing my data, he tells me to continue.(I went for insurance to another endo)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/02/2023 6:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What do you eat in any day?

belen's profile photo
belen
02/02/2023 9:26 a.m.

belen said:
what do you eat in any day?

I usually have low bread in HC, like about 35-40 g with butter and jam
Without sugar and with a coffee with little milk, in total I do not think it reaches 10 g of HC.
For lunch depends on the day, but it is usually a plate of vegetables or salad and meat or fish, with dessert a rather acidic girl or yogurt or gelatin.One day or two per week, colo legumes, lentils or chickpeas a saucepan and with vegetables and is a unique dish.
Not merging, for dinner soil or puree of vegetables with egg or fish, sometimes a soup, and strawberries or red fruits.
They are usually light dinners if not, I get the glycemia at dawn.
I do not usually eat paste or rice or white bread.
In total at most 40-50 g of HC daily

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/02/2023 10:45 p.m.

during the week
a large bowl of tea raised
Breakfast at 11: a ration and a half
An egg (French iron or omelette) 3 cherry tomatoes some lettuce or canons or arugula, curing or ham or laconate, avocado, two slices of protein bread and a coffee with milk
or a protein bread sandwich with smoked salmon, or sardines in vinegar, or lacon and cheese and, whatever, add some lettuce, cucumber in vinegar and/or avocado + coffee with milk with milk
Food: between 1 and 3 rations
a) Salad or roasted vegetables with grilled chicken or grilled meat
b) Legumes
c) Fish with raws and humus
d) "Illustrated-Unique" Salad with vegetables, legumes and some protein, good cheese or ham or anchovies, etc.
For dessert, as the food has been the food, nuts or yogurt with a pair of strawberries or 6 or 7 blueberries.Infusion (you or mint or something rich of sugar-free tea-shop) two ounces of black chocolate 85% (my magnesium supplement)
Not merging, unless I go out to do sports and go down to 80, so I take a banana or a tangerine
Dinner: between 1 and 3 rations
Cooking cream or cooked vegetables (I don't feel raw at night) or gazpacho or soup (without noodles)
Egg if I did not have breakfast or some cheese, natural turkey breast, Lacon (I am very lazy to take fresh food at night, I know that my option is not the healthiest).
Roibos and another ounce of black chocolate
I do not take rice, pasta or flours, once potatoes but cooked the day before to form resistant starch.
Basically I try to stay below 10 rations HC/ day, whenever I do not have to correct any hypo, always related to physical activity.
The weekend scatter a little

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/03/2023 11:07 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
during week
a large bowl of tea raised
Breakfast at 11: a ration and a half
An egg (French iron or omelette) 3 cherry tomatoes some lettuce or canons or arugula, curing or ham or laconate, avocado, two slices of protein bread and a coffee with milk
or a protein bread sandwich with smoked salmon, or sardines in vinegar, or lacon and cheese and, whatever, add some lettuce, cucumber in vinegar and/or avocado + coffee with milk with milk
Food: between 1 and 3 rations
a) Salad or roasted vegetables with grilled chicken or grilled meat
b) Legumes
c) Fish with raws and humus
d) "Illustrated-Unique" Salad with vegetables, legumes and some protein, good cheese or ham or anchovies, etc.
For dessert, as the food has been the food, nuts or yogurt with a pair of strawberries or 6 or 7 blueberries.Infusion (you or mint or something rich of sugar-free tea-shop) two ounces of black chocolate 85% (my magnesium supplement)
Not merging, unless I go out to do sports and go down to 80, so I take a banana or a tangerine
Dinner: between 1 and 3 rations
Cooking cream or cooked vegetables (I don't feel raw at night) or gazpacho or soup (without noodles)
Egg if I did not have breakfast or some cheese, natural turkey breast, Lacon (I am very lazy to take fresh food at night, I know that my option is not the healthiest).
Roibos and another ounce of black chocolate
I do not take rice, pasta or flours, once potatoes but cooked the day before to form resistant starch.
Basically I try to stay below 10 rations HC/ day, whenever I do not have to correct any hypo, always related to physical activity.
The weekend scatter a bit

Thank you very much, so I'm taking ideas

belen's profile photo
belen
02/03/2023 11:50 a.m.

I have been doing a very low diet in hydrates for a few weeks.What has me amazed is that slow is almost enough to cover the intakes;I barely use fast.And what has me even more crazy is that I avoid the hypos doing an hour of sport every day.Of course, it is not aerobic, but of strength.I get the glycemia and then go down so that I can stay in rank.
At night not even an alarm of the sensor sounds, how to sleep from the pull!The Alba effect has disappeared and just when I'm going to get up, the low alarm sounds.Low!And I can have breakfast a couple of coffees with almond milk (the landowner that is almost water) and half banana with a fast unit at the time or hour and a half of having finished.At lunch a couple of fast units and at dinner a unit or none.
The truth is that it is a pass, but it requires a lot of discipline and I do not know if I can keep it in the long term.
Let's see how the analysis comes out.The same is good to control diabetes, but I am annoying other values.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
02/03/2023 1:01 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.