{'en': 'Low diet in HC or Keto diet?', 'es': 'Dieta baja en HC o dieta Keto?'} Image

Low diet in HC or Keto diet?

Romano57's profile photo   02/06/2023 12:31 p.m.

Starting to change my food habits and since I do not have much time (no desire) to cook I was considering buying the food in a catering.

The fact is that the one that calls me the most is a so -called "nococinomas.com", but the doubt assaults me since it has a low diet in HC and a Keto diet, which seems to be also similar.

The question and doubt that I have is, which one do you think would best adapt to this situation?

Thank you!

Romano57's profile photo
Romano57
02/06/2023 12:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I encourage you to cook.It is the only way to know what you are eating (amount of hydrates, proteins, fats, ...) and assure you that the ingredients you use are quality.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
02/06/2023 3:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I skipped at the endocrine and asked directly

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 8:06 p.m.

I skipped the endocrine and asked directly to a nephrologist with 30 years of experience in a first -level hospital located in a large Spanish city.

Download carbohydrates well but without radicalism, upload proteins to compensate no longer so well.

It does not necessarily have to affect renal health but they are ballots that one is buying if hydrates down to compensate with proteins.

What I am trying is to lose the greatest possible weight for my body to demand less calories.I have lowered the carbohydrates but I do not think it is even in what is called low carba right now.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 8:17 p.m.

@Karl85 In the Keto diet the fats are raised not proteins.Proteins should be calculated by the person's weight (kg that should weigh more or less in case of obesity) and physical activity, and then hydrates and fats are adjusted.High protein diets are something else.The problem is that most people (including doctors) have no idea of ​​nutrition and much less Keto diets.They think he is swelling to flesh and bacon and not at all.It can be done in many ways but a Keto diet includes varied vegetables, meats, fish and eggs and healthy fats.Another thing is the shit they take on TV when they talk about these diets that are always people eating fillets and bacon at all hours and do not prove the green.That is carnivorous diet, which is fine in certain cases to heal the intestine, but it is normal for a time to improve and then vegetables are reintroduced.The carnivorous diet is another way of making a very extreme and restrictive Keto diet that good professionals only apply in cases of people who feel bad almost everything they eat because they have the fatal intestine.If you are not at that point, it is not necessary at all and you can make a keto full of vegetables, with some red fruits, nuts, low dairy in HC ... It allows enough variety.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/07/2023 8:21 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello Yesssica_a I understand what you comment.I really have not referred to the Keto diet, I have only written what a nephrologist told me when I asked him in general about the food in my case (I did not ask about Keto or told me about Keto specifically).But you are right that I have been a bit "fast fingers" and I have not specified enough, I read in the title "Diet low in HC ..." and there I stop.

It may be that the I ask for these issues he already intuited where he was going to be a man with overweight and age of crushing in the gym, and he focused on warning me that climbing proteins to the kidney is not doing well.He told me nothing and I don't know much beyond that there are doctors who support Keto and doctors who say otherwise.

I know that the thread may not be of this exactly but hey, it never hurts to change protein hydrates is not a good idea.As proteins say they are calculated according to weight, the ideal is 0.8 grams per normal weight (overweight is not counted), which for most people suppose about 55-65 grams per day.But almost nobody fulfills this I believe, and up to 1 gr by kg, nothing happens either.

From 1 gr per kilo, if you are not an athlete or goes to the gym, it is not a good idea to raise proteins.Is something going to happen to you if you go up a little more?Well, not necessarily, but they are ballots that one buys.And there is the problem that many people have only meat, fish and egg as a protein, so they usually eat more than they believe themselves.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/07/2023 11:57 a.m.

Thank you for your opinions, but I have no will or want to cook by calculating the grams of this and the other.I would lie if I said I'm going to do it.I have no obesity and I usually exercise.I think I will opt for the diet they call "for diabetics" and I will study how I feel according to the dishes they do, that some look very good.To try .....

Romano57's profile photo
Romano57
02/07/2023 1:06 p.m.

Romano57 said:
Thank you for your opinions, but I have no will or want to cook calculating the grams of this and the other.I would lie if I said I'm going to do it.I have no obesity and I usually exercise.I think I will opt for the diet they call "for diabetics" and I will study how I feel according to the dishes they do, that some look very good.To try .....

@Romano57
I understand you perfectly.I don't cook practically either.I have a homemade meal site next to it, which cook really homemade, and cheap, where I buy potajes and other things such as stuffed eggplants, salad, garrisons, etc.By the way they make a very good lasagna that goes up very little.
Fish and flesh do cook it.Ah, and the sweets without hydrates that I do from time to time.
I live alone and it is not worth cooking, I think I would get more expensive.And I am studying oppositions, so time is gold.And cooking takes time.
Regarding what you asked about the type of menu because it is a matter of trying.Start with diabetics and if you do well and it's good, ok, and if you don't try others to see how.You tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/07/2023 4:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Romano57 I tell you what I did: it begins with the reduction of simple hydrates, which climb quickly ... bread, pastries, juices, rice and if you have a sensor then you see how the banks evolve.Hydrates we always eat, vegetables, legumes (more), milk, fruit ....... have them .......

You have to take into account, also, that proteins and fats, after the intake continue to influence glucose rise in the case of the former until 4 hours and 5 in the second.And that nobody explained to me.I did pre and post overview and if it came out on margins so happy.And then the glycosilada sang the truth.To all this helps, very much, the one you have a sensor.

To me, as information about food, a group helped me a lot in the FACE that is "Diabetes low in hydrates".

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/07/2023 7:45 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Romano57 It is not necessary to weigh things or calculate grams of anything, I tell you a little as I do so you can see that it is simple.It is easier for that once or less knowing what each food has.I use the following:
- In all the meter of protein ration (in my case animal the majority).Meat, fish and eggs are the ones that have the most.But also cheeses and yogurts and some plant foods (I only have it in what if as legumes or similar that have enough protein).
- Complement with ration of vegetables or salad that I vary
- Sometimes dessert as something also as a small fruit or a yogurt.This depends on the hunger and the amount I have eaten on the above.Most of the time I am full with the above.
- Occasionally like things with more hydrates such as a cooked (a few chickpeas and a lot of accompaniment, some legumes or low hydrates paste with a lot of accompaniment of vegetables and minced meat, Low Carb pizza, etc.).And I also do a dessert Keto or a timely day as a normal one.For example, take a cheese is all the ingredients and put in the oven (in 10 minutes you have a cake for the whole week).Use erythritol to sweeten in these cases.
- The fat because the one carried by the protein foods themselves (La Filete, fish, etc.) and the one used to cook and things that complement the dish such as cheese, sausages, avocado, nut
The size of the portions is based on my appetite, as 2 times a day normally and the days I train 3 because I am more hungry.They are abundant meals until I am satiated and spend many hours without being hungry again.And I am now giving breastfeeding, which gives me more hunger.
Cooking depends on what you want, you can do something grilled and a salad or a super elaborate dish.You can also cook one day for the whole week, I prepare food for 3 for the whole week in 2-3 hours.We repeat the same for several days but I do not have time during the week and it is what there is.Another option is to freeze and you vary from one week to another with the freezer.There are also the slow pots (Crock Pot) that you put everything and the programs and make you a rich stew.I use it a lot too.

@Karl85 The 0.8gr per kg of weight are the minimums not to get sick, it is not for all the optimal, the optimal is between 1.5 and 2 or 2 and something in case of doing a lot of sports.Those amounts are 100% safe.Protein is basic and optimal intake must be ensured to be healthy.Nor is it shown that eating more of that causes kidney damage, once you have it if you have to control the protein a lot, but eating more does not predispose to have it.In diabetes renal damage is due to high glucose.Anyway, if there is no benefit to get on those amounts, it doesn't make much sense to eat more.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/08/2023 8:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Romano57 I like you, I hate cooking, so I do simple dishes unless an inspired weekend that I wear and very rich things come out.

I follow a low diet in hydrates, without fat beyond those that bring food (meat and fish) and with proteins;

So I usually break breakfast in hydrates with butter, light soybeans with coffee.
The food is always somewhat green (vegetables or salads, I take a lot that has little hydrate), if that day I do not feel like cooking vegetables in the express pot, like a piece of fruit and then my ration of meat or grilled fish with myHalf coffee that falls asleep but as a pillow.
The dinners similar to the food, but I am lazy Guisar, so I usually have a little hunger or sausage, cheese and yogurt of soybeans without hydrates.

1 time a month as a legume, chickpeas in sopita de la rica (and face).But I pay it expensive because the legumes rise a lot at 3 hours, the same as the fats.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2023 9:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Indeed my main objective is the reduction of hydrates, for this I am taking your advice on better and worse foods.
For example, I always breakfast at a bar, and although I ask for whole wheat bread, they have it and I have no choice but to take the toast in white bread.I take coffee with milk without sugar.
For meals although I really like spoon dishes, intercarlating salads or other lighter dishes.
For dinner, fresh and semicured cheese that I love, salads and now I have aligned with the "Greek" yogurts in a bowl with an apple, pear, chopped kiwi, and it is very good, although I have to look that fruit is better or worseFor diabetes, but now that I have read the "soy yogurt without hydrates", I will look for and replace the "Greek".These are details that I have to get the good routine to be limited to you.I love fruit, especially in Melon and Sandia season.;)
I have placed a low food order at "nococinomas.com".Chickpeas, lentils and beans that I will take the days I go to the gym and give myself more cane.The rest at discretion.I will tell how my experience.
They have also advised me an air fryer, which apparently to make meat and fish with vegetables are very advisable, but for now I prefer to cook for me.
I like the details of the foods that I can replace (such as yogurt).

Romano57's profile photo
Romano57
02/08/2023 12:24 p.m.

For the yogurt, the red fruits are going well.They have the advantage that being very small fruits you dosing better.

I buy them frozen almost always.I thought it was going to be a roll but the truth is that I take them out of the freezer, a couple of tablespoons and regret.Neither hard nor anything, very fresh but that's it.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/08/2023 1:35 p.m.

karl85 said:
for yogurt to me the red fruits.They have the advantage that being very small fruits you dosing better.

I buy them frozen almost always.I thought it was going to be a roll but the truth is that I take them out of the freezer, a couple of tablespoons and regret.Neither hard nor anything, very fresh but that's it.

Yes, I just discovered them and they are fine.I interact the fruits these with the time of time and are very good.It is a refreshing and very rich dinner.

Romano57's profile photo
Romano57
02/08/2023 2:27 p.m.

Regarding the air fryer, what I would give for a complete thread, my experience is that ... I have not used the pan.Well yes, to make me a fried egg that takes less and I like it more.I do almost everything with her: the protheic bread, heated the breakfast sandwich, the portion of potato tortilla, the vegetables of the dinner, the fish of fish, the fillets and fresh sausages of chicken and turkey.In summary, almost everything that a oven can do (in a much smaller and economical size) and a pan.I also tell you that my kitchen is very basic and natural and with few flowers.Only a few touches of oil spray, spices and direct to the plate.I like it, but I understand that for more exquisite palates the same is not the most appropriate.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
02/08/2023 4:02 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.