My experience after 1 year with diabetes

Karl85's profile photo   02/06/2023 1:05 p.m.

Hello everyone, after introducing myself in the corresponding forum area I think that the next logical step isDiabetes and believes that everything will always go downhill.

I was diagnosed 1 year ago with type 2 diabetes one afternoon that felt as if they had beaten between 10. I went to the clinic for emergency and prize, more than 250 blood glucose and positive glucose in urine.A week later I made glycosilada and left 7.2 (thanks to the medication and diet of that week, it is clear that if I do it before I had given a higher value).

With the result of glycosilada I entered a mental low because on the day of the diagnosis he had eaten pasta and had hope that it would be a mismatch without more, although I had already read that such a high reading is synonymous with diabetes and no matter what you eat.I dedicated myself to looking for information about complications although I already knew something about the matter because I had an already deceased relative who suffered amputation and loss of vision.And of course, this only served to scare me more and more.

I did not get the medication or 10 days and decided to suspend it on my own account and because I began to wake up with hypoglycemia that although they were not severe (between 55 and 70) they made me think that the dose was not well adjusted.

At this point I decided to diet and exercise, and to see what was happening.I went down 2 or 3 kg and the controls were not good but not a disaster, 120-125 on an emptyno and postprandial between 150 and 200. As I say I know they were not optimal results but I thought "well ... this is without medication, toSee how far we get "

I lowered another 2 or 3 kg and here I already observed a slight trend down.On an empecing I started to give 115-120 and postprandial between 140-180.

Another 2 or 3 kg extra lost and fasting glucose began to give around 110. In Postprandial it did not notice great improvements, some result lowered 140 (137,138,139 ...) but little else.

At this point (about 5-6 months after diagnosis) I step on a medical consultation (nephrologist, to review kidneys) and comment on my impressions.He sends me glycosilada and gives 6.1, he tells me that if I am not taking medication it is very good.It sends me packaglyzine to eliminate glucose through the urine and drink water.It also suggests that you make intermittent fasting 2 days a week, that it ceases very early etc

Here I already discover that this medicine is going as a ring to the finger and it is the piece that I need to give almost normal results.Fasting glucose begins to give between 95-105 and postprandial between 130 and 145, although in reality this is something that I can simply handle with drinking water and filling the bladder to make me want to urinate fast.As a general rule I try to drink a liter in the food to ensure that I go to the bathroom a couple of times in the following 2 hours.Someday I have spent the water and yes, at 2 hours after urinating 3 or 4 times I had an excellent glycosilada almost comparable to what a person without diabetes can have, but exceeding the water is not healthy either.

At what point am I right now?Well, I went down a little more weight (in total I have dropped 12 kg) and currently my fasting glucose is around 90-100, one day there is a positive surprise and dawn in less than 90. The postprandial remains in that range of 130-145,From time to time also with some positive surprise below 130. Negative surprises there are also occasionally, but very few and through the experience and one is taking the trick and knows more or less where to put the stop depending on whatwhat eats.

I would like to clarify that for the postprandial data I provide, I am taking as a reference a normal meal that includes carbohydrates.I have not eliminated theHydrates of my diet and I have not reduced them at lunchtime (in dinners yes), consume the integral rice and pasta that yes.

As a curiosity I have a very athlete brother without diabetes logically, one day we tried to eat at the same time and the same amount of integral rice to compare glucose levels 2 hours later.I had 138 and he 82. What do I mean with this?That if you have type 2 diabetes, do not try to self -draw for the fact that your results are not through the clouds and accept it, it will be the best for long -term health.

I know that my experience does not serve much for type 1, but for which it is type 2 and is not finding the way to dominate your diabetes may serve as motivation.

They continue to have 4-5 kg ​​left over and I have the feeling that I can still improve a little more.I will keep telling you !!

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 1:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I forgot, add that the bread also consumed it but in a small amount and integral too !!I say it because when I comment that I have not eliminated carbohydrates while saying that as a rice / comprehensive pasta and not name the bread because perhaps someone may think that I eat it white.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 1:15 p.m.

@Karl85 congratulations.Keep so you are doing it as a scandal.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
02/06/2023 1:42 p.m.

@Karl85
Congratulations.Very well managed.In diabetes it is about finding each one our way of getting well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/06/2023 3 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Congratulations, you have found the key to control the DM2, encourage and keep it up

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/06/2023 3:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.