{'en': '4% of people with diabetes also suffer from diabetic foot', 'es': 'El 4% de las personas con diabetes padecen también de pie diabético'} Image

4% of people with diabetes also suffer from diabetic foot

fer's profile photo   02/16/2023 4 p.m.

Although there are no conclusive data on the incidence of the diabetic foot in Spain, it is estimated that it is around 4% of diabetes patients, with a higher incidence in men and population over 65.

This pathology causes a failure in the circulation of blood and in the nervous system and, as a consequence, the patient loses sensitivity in the feet, increasing the risk of an ulcer in the foot and suffering from infections before the presenceof minor injuries such as chafing, calluses or blisters.

To serve these patients, the Ruber Juan Bravo hospital complex and the Quirónsalud Madrid University Hospital have launched a consultation of the diabetic foot framed in the therapeutic education consultation in diabetes by Esperanza Jiménez Castro, nurse educator in diabetes.

Through this consultation, a structured program is designed that allows detecting the risk foot and comprehensively addressing all those preventive activities that reduce the appearance of feet injuries.

The program begins with an initial visit aimed at patients with type 2 diabetes at the time of diagnosis and patients with type 1 diabetes of more than 10 years of evolution, and includes the following actions:

- Foot inspection, footwear and socks.
- Vascular exploration: Coloring and temperature assessment, presence of symptoms, palpation of pulses (manual and/or eco-doppler).
- Neurological exploration: assessment of superficial sensitivity (touch, pain and temperature) and deep (perception of pressure and vibration).
- Foot classification according to risk.
- Hygienic foot advice, footwear and recommended socks.
- Foot self -care.

Likewise, it includes review visits aimed at patients who have already been previously evaluated and know the risk of their feet, with the aim of strengthening self -care skills and techniques, controlling the progression of possible complications and detecting early the appearanceof new symptoms.

The consultations will be carried out with the periodicity advised according to the risk that the foot presents (monthly/quarterly/semi -annual/annual).

fer's profile photo
fer
02/16/2023 4 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very good information although in my opinion that 4%... I suppose it will be an average that counts from the newly diagnosed that your risk will be practically 0 to poorly controlled people for years.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/16/2023 5:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The socks must always be analyzed very carefully, he had a boss who said: "Put your feet in the oven, head in the freezer ... and on average, you will be at a normal temperature.": D: D: D.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/16/2023 6:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When I debuted, back in January 2015, in the room waiting for my first endocrinology emergency date, one of the doors had the poster ;: "Diabetic foot unit".

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/16/2023 8:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The positive thing about this problem is that following all the recommendations for the care of the feet in theory is a manageable problem that should not happen to adults.

The sensitivity can more or less verify one homemade by pressing the foot, giving some pinch, clicking slightly, applying cold and heat etc.

In any case, we must not stop attending a professional because they do not perceA revascularization before problems arise.

I leave you a link to expand some information since we are Link

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/16/2023 9:39 p.m.

I tell you from experience when you have a peripheral neuropathy (diabetic foot) you will notice for your symptoms without the need for punctures or pinches or anything similar

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/16/2023 10:42 p.m.

They told me that the review would do every year ... In fact, I spent it in September (without 1 year of debut), in fact how I have early morning ramps I was sent to me a sensitive neurography of lower extremities to rulewhich came out normal, fortunately, if it goes wrong in the first year, we are going bad ...)

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/17/2023 1:36 p.m.

Cassie said:
They told me that the review would do me every year ... in fact, I spent it in September (without 1 year of debut), in fact as I have ramps at dawn IThey sent a sensitive neurography of lower extremities to rule out peripheral neuropathy (which came out normal, fortunately, if it is already bad in the first year, we are going badly ...)

What are ramps?

diabestico
02/17/2023 2:29 p.m.

Uff, this Big Data is a bit tired, come to analyze data and data for statistics .... I don't believe any.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/17/2023 3:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

diabetic said:
Cassie said:
They told me that the revision would do me every year ... In fact, I spent it in September (without 1year of debut), in fact as I have early morning ramps, they sent me a sensitive neurography of lower limbs to rule/Blockquote>

What are ramps?

Cramps, I think.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/17/2023 4:55 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Cassie said:
They told me that the review would do me every year ... in fact, I spent it in September (without 1 year of debut), in fact as I have ramps at dawn IThey sent a sensitive neurography of lower extremities to rule out peripheral neuropathy (which came out normal, fortunately, if it is already bad in the first year, we are going badly ...)

Well, try to take magnesium.The cramps occur due to lack of potassium, magnesium or calcium.Magnesium is missing.I reduced them with 90% magnesium and some friend of mine has also stopped having cramps since taking magnesium.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/17/2023 4:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I told me that the review would do me every year... In fact, I spent it in September (without 1 year of debut), in fact as I have ramps at dawn they sent me a sensitive neurography of lower extremities to ruleIn the first year, we are going bad ...)

What are ramps?

Cramps, I think.

Thanks 🙂

diabestico
02/17/2023 6:20 p.m.

@isabelbota yes cramps while sleeping;I have taken magnesium months and it is true that I have reduced the frequency considerably, but I still have.In analytics potassium and calcium, perfect.I am only treating anemia, which came out the iron very short.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/17/2023 6:45 p.m.

I already had feet neuropathy a year before type 2 diabetes were diagnosed and the truth is that I don't understand it.I have the same sensation, numb feet, very dry and do not detect the high heat (I say this when I'm going to shower open the hot water and I have the mania to put a foot to see at what temperature the water is, as it comes out veryhot I don't notice).For 8 months, I have taken magnesium 300mg and vitamins of group B1-B6-B12 next to the 2700mg gabapentin that I already took and I have noticed considerable improvement in my feet and legs (I no longer have so much discomfort), the magnesium and vitamins of the groupB for me has been a discovery, a friend told me to take it for something else and has turned out very good for neuropathy.Looking on the Internet, it says that the best thing for nerves is to take magnesium, vitamins of group B. People who, like me, did not have in their diet the consumption of magnesium have many possibilities of having neuropathic disease and I have taken it to the flight, but well discoverthat the magnesium and vitamins of group B help is the best thing that has happened to me !!

I can only give advice that works, the one that is diabetic or recently diagnosed to take magnesium and vitamins of group B will avoid neuropathy, if it is working to me to reduce evil, surely taking it before it appears sure it does not appear !!

I have gone through the branches and I self -care of my feet, because I really don't look at them a lot and when I always see them well, very dry yes, I should hydrate them thus conscientiously (I have chest of creams that I don't use by vagrancy).I never have barefoot because it would not be the first time that with socks you hit a small finger unintentionally and it hurts more diabetic standing that you can put together that of God ....

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
02/17/2023 9:30 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Here I leave you a video with exercises to improve the symptoms of which we have diabetic foot and it seems that something relieve
Link

diabestico
04/11/2023 12:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.