{'en': 'Hyperglycemia by training with weights', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias por entreno con pesas'} Image

Hyperglycemia by training with weights

Oskareti's profile photo   02/20/2023 6:21 p.m.

Hello forum people!

I am seriously considering the gym to train weights, for a health theme and if you bounce with you an aesthetic benefit, then better.

The fact is that I know that moving irons makes glycemia a lot and wanted to know if these increases refer after the end of the exercise or on the contrary, they last a lot and you have to correct.

How I point out, say that I do not wear a sensor, and I still don't consider taking it ... If someone wants to tell me their experience with the subject, I thank you very much.

Greetings,

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
02/20/2023 6:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
I train 5 days a week, I always go to the gym without active insulin in the body
I tell you my experience, I go to the gym with 110-120 levels and train for 1:30 hours, during training I get up and I usually reach 160 (I did not perform any cardio exercise) and when it ended it starts to go down, at 30Minutes of finishing I am in 100 and in 30 more minutes I am in 80

This is just my experience and it can be different for your body, I recommend the sensor at least until you see how your body behaves

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
02/20/2023 11:30 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

I usually train with enough kilos and giving it quite strong.
And what is glycemia remains almost the same or low, weird is the day that goes up.Sometimes if I am in a bad ostia or thinking about something that we show me, but it is not usual, sometimes I have put a bolus so as not to train above 200 .....
In a few months I have gone from 260 in the press, 140 in dorsals, and one hundred in bank press.At the beginning five months ago just a girlfriend part of the disaster that diabetes made in me ..... I only cardio the press days.

Although many bad sensors have come out, they help me a lot in my daily life and also when training.And without a doubt I recommend them because in my case I have hypersensitivity in my fingers and not having to depend on the glucometer facilitates everything.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
02/21/2023 4:24 a.m.

Oskarti said:
Hi people of the forum ... I am seriously considering the gym to train weights, for a health theme and if you bounce with you with you any aesthetic benefit, then better ...The case is that I know that moving irons makes glycemia a lot and wanted to know if these climbs refer after the end of the exercise or on the contrary, they last a lot and you have to correct ... how to point, to say that I do not carry a sensor, andI still don't consider taking it ... If someone wants to tell me their experience with the subject, I thank you very much.

Good I tell you for me;

Let's talk about the beginning and end of exercise and how the body reacts ..

If the exercise is intense, the body will release hormones that will cause hyper
If the exercise is soft, how to walk the effect will be a tendency to hiccup

But in both cases they have the same end, which is the replacement of muscle glycogen, this will make the exercise the trend will be subsequently.

Now comes the important question, how much is that post -exercise trend ..... Well, it will depend on you ... The effort that your body has assumed that training session at the beginning will be with 40min of training ... after 3months with 1h: 30min because the amount is associated with the effort and the type of training.

In the end for a lot of theory and others is proof and error .. It is generally said that to train strength it is best to start at levels over 100 and to do it of cardio because more over 180.

In my particular case, I train in the afternoon and it is the strip of the day that I have worse of glycemia ... so I usually go with an active insulin to train and the trend is to maintain blood glucose and at the end it goes down something that makes me make meCene with 1 or 2 rations of HC without insulin

marine's profile photo
marine
02/21/2023 8:52 a.m.

Thank you very much for your comment! ... I find it very useful.

pimbri said:
hello
I train 5 days a week, I always go to the gym without active insulin in the body
I tell you my experience, I go to the gym with 110-120 levels and train for 1:30 hours, during training I get up and I usually reach 160 (I did not perform any cardio exercise) and when it ended it starts to go down, at 30Minutes of finishing I am in 100 and in 30 more minutes I am in 80

This is just my experience and it can be different for your body, I recommend the sensor at least until you see how your body behaves

Thank you very much for commenting!

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
02/21/2023 9:05 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
soil to train with enough kilos and giving it quite strong.
And what is glycemia remains almost the same or low, weird is the day that goes up.Sometimes if I am in a bad ostia or thinking about something that we show me, but it is not usual, sometimes I have put a bolus so as not to train above 200 .....
In a few months I have gone from 260 in the press, 140 in dorsals, and one hundred in bank press.At the beginning five months ago just a girlfriend part of the disaster that diabetes made in me ..... I only cardio the press days.

Although many bad sensors have come out, they help me a lot in my daily life and also when training.And without a doubt I recommend them because in my case I have hypersensitivity in my fingers and not having to depend on the glucometer facilitates everything.

_ tacker _ said:
soil to train with enough kilos and giving it quite strong.

I want to focus more on strength than in hypertrophy, also because of the theme of food, why it costs me a lot to eat, but I am not going to be able to with those kiloos, come on. I thank you a lot of your words a lot

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
02/21/2023 9:10 p.m.

marine said:
oskarti said:
hello people of the forum ... I am seriously considering the gym to train weights, for a health andIf you bounce with you any aesthetic benefit, then better ... the case, I know that moving irons makes glycemia a lot and wanted to know if these increases refer after the end of the exercise or on the contrary, they last a lot and you have to correct... how I point out, say that I do not carry a sensor, and I still do not consider taking it ... if someone wants to tell me their experience with the subject, I thank you very much.

Good I tell you for me;

Let's talk about the beginning and end of exercise and how the body reacts ..

If the exercise is intense, the body will release hormones that will cause hyper
If the exercise is soft, how to walk the effect will be a tendency to hiccup

But in both cases they have the same end, which is the replacement of muscle glycogen, this will make the exercise the trend will be subsequently.

Now comes the important question, how much is that post -exercise trend ..... Well, it will depend on you ... The effort that your body has assumed that training session at the beginning will be with 40min of training ... after 3months with 1h: 30min because the amount is associated with the effort and the type of training.

In the end for a lot of theory and others is proof and error .. It is generally said that to train strength it is best to start at levels over 100 and to do it of cardio because more over 180.

In my particular case, I train in the afternoon and it is the strip of the day that I have worse of glycemia ... so I usually go with an active insulin to train and the trend is to maintain blood glucose and at the end it goes down something that makes me make meCene with 1 or 2 rations of HC without insulin

Great Marine explanation ... Thank you very much for your words.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
02/21/2023 9:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.