{'en': '90% of women with diabetes have never talked about how they affect their sexuality', 'es': 'Un 90% de las mujeres con diabetes nunca han hablado sobre cómo afecta esta a su sexualidad'} Image

90% of women with diabetes have never talked about how they affect their sexuality

fer's profile photo   02/21/2023 10:52 a.m.

More than 90 percent of women with diabetes have never spoken with their health professional of their sexuality and the impact it has on the control of their blood glucose with their health professional, according to an 'online' survey made to more than 500 patients fromAll Spain and has been presented in the latest edition of the 'Experience Day Diabetes'.

Likewise, the study has shown that 93 percent of women with diabetes who have participated in the survey have not been informed at any time of the effect of menopause on glycemia, and 60 percent recognize the same situation regarding the cyclemenstrual."Many women consider taboo theme with their endocrine team of how their diabetes affects their diabetes," said the president of the Albacete Diabetes Association, María José Salmerón.

At the same time, during the meeting it has been commented that the preparation or planning of a pregnancy, or the metabolic effect of being pregnant, are issues that are usually dodged in the medical consultation."50 percent of women with diabetes do not plan their pregnancy with their diabetological care team, even undergoing assisted reproduction techniques," said the Dr. of Virgen de la Victoria de Málaga hospital, María José Picón.

The survey also confirms that almost 6 out of 10 women recognize having to lookYour diabetes.

In the opinion of the experts, these data show a reality to which "other issues to be solved" are added, such as work casualties in the pregnant woman with diabetes or the problem that means that up to 70 percent of women consulted feelthat the responsibility for the care of children is not equitable.

In this sense, the psychologist Gemma Peralta has stressed that this fact shows that even the initial education that the woman receives basically addresses the self -care, probably based primarily on the idea of ​​procreation.In addition, 75 percent of wondered women express a feeling of guilt for not knowing how to control their diabetes in situations such as menstruation, pregnancy or menopause.

Finally, the meeting has highlighted the need to create more studies that make visible the reality of women with diabetes.After analyzing publications related to diabetes and women, management of diabetes and comorbidities or complications, the nutritionist of the Sant Joan de Deu hospital in Barcelona, ​​Marina Llobet, has warned that "the need to plan and conduct studies withGender perspective to provide scientific evidence to the experiences perceived and reported by women who have diabetes or who are caregivers of people with diabetes. "

fer's profile photo
fer
02/21/2023 10:52 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well yes ... nobody explained to me that with hormonal changes during and after menstruation it would suffer so many meaningless mismatches ... to be high a couple of days and the one that no matter how much I correct me, sometimes, insulinIt looks like water ... if it does not become by @ruthbia that opened my eyes, I would still be wondering why ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/21/2023 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am three news of menopause and it gives me dreadful because they tell me that the resistance to insulin increases a lot
I do not know if you know any "modernite" book regarding the control of type 1 DM in menopause or own experiences.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/21/2023 6:52 p.m.

I have already debuted menopause and I have no resistance to insulin.In fact, I manage diabetes with little insulin.Normally basal and 1.5- 2 and 1.5 fast.It is to move in motion and the low glucose quickly.
What greatly uploads resistance is any cold or cold.It makes me spend days, even weeks, with glycemia very high and difficult to go down.What you comment here as insulin looks like water.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/21/2023 10:18 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I am already with the disorders of menopause and I am not noticing any increase in insulin resistance.At the moment, I still put the same amount, and I already tell you that I am in full hormonal stir.What happens to me is the same as @ENSALADA: With any cold, blood glucose is uncontrolled and a lot rises.In fact, this is what has happened to me these last three days: I have constipated myself and I have been with the very rare sugar.I think I'm going back to my being today, less badly!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
02/21/2023 10:57 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I am type 2, but insulin -dependent and menopausal of years ago and what is told here for the changes in insulin needs due to hormones (of people who still have the rule) I do not have them.I have no insulin resistance (and that I am type 2).
So those that you have not yet reached menopause tell you that you do not have so much fear, that it may even be easier to control diabetes because having not the subebaja of hormones, you can be more stable.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/21/2023 11:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota God hears you!hahaha you open a thread of hope ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
02/22/2023 1:21 p.m.

casssie said:
@Isabelbota God hears you!hahaha you open a thread of hope ....

Well, salad says the same as me, it will be like that ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/22/2023 1:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I do not understand the article.He does not talk about sexuality, he talks about how glycemia is distorted with hormones.
Sexual life is something else.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/22/2023 5:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

salad said:
I have already debuted menopause and I have no insulin resistant.In fact, I manage diabetes with little insulin.Normally basal and 1.5- 2 and 1.5 fast.It is to move in motion and the low glucose quickly.
What greatly uploads resistance is any cold or cold.It makes me spend days, even weeks, with glycemia very high and difficult to go down.What you comment here as insulin looks like water.

Of course but that is, you have debuted not long ago and you already had menopause but I have been 40 years of DM 1

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 6:58 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I don't understand the article.He does not talk about sexuality, he talks about how glycemia is distorted with hormones.
Sexual life is something else.

And so much, I thought about sexual life, only anything, just hormonal and physiological issues

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2023 7 p.m.

Is that this is for another forum ... Tinder surprise? ⁷

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/24/2023 12:26 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
is that this is for another forum ... Ties surprise? ⁷

No, but how diabetes can affect the sexual relationship, whether controlled or not, the ability to reach orgasm.A hypo in full task ... Anyway, many things.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/24/2023 1:34 p.m.

What will have to do with the menstrual cycle with sexuality?Both study and then mix things ... hormonal changes affect some more and others less, and in sex can give you some downturn, I see no more sexual problems in women with diabetes.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/27/2023 9:42 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

meginer said:
salad said:
is that this is for another forum ... Ties surprise? ⁷

No, but how diabetes can affect the sexual relationship, whether controlled or not, the ability to reach orgasm.A hypo in full task ... Anyway, many things.

I totally agree with you, sexuality is one thing and the hormones another, for when someone who speaks to us with diabetes without taboos, excitement or lack of sexual appetite, reach orgasm, lubricate, sex is not all, but if this does not workYou can well do some mel in the couple and I think it is important to talk to both the patient and the couple in their case and if she wants

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
03/10/2023 10:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.