{'en': 'High eye pressure and diabetes', 'es': 'Presión ocular alta y diabetes'} Image

High eye pressure and diabetes

fer's profile photo   02/21/2023 4:08 p.m.

Recently, I went to make an eye pressure test and discovered that my level was higher than normal, around 24 instead of the 20 that would be the limit considered normal.

This worries me a little, since I know that high ocular pressure can be a glaucoma symptom if it is not treated in time.

I would like to know if someone has had a similar experience and what advice you could give me.

Any suggestion on how to lower eye pressure?

Any advice or recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/21/2023 4:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, there are a few drops that control it, but many people have it not diabetic.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2023 4:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Fer
Where have they looked at it?Because the logical thing is that the ophthalmologist is the one who tells you what to do if you really have it high.
If it has been an optic I recommend that you go to the ophthalmologist for the following.
Many years ago I had a story in one eye with what I ended in the emergency room and when I looked at me they were not one of that, but I had the ocular tension high.They met me for another day and saw me a great ophthalmologist, that among other things I was measured by the thickness of the cornea and told me that I had it thick, which makes the pressure on it take a higher result of the real,with what really the equivalent value was lower than it came out and was fine.He was seeing me several years once a year until he told me that it was not necessary to continue since it was nothing.And in between he told me not to be an optics that were going to scare me, because they only measure the tension without taking into account other parameters.
Since the high ocular tension could lead to glaucoma (if not) and the decline to retinal detachment, it seems to me a matter to tell you a doctor what you have to do, no self -medication.
Do not overwhelm that if it is high there is treatment (famous drops)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/21/2023 6:31 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

What Fer have already told you, in principle drops.

For already complicated cases there is surgery that relieves ocular pressure and thus progression is avoided.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/21/2023 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Karl85 I have made consultation of my CAP doctor, to see what she tells me about the drops.

@isabelbota has come out in a routine control for Social Security, the following is Fer to the ophthalmologist, but as it can take weeks/months, I would like to see if something can be done in the meantime.

Thanks to both!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/21/2023 8:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Link

I leave this here to expand some information.

I hope that in one way or another the solutions fer

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/23/2023 1:05 p.m.

fer said:
recently, I went to make an eye pressure test and discovered that my level was higher than normal, around 24 instead of the 20 that would be the limit considered normal.

This worries me a little, since I know that high ocular pressure can be a glaucoma symptom if it is not treated in time.

I would like to know if someone has had a similar experience and what advice you could give me.

Any suggestion on how to lower eye pressure?

Any advice or recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

I tell you my case.I went to the hospital to a revision after many years without going.They did all kinds of tests and they took high tension glaucoma apart from 8.8 glycosolada.The ophthalmology sent me 2 drops (some entered the S S. and the other value as € 40 😫).At 3 months I came back with the idea of ​​which they had to click on my eyes (outpatient operation a while and you're going home) and they told me that I had improved quite a lot that they didn't prick me recently the drops for free another 3 months more apartto lower my glycosolate to 6.6 thanks to having prescribed the endocrine the free2 that already made me espabilar and being much more aware of the sugar values.

Alejandromonsi's profile photo
Alejandromonsi
02/25/2023 10:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.