Info contradictory about fruit suitability

MPeres's profile photo   03/04/2023 6:29 p.m.

Hello.

I have seen that among others, apple is recommended as appropriate fruit for diabetics.On fruits in general and its consumption by diabetics I have always seen information that seemed contradictory.

The apple has a 10g/100g sugar composition and a glycemic index of 30 to 50. An apple weighs about 180g.

Isn't it excessive to eat even a single apple for a diabetic?10G !!

Is there a difference between red and green apple (Granny Smith) which is what I like?

What is the difference between glycemic index (30-50) and sugar composition (10g)?

Thank you so much.

MPeres's profile photo
MPeres
03/04/2023 6:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I speak from my experience, the apple uploads a lot and especially the Ganny Smith that is the one I like the most, now I take the ambitial ambrosia that gets less up and I try to be little

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/04/2023 7:57 p.m.

It is that the fruits I think affects each person in a way, although what is true is that they were highly recommended foods to diabetics until the sensors appeared and the peaks that stick were seen.
And then I have read here who does not upload the watermelon or cherries (a barbarity), different effects of the apple or bananas ...
I take the opportunity to take apples in a downturn that usually gives me in mid -morning, to go back, because if not, it goes too much.And I buy them very small (out of 100 gr) and if they are larger I take average.I take the Fuji, it is the one I like the most.
In the end it is to do each one that does well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/04/2023 8:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I now knowing that it makes me peak and low fast, in the middle of the morning I am taking or orange or tangerine and in the middle of the afternoon too.Pico because I see it in the sensor because I see that it climbs to 140 or 150 at most and low and at the time I am in 120-130, according to capillary so I am taking it.And strawberries too.Lately I do not buy blueberries but on other occasions I usually eat it quite frequently.But let's most fruits, from afar, with all the pain of my heart

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/04/2023 9:59 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

To me a small apple or orange if I am in 65-70, it goes up to 120 or so, but if I am higher, it rises to more than 150 (I have my range of 60 to 150 at most).
What are more advised, are red fruits, those barely go up.They are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cherries.It also depends on the amounts but they do not rise just, at least to me.
I have seen what was seen, lately only as red fruits.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2023 11:05 p.m.

@meginer, you can eat half apple ...
My daughter does not notice the rise of the fruit when she eats quickly ..., although it is not seen with 150 in post ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2023 3:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
My daughter does not notice the rise of the fruit when she eats quickly ..., although it is not seen with 150 in post ...

I don't know if you mean that but when I have uploading by fructose I don't realize.And if I have a descent and I take fructose, it is not going as good as with normal glucose.It costs me more time, I feel that I am still a downturn when I am not, with what I end in hyper.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/05/2023 5:36 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, yes, for hypos, fructose is slow.
What I want to say is that, with a more fast unit, he eats the ration of fruit without noticing more up .., what goes up the most is the banana, but half it is equivalent to an apple ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2023 7:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@sherpa41, yes, for hypos, fructose is slow.
What I want to say is that, with a more fast unit, he eats the ration of fruit without notice more up .., what goes up the most is the banana, but half it is equivalent to an apple ...

In the hospital's diabetological education they told me a glass of orange in the descents.I took one and nothing, after a while and nothing, I ended up fed up and eating all the sweets of my house.And I got 300.

Until I tried the cocacola, half a can for a small and an integer for a stronger descent.I put myself at 100-110 without rebound effect.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/05/2023 8:03 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

regina said:

The last time I was in my endocrine, he told me that since they are the sensors, they are seeing things that previously recommended and have seen that they go up a lot, one of them the block.150 postprandial is high, for me, even 140, because it is not what the general population has, and we are supposed to have normoglycemia.The problem of many fruits is that the climb is quick that or putting the insulin the time before they tell you, it solves that.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 9:04 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
regina said:

I don't know if you mean that but when I have uploading by fructose I don't realize.And if I have a descent and I take fructose, it is not going as good as with normal glucose.It costs me more time, I feel that I'm still a downturn when I am not, with what I end in hyper.

The descents, better with glucose pills, why?, Because for the simple reason that he is low, glucose.The rest that you take, it will not upload you fast and also then will continue to climb even if the blood glucose is normal.Because the fructose continues to decompose in glucose later, it ends up becoming, although more slowly, but it is still releasing glucose for several hours, so it continues to rise

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 9:22 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
regina said:
@sherpa41, yes, is that for hypos, fructose is slow.
What I want to say is that, with a more fast unit, he eats the ration of fruit without notice more up .., what goes up the most is the banana, but half it is equivalent to an apple ...

In the hospital's diabetological education they told me a glass of orange in the descents.I took one and nothing, after a while and nothing, I ended up fed up and eating all the sweets of my house.And I got 300.

Until I tried the cocacola, half a can for a small and an integer for a stronger descent.I put myself at 100-110 without rebound effect.

The fact that you do not notice and it seems that you continue to notice low, it does not mean that you are still, first, you have to have a little patience, it does not rise right, it takes a while, what happens is that we get nervous aboutThe adrenergic symptoms of the hypo (sweat, dizziness, tachycardia ...) and we want to pass in a few minutes, in addition, once you are already going back, those symptoms remain more tpo, and you think that you are still in hicc, and of course, then it gives you fat.You have to wait.
I have to wait at least.20 min to overcome, it also depends on each person.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 9:35 a.m.

The fruits upload a lot, the ones that least red, except cherries.
They also told me that an apple in the middle of the morning, on the honeymoon well but then the sensor turned to me and the endo told me to put me insulin.
If I take fruit, it is with food, for insulin.For me eating between hours and having to prick it is not worth it.3 meals or 2 and point.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/05/2023 10:02 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sherpa41 said:
regina said:
@sherpa41, yes, is that for hypos, fructose is slow.

To me, a swallow of cocacola (literally a small drink. What do 3 caps or so) rises like 70 or 80.

Without exaggeration, I leave from 60-65 to 140-150 easy.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/06/2023 9:43 a.m.

Each body is a world.

I once and a half can have had to take over 40 to 120. And being only with the basal or 6 hours after the rapid.

Just as measure 1.93 and weigh almost 100kg influences.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/06/2023 10:12 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.