{'en': 'Blood ketone bodies', 'es': 'Cuerpos Cetónicos en sangre'} Image

Blood ketone bodies

meginer's profile photo   03/04/2023 10 p.m.

Those who do low food in HC or ketogenics and do medis the ketone bodies in blood, is it worth the same freestyle glucometer that is used to measure blood glucose?

I imagine that there will be freestyle strips for it.

Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/04/2023 10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@meginer For Freestyle reader there are strips of ketone bodies.I have not tried them.
I bought some cheap in the pharmacy like those that the nurse attached to the GP.
I measure myself if I notice a weird flavor and I feel apple breath, it happens alone if for 3 days as less than 30g HC

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/05/2023 9:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer for the freestyle reader There are strips of ketonic bodies.I have not tried them.
I bought some cheap in the pharmacy like those that the nurse attached to the GP.
I measure myself if I notice a weird flavor and I feel apple breath, it happens alone if for 3 days as less than 30g HC

Thanks Ruthbia, then is the same freestyle glucometer, right? I will look if they are prescribed or not.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/05/2023 10:09 a.m.

I think that if they are prescribed, at least in Madrid, your nurse gives you.Little money are worth and with which you have 4 or 5 loose you are left over because it usually does not measure you every day.In the tube that I eat comes 20 I think.
The freestyle if it measures but the strips are expensive on Amazon.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/05/2023 12:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I think that if they are prescribed, at least in Madrid, your nurse gives them.Little money are worth and with which you have 4 or 5 loose you are left over because it usually does not measure you every day.In the tube that I eat comes 20 I think.
The freestyle if it measures but the strips are expensive on Amazon.

Thank you, at least they are not prescribed here and the ones that give you, are for urine.I bought some by Amazon, as you say, they are for the afternoon in the afternoon.10 strips come.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/06/2023 1:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.