{'en': 'Hormigueo in hands and feet by diabetes', 'es': 'Hormigueo en manos y pies por diabetes'} Image

Hormigueo in hands and feet by diabetes

fer's profile photo   03/10/2023 10:39 a.m.

When diabetes has already affected the nerves and has caused a diabetic neuropathy, symptoms such as tingling in the hands and feet may occur.This can cause sensitivity to be lost in the feet, that is, having a blister or stepping on something does not feel.

“Diabetes can also decrease the amount of blood flow in the feet.If you do not have enough blood flow in your legs or feet, it is more difficult than a sore or Sane infection.Sometimes, a serious nerve infection is never cured.The infection can cause gangrene, ”details the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Renal Diseases of the United States.

When gangrene does not improve with a professional treatment, the doctor will recommend amputating a finger, foot or part of the leg.This is done to prevent the infection that has already begun expands to the whole body and put life at risk.

“Although it does not happen frequently, the damage of the nerves by diabetes can cause feet deformations, such as Charcot's foot.Charcot's foot can begin with redness, warming and swelling.Then, the bones and fingers of the foot begin to move or break, which makes the foot take a strange form, such as the "zambo foot", "adds the institute.

There are different types of diabetic neuropathy:
- Peripheral neuropathy: It is the most common damage.It usually affects feet and legs.In some cases it can affect the hands and arms.
- Autonomous neuropathy: affects the nerves that control the internal organs, causing damage to heart rate, blood pressure, digestive system, bladder, sexual organs, sweat glands and eyes.
- Focal neuropathies: It causes damage to individual nerves such as the hand, the head, the lathe, the leg.
- Proximal neuropathy: damages the nerves of the hip, buttocks or thigh.

Here are some recommendations to take into account in case there is a diagnosis of prediabetes, there are family history or suspected that diabetes are suffered:

- Check your feet every day in detail.
- Wash your feet every day.
- Keep your feet close.This includes limiting calluses and calluses and cutting the nails in a straight line.
- Always use socks and shoes.
- In case of suspecting some anomaly or affection in the foot, going to a doctor.
- Google technology can translate the letter of the doctors.
- Consult a doctor in case of feet changes.- Photo: Getty Images

Other signals that can alert about this disease include the following:
- Blurred vision
- Excessive thirst
- Fatigue
- Frequent urine
- Hunger
- Weight loss
- Fatigue

fer's profile photo
fer
03/10/2023 10:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Peripheral neuropathy once it is presented has no cure, the only way to keep it at bay is a strict control of blood glucose and not trust, for giving an example, mine, I have been since 2018 with diabetes my glycos are 6 andSomething, the highest I have had is 7.3 and yet I have developed a neuropathy, so take care of you and do not confess

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
03/10/2023 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believed that diabetes was nothing, just putting insulin and now,

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/10/2023 1:51 p.m.

What a bad body has let me read it

Prother's profile photo
Prother
03/11/2023 2:09 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

Well, you know, read and shut up 🤫

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
03/11/2023 5:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.