{'en': 'Keep insulin pen used for several days after removing it from the refrigerator', 'es': 'Conservar pluma de insulina usada durante varios días tras sacarla del frigorífico'} Image

Keep insulin pen used for several days after removing it from the refrigerator

Artistak's profile photo   03/13/2023 8:27 a.m.

Good morning,

It turns out that today I could not find my insulin pen for now, total, that I have taken a new refrigerator and I have injected with it.

The thing is that it would give me a lot of anger to discard the old because I was practically whole, if I find it (I now think I know where it can be)

Could I put the refrigerator again the one I just took today in the morning and keep it there until the previous one ends?

Thank you!

Artistak's profile photo
Artistak
03/13/2023 8:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I keep them out of the fridge because now it does not heat, really.When it's hot, if I put it in the fridge after using it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/13/2023 10:16 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

There is a concept in food conservation that is "the cold chain".It is assumed that if a refrigerated or frozen food in its transport or conservation "breaks" the cold chain is compromised its validity.
In your case, that pen if it has been exposed to room temperature for several hours, it is a pen and its expiration will be that of X days instead of the printed on the label.
If it gives you so much repair, you can mark it to distinguish it from the others and use it being very very attentive to how your sugar responds to that insulin.
I would not risk.Errors we all make, what will be done.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/13/2023 10:19 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Artistak I put them and their action is the same.
The worst thing that can happen to you is hyperglycemia because it has lost its action.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/15/2023 10:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I, from these dates and until after October, I always keep them in the fridge.

The ones I use I carry them in their special case with their ice.

This is what you have to live in the south: Open_Mouth:

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/15/2023 1:46 p.m.

@Artistak
To your question the answer is, as they have told you, that once open it has the days indicated by the prospect (normally 28) the goals or not in the fridge.
As this is not accurate, it may last longer, but you have to be attentive in case it does not effect.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/15/2023 8:25 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

What is your daily dose.I put about 4 feathers a month, and insulin at room temperature lasts a month.So calculate yourself.And do not put it back in the fridge, leave it out once heated.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
03/19/2023 7:28 p.m.

Thanks for the answers, I have put the New

Artistak's profile photo
Artistak
03/23/2023 12:42 p.m.

The truth is that in my case, when I take a pen (Novomix) I have it out of the frigProspect and it even seems to me that it says at least 30 you can have up to a month out, for the moment I do so and repeat it is still effective ....., look or ask even at the attention service of the manufacturer, greetings.

match53's profile photo
match53
03/23/2023 2:04 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Of course, 28 days endure outside.But if a pen lasts a month, like me, if you get two it is clear that one is going to expire, because once open begins to tell its expiration, you have it out or the goals in fridge.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/23/2023 4:40 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.