Results Analysis

ACABALLERO's profile photo   03/17/2023 11:30 a.m.

Good morning, I present myself

I am Ana and I debuted with a type 2 diabetes this summer, with an infected diabetic foot with which I am still with priests and rest (after 2 income and 5 surgeries, but for now they have saved my foot).I did not know that it was diabetic for not having symptoms (my mistake nop making me checks).I entered the emergency department with 13.7 glyc.In November they told me that I had dropped to 5.7.Now I have made new Análius and the data with Asterisk appear, as they were high

HBA1C (NGSP) 6.00 * %
HBA1C (IFCC): 42.1 * mmol/mol
Serum glucose is 101

Until the end of the month I do not go to the endocrine and I do not value these results, but I see them well, even if they are with asterisks, right?

My current medication, after many changes, is
Apidra 2 units at breakfast
Toujeo 26 Uniddes at 2:00 p.m.
Metformin in food and dinner

Thanks for your interest and greetings, I will appreciate all information

ACABALLERO's profile photo
ACABALLERO
03/17/2023 11:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Diabetes @acaballero forum!We are glad that you have joined our community.Here you will find support, information and advice of people who are also dealing with diabetes.

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the progress you have achieved in the control of your diabetes.Reducing your HBA1C from 13.7 to 5.7 is a great achievement, and I am sure that many in the forum will be interested in knowing your experience and learning from it.

As for your new analysis results, although I am not a doctor, it seems that your HBA1C levels and serum glucose are quite close to normal ranges, which is excellent news.Asterisks may indicate that they are slightly outside the reference range, but still, it seems that you have improved a lot from your diagnosis.It is important that you talk to your endocrine about it to obtain a professional opinion and adjust your treatment if necessary.

In this forum, you will find people willing to share their stories, exchange ideas and offer emotional support.Do not hesitate to ask questions, share your experiences or simply read what others have published to learn more about how to live with type 2 diabetes.

Once again, welcome to the forum and we hope you find here a place of support and camaraderie.We are here to help each other!

Greetings and a lot of encouragement in your way to better diabetes control.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/17/2023 11:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you, I will share my experience in what you want

ACABALLERO
03/17/2023 11:49 a.m.

justallero said:
good morning, I present myself

I am Ana and I debuted with a type 2 diabetes this summer, with an infected diabetic foot with which I am still with priests and rest (after 2 income and 5 surgeries, but for now they have saved my foot).I did not know that it was diabetic for not having symptoms (my mistake nop making me checks).I entered the emergency department with 13.7 glyc.In November they told me that I had dropped to 5.7.Now I have made new Análius and the data with Asterisk appear, as they were high

HBA1C (NGSP) 6.00 * %
HBA1C (IFCC): 42.1 * mmol/mol
Serum glucose is 101

Until the end of the month I do not go to the endocrine and I do not value these results, but I see them well, even if they are with asterisks, right?

My current medication, after many changes, is
Apidra 2 units at breakfast
Toujeo 26 Uniddes at 2:00 p.m.
Metformin in food and dinner

Thank you for your interest and greetings, I will appreciate all information

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the results of your analysis.They are pretty good.In fact I had worse than yours last time;)

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/17/2023 1:02 p.m.

Well, I believe that, apart from medication, my food change influences a lot (I was very much helped by the formation of my Diabetes Nurse of H. La Paz) because exercise, I don't even walk, I can't yet, but it's hard, althoughI am positive and I have my foot! without some fingers, but well!

ACABALLERO
03/17/2023 1:08 p.m.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
03/17/2023 1:26 p.m.

Congratulations and welcome!

You must be one of the few DT2 person who has received training.Great for peace.

Diabetes demands to take care of them continuously, especially DT2 because as soon as you get rid of, glycemia will upload you.The DT1 solve it with exogenous insulin, but the DT2 can only kill yourself to burn that excess with exercise.Some excess one day you can afford, but very controlled.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/17/2023 3:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, I have no complaint in that aspect, I had several consultations with her explaining everything, and now every 3 months with the endocrine and with it.He also gave me an email in case I had any problem.I have resorted to him on several occasions for glycemia and data that I did not understand and, as my glucometer is linked to them, at all times they can see my values ​​(I measure glucose 6 times a day), then they call me and modify meInsulin if necessary.The truth is that I am happy.

ACABALLERO
03/17/2023 3:09 p.m.

Those who have diabetes hemo at 6 because it is pretty good.It puts the asterisk because it is already above the value of a hem in a healthy person, but do not worry, besides that you have advanced a lot !!!A barbarity !!I do not know if you are aware but what I had 5.7 in no time is 10, no, of 100 !!

You're going great so don't worry, keep it up and hopefully you will heal your foot soon

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/17/2023 7:03 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.